What's best pH for feeding in straight peat moss ?

i'm pretty sure @InTheShed runs promix without bothering to ph.

i ph'd at 6.3 when i last ran promix. the formula has changed since then. it's got dolomite to balance ph now.

hp itself notes the media should self balance between 5.9 and 6.2, but won't go so far as to recommend a simple feeding ph. they also make a point of explaining the media can break down and ph change over time, which kind of seems like a back door way of saying you're on your own if it screws up.

I don't know I think different line nutes requires different ph for exemple athena saying 6.4 for peatmoss and perlite not promix but it shoud be same rh. My fuckin canna doesn't say anything in the bottle so I keep wondering

I don't know I think different line nutes requires different ph for exemple athena saying 6.4 for peatmoss and perlite not promix but it shoud be same rh. My fuckin canna doesn't say anything in the bottle so I keep wondering

ph goes by media. the nute line won't have an answer because they don't know your chosen media.

I'm gonna try coco next time fuxk that promix. It should be more simplw.with the coco right?

a lot more feeding cycles. most large operations use a soil or hp as it cuts back on the amount of work required to feed, and is more cost effective. the trouble with both coco and hp is that it can only be used once.

The manufacturer of ProMix says there is no reason to adjust the pH of your water going in. They do say to keep and eye on the pH of the ProMix over time (using a slurry test), as the alkaline content of your water and the type of nitrogen in your fertilizer can eventually cause it to get out of an acceptable range.

i don't really find that acceptable. it leads to folk doing stuff like chasing run off, which always ends in tears.
if you get used to not running a ph, then get a long running sativa, the media can break to the point the ph wipes you out in late flower.

when going through their own lit they avoid it behind a token it won't need ph unless it does double speak.

when going through their own lit they avoid it behind a token it won't need ph unless it does double speak.
You don't correct a change in media pH by changing the pH of your nutes, so their advice not to pH stands. Their recommendation to correct a medium that is out of range is to change the nitrogen source in your nutes and let the roots do the adjusting for you. I've done it and it works.

I don't recommend ProMix HP for anyone with a long grow and I'll be trying out FoxFarms soil for this summer's plants.

I'm gonna try coco next time fuxk that promix. It should be more simplw.with the coco right?
I love coco, that's all I use now
Needs a fair bit of watering but if you got an irrigation system you have total control, no guessing games
Coco has a great property - it disperses water very well due to capillary action, so you don't have to worry much about watering; wick, drip, flood/drain, NFT or any combination all work great

a lot more feeding cycles. most large operations use a soil or hp as it cuts back on the amount of work required to feed, and is more cost effective. the trouble with both coco and hp is that it can only be used once.
I think I will try 80.lights with coco 80 lights with hp and compare whats the cost and amount of work? That's gonna help me to decide rightn? Also I hand watering all that me and 2 more guys especially me I spend 9 hours a day of watering that pro mix only 80 lights. But I'm planing to switch to irrigation system. Or maybe Rockwool cubes or flood and drain how you suggest me 1 month ago. First I'm try to figired out how that plant exactly work. Cause I have miss understanding. Then chose a cheaper line then canna. And then decide what kind of a soilless mix or hydroponic system I will use.btw day 14 can i still spray them for spider mites ? Ok kelp for foliar feed?

20220410_130804.jpg

Their recommendation to correct a medium that is out of range is to change the nitrogen source in your nutes and let the roots do the adjusting for you. I've done it and it works.

just reach in the bottle and yank it out ? ... :p

it's a moot point anyway. i'd probably run it on MC and RO with a little calmag and no ph.

Back
Top Bottom