Whats in my soil?

oldhippie64

I have a 5 plants 3weeks old they are under 8 50k &2 27k cfls in soil the soils was generic potting soil from dollar store. when I watered them yesterday I displaced some of the soil and noticed what look like little white roots but they aren't attached to plants. they are about 1/2-3/4 long an, should I be concerned or is it a good thing?

Are they moving? There is usually a good reason stuff ends up in the dollar store. It could be infected with god knows what kind of bugs. It could also be those little white pellets that almost all soil companies use in their soil. I think it could be to improve drainage or to hold water. Really not sure. What would really help are some pictures.

no not moving,not bone meal tho there is some in mix but it looks rough rounded shape like . what I'm asking about looks like white hairs or threads. I didn't see these white hairs when I filled pots 4 weeks ago. So I think they grew there. they look like little roots minus the rest of a plant. I'm worried I'll a unwanted weeds sprouting but nothing popped up but my babies so I've been wondering if it's some kind of fungus. I'd post a pic but dont have a way to do so currently but am working on that. yea I know the dollar store isn't known for quality.

Back
Top Bottom