What's the most you would pay for seeds?

50 bucks a seed with 50/50 chance it's a male? Not a chance. That's just paying for a name nothing else. Ever see a large cannabis plant that has been thoroughly pollinated? Wouldn't surprise me if you could get 5000 or more quality seeds. Quarter million for a plant ? Craziness. I know it's not the same at all but consider this. I can buy approximately half a million carrot seeds for 250 dollars.
Anyways, I think 10 maybe 15 bucks per is ok for smallish quantities, depending on if we are talking fems or regs and the quality of the stock. Possibly bit more for a particularly awesome strain.
I would sure like to see more openness from these seed banks about what exactly they are selling, it's hard to compare prices when you don't have a clue if it's even the same product.

I would sure like to see more openness from these seed banks about what exactly they are selling, it's hard to compare prices when you don't have a clue if it's even the same product.

To say a "seed bank" selling "$500" 10-packs or the equivalent, should be regarded with suspicion is an understatement. Especially one with no researchable track record. Right now there's a huge money grab going on in that regard. Caveat emptor, for sure.

JPinkman, be weiry that 3$ seed. It could be a male. They always start off stronger and bigger then the females. But maybe its a girl you never know. Keep me posted.

I do have another question .
My dad had a male GDP . I can't remember what breeder and he pollinated a northern lights blueberry . And got a shit ton of seeds. Do you'll think those seeds would be worth germinating ?. If so what percentage of auto would they be ? If any at all.

James Bean Company Has the True Blueberry now. Its under Old World Genetics/DJ Short. Decent price for Blueberry. Finally gots some. I have wanted it for years.
I can see paying high dollar for seeds if you are set up to self it or clone it. But only for the truly great strains. I'm not sure if I would put GDP there.
Dutch Passion Blueberry isn't pure, its hybridized with Skunk.
HSO, meh.
The others listed are fine.

And GDP seeds @ $50 each? LOLNO GDP isn't all that, not even close!

Those seeds should be fine. I would grow it. Male plants are best used to introduce traits ie Flavor from the GDP. Plants structure is carried by the female and the Northern Lights Blueberry should have that.
I do have another question .
My dad had a male GDP . I can't remember what breeder and he pollinated a northern lights blueberry . And got a shit ton of seeds. Do you'll think those seeds would be worth germinating ?. If so what percentage of auto would they be ? If any at all.

Those seeds should be fine. I would grow it. Male plants are best used to introduce traits ie Flavor from the GDP. Plants structure is carried by the female and the Northern Lights Blueberry should have that.
I forgot to say that the northern lights blueberry was an auto.
So he pollinated a northern lights blueberry auto using a male Gdp !! Still think it would be worth it ??

Thanks for the advice! It was sold as a feminised seed. Im aware of the general belief that the fem seeds arnt as good as a true female from regular seed, but it's my first grow so I thought I'd try something easy. The free seeds are regular. It seems sexing them will be a lot of work...
Its not a hard job, the males show signs about 1 week or two before they start to drop their pollen sacs so if you check on your plants everyday it's not a problem. But if you plant them outside and only check once a week then I would worry.

JPinkman, be weiry that 3$ seed. It could be a male. They always start off stronger and bigger then the females. But maybe its a girl you never know. Keep me posted.

This is NOT true. Some of the biggest strongest growing plants have been female. I learned this the hard way as I to thought the same thing yrs ago. No I live by the 1 rule when dealing with reg seeds. U wana know 100% if it's male or female then force it to flower or take a clone an force it. I've seen heard an tried almost everything to determine the sex of the plant an this is the only 100% way I've ever found.

This is NOT true. Some of the biggest strongest growing plants have been female. I learned this the hard way as I to thought the same thing yrs ago. No I live by the 1 rule when dealing with reg seeds. U wana know 100% if it's male or female then force it to flower or take a clone an force it. I've seen heard an tried almost everything to determine the sex of the plant an this is the only 100% way I've ever found.

With all due respect. I was saying be "weiry" of that 3$ seed for the obvious stated fact that was stated. Saying it isn't "true" is insulting and ignorant for many reasons. One should "choose" is or her words carefully when jumping in and stating someone is a "liar".
I was mearly stating my observations from experience.

Yeah it should work. I don't know much about autos. It probably won't be a auto but you never know. If it is your best chance to keep the genetics I would say go for it.
I forgot to say that the northern lights blueberry was an auto.
So he pollinated a northern lights blueberry auto using a male Gdp !! Still think it would be worth it ??

Yeah it should work. I don't know much about autos. It probably won't be a auto but you never know. If it is your best chance to keep the genetics I would say go for it.
I don't want them to be autos . All I know is that the northern lights blueberry auto was really good. So I'm hoping that it crossed with the GDP will make a decent strain .

Back
Top Bottom