Where do Spider Mites come from?

Soil or soiless, it doesn't matter.

I go with Floramite and Forbid for the borgs.

DD

spider mites are hatched from eggs. they are everywhere outside
they are usually brought into indoor gardens unknowingly by:

humans that enter the grow area can be contaminated with mites
- their shoes might have mites or eggs
- their clothes might have them
- could also come from your pet that is allowed into the grow area
- pests could come from soil (bought or gathered from outside)

good luck

Chicago Joe told ya right.

Growers get spider mites when

They did not know that high humidity, high moisture, and bright lights attracks bugs.

They did not spray the floor and walls with a safe pesticide before starting the grow.

They did not use any pest strips near the door.

They did allow the cat or dog to come into the area.

They did wear shoes outdoors and then walk around the grow area with the same shoes on.

They did bring in tools from outside, from the barn, the garage, and from the yard into the grow area.

They did have some soil plants growing near the hydro area.

They did not sterilize the soil they used from outdoors.

They did leave a window open to let some fresh air in.

They did work in the outdoor garden and then come inside and work in the indoor garden area.

They did not wash their clones first.

I am lucky and have never had the dreaded mite, but since we opened our store I hear a lot off stuff from a lot of people.

My rule of thumb was always stay out of other peoples rooms and don't let anyone in your room to stop pests spreading but recently a customer informed me that he got spidermite from bamboo canes that a friend had discarded I their shed several weeks earlier.

I was amazed to find them this resilient

There are big changes happening in the UK with spider mite treatment as many products are being banned due to them also being harmful to bees. We all love the bees and understand the need to preserve them but really DEFRA this stuff is being used indoors.

Back
Top Bottom