Which light for better coverage in a 5 x 5 tent

High All ! I'm buying a new light & would like to know which light would provide better coverage for a 5 x 5 tent. I can't say the name brand as they are not a sponsor. Here are the details.
Light #1 : Meanwell Drivers & Samsung LM301B diodes / 640 watt 12 Bar Light (about 40" x 40")
Light #2 : Meanwell Drivers & Samsung LM301B diodes / 800 watt 10 Bar Light (40" x 40")

So light 1 has less watts but more bars & light 2 has less bars but more watts. So really not sure which would flower a 5 x 5 better.
Any suggestions / opinions ?

id go with light one , i use 240 watt draw with the same samsung diodes , covers my place well i am buying another for my tent :) the large cfl are just for extra heat lol
P1130406.JPG

id go with light one , i use 240 watt draw with the same samsung diodes , covers my place well i am buying another for my tent :) the large cfl are just for extra heat lol
P1130406.JPG
I'm curious why you would pick light 1. Is it because it has 12 bars so it would cover better then the 10 bar even though it's only 640 watts ? This is where I'm unsure. Not sure if a 10 bar with 160 more watts would penetrate deeper then the 12 bar with less power. I have to make a decision in the next day or 2 because I'm ready to order it .... (& the excitement of getting it is overwhelming ... lol). Been wanting one of these for over a year & finally getting it .... Hooray !
Now to choose the right one.

Sounds like the only difference is the driver.
Could buy the 12 bar and IF 640w isn't enough then next grow buy another driver and make it an 800+w 12 bar light.
They are both 40x40" so the only difference is the 12 bar will have more density.
Thats why I put my bars just 3" apart.
High density and at 650w i never turn them up full blast.
So I run them dimmed and get better efficiency, very even coverage, and run very cool.
My space is only 2x5 though.
So iam at 10sq/ft and potentially 65w per square foot and upwards of 1700 PPFD both lights full blast which is too much unless you're very dialed in with high C02.
You're at 16 sq/ft so 640w would be 40w per square foot.
You should be able to run that full blast in flower.
Even 800w is 50w per square foot.

I run between 650-800 in my 5x5 spaces and no Co2. Everything dialed - temps and rH fans are very helpful. I run clip fans on my power supplies and run them full tilt.

I think you get better efficiency at higher output. Thats the specs on the lamps and the drivers. +90% power is the sweet spot for efficiency. Was the last time I looked when I was purchasing.

Also some dimmer switches take part of the voltage since its a variable potentiometer there is still a bit of resistance even at full power. Some pots I've read will take 10% off the top end. Not every one but some.

Back
Top Bottom