White Widow 24 days into flower small buds?

James427

Hey everyone I have a grow going currently with 2 feminized w.w from CKS. One is alot healthier than the other but they are both making it through pretty well all problems aside. Here's some info on my grow:

Strain in CKS feminized white widow (60\40 indica dominant)

I'm using Fox farms nutrient trio (Grow big, Big bloom, and Tiger bloom) with beastie blooms. Also Botanicare cal-mag+, and G.H pH up and down with a RO water stabilizer.

My girls are currently in 7 gal smart pots (fabric) in roots organics organic potting soil. The soil is cut with about 35% perlite.

My girls are in a 4x4x6.7 tent.

I am using a 600 watt HPS bulb on a variable 600 watt ballast set to the 430 watt setting because of heat issues at 600w.

I am currently in 12\12 but vegged for about 2 and 1\2 months in 18\6.

Temps are around 72-78 degrees on average but can get into the lower 80s (was 83 yesterday with 600w setting). RH has been low through the whole grow around 25-40% max. (It's dry here during the winter)

Both girls are about 28" from the bulb it is in a wing reflector.

So both girls are 24 days in since flipped 12\12. They did both stretch a bit and have plenty of bud sites packed on ( little button buds with pistils and some resin). The buds are much smaller than I expected by now. They are literally about the size of pennies on top. My one girl is much smaller with several deficiencies and problems showing although I do think her roots where severely damaged. Bit plants had a few days in about 90 degree temps a around mid veg. They also want root bound in there 1 gal pots. The other girl I'm more concerned about because she is actually pretty big 22" tall 24" round and bushy but her buds are just as developed as the runt? I have been very light on feeding lately so she is a little lighter colored and has a few leaves showing perfect matched signs of Tabacco mosiac virus. But otherwise I would think she would be farther ahead. She is very healthy otherwise. No pests that I'm aware of.

My feeding lately have been about 500 ppms. pH is always around 6.5 never higher than 6.6 or lower than 6.4 sometimes I go lower due to runoff being high. My runt girls runoff is high usually around 7.2. my bigger girl is around 6.8-7.0 pH runoff. Ppms are always down around 150-300 when I flush so I don't think I have lockouts. Is it possible they are just really hungry? I have been really holding off on heavy feeding to avoid lockouts but maybe they need more nutes to get going? It's not like the leaves are yellow and dead I actually only pull one or two off a week. But I can see some lighter colors. Anyways thanks for any ideas as I'm worried they aren't gonna produce like they could. Sorry about the books worth of info but I just wanted to get some good info down. Any ideas are definitely appreciated.

Pictures might help, as probably get a more accurate answer that way from those that know this stuff (I'm still learning). 24 days into Flower they won't be big as the increase in size comes later into Flower in my experience.

About same time frame around 3 weeks since flip:

0042838.JPG

Yesterday around 8 weeks from flip:

0033090.JPG

Im a newbie on my first grow and was asking myself the same question. Im using all the same products.
420-magazine-mobile968550725.jpg
420-magazine-mobile362170808.jpg
420-magazine-mobile764290677.jpg
25 days into flower
420-magazine-mobile1822932827.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

That early into flower your buds look about the size the should be. Mine didnt even start throwing pistols till around 14 days into 12/12

It does however seem that your soil ph could be alkaline. If you are putting in 6.5 ph and your run off is in the 7's it sounds like you might be better off mixing an amendment into the top of the soil that will help buffer the soil ph down.

I am newer however so I suggest you get a few more opinions but thats was just my thoughts. If im wrong then hopefully someone lets me know

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Pictures might help, as probably get a more accurate answer that way from those that know this stuff (I'm still learning). 24 days into Flower they won't be big as the increase in size comes later into Flower in my experience.

About same time frame around 3 weeks since flip:

0042838.JPG

Yesterday around 8 weeks from flip:

0033090.JPG

Im a newbie on my first grow and was asking myself the same question. Im using all the same products.
420-magazine-mobile968550725.jpg
420-magazine-mobile362170808.jpg
420-magazine-mobile764290677.jpg
25 days into flower
420-magazine-mobile1822932827.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

That early into flower your buds look about the size the should be. Mine didnt even start throwing pistols till around 14 days into 12/12

It does however seem that your soil ph could be alkaline. If you are putting in 6.5 ph and your run off is in the 7's it sounds like you might be better off mixing an amendment into the top of the soil that will help buffer the soil ph down.

I am newer however so I suggest you get a few more opinions but thats was just my thoughts. If im wrong then hopefully someone lets me know

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Thanks for the input. I'm a little upset as I just found my first (runt) girls problem. She has been looking pretty sick and now I know why. Exact match of symptoms and look of stem and or root rot. I did make the mistake in late veg of over watering for awhile and I think that pretty much did her in but I know also noticed that her main stalk and stems are dark and basically rotten. I broke a few branches at the stalk just brushing up into them while watering and they seem to be getting weaker as she gets older? I'm hoping it's not some sort of fungus or mold that's rotting her away but I think it is. It's wired though because she is still budding almost as well as my healthier girl? It smells a bit funky too so now I'm worried she may have something to infect my healthier girl. My healthier girl has nice green stalk and stems with good-looking foliage other than that Tabacco mosiac virus symptom. Hoping for the best here just can't decide on whether or not to take the sick one down. It looks almost like botrytis ( bud rot) but on her main stalk? Anyways as for the buds I'm glad it seems like some strains just flower slower I just hope there isn't some disease working its way around my tent. BTW beautiful girls there. Always good to see happy healthy plants like that. :thumb: thanks for sharing.

Good luck with yours :Namaste:...if it was me I would just keep a close eye on it, make sure it not get mold or mildew, they pretty resilient so it may just pull thru long enough for you to kill it when it's done.

Good luck with yours :Namaste:...if it was me I would just keep a close eye on it, make sure it not get mold or mildew, they pretty resilient so it may just pull thru long enough for you to kill it when it's done.

Hey everyone I'm about 36 days into flower still have some pretty small buds on my runt but she's producing a good amount of resin she weirdly also has some ambering pistils already? My big healthy girl is packing some weight on now ( probably about 3/4" in diameter top colas) still on the small side though only about 2" tall at the most so far but pretty dense. Weird thing is she is only making resin like my Reggie bag seed plant did? I'm gonna do a flush in a day or so to see if there's any lockouts but I think she's ok. The sick runt plant has resin spreading to the main fan leaves which is crazy compared to the healthy girl? There was a few days where my ballast died and they where in the dark for almost 3 days straight so maybe that threw them off? How long do these CKS White widows go for usually?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom