White Widow, Bubble Gum, Purple Haze Grow Tubs LST CFL

Overnight the bottom leaf tips went full yellow.. never had that happen on my first grow so im just assuming its the LST.. I upped the nuts and turned the plants around to try and get light on the leafs in question.. I will update when I see any change.

Thank for the info Hemp and XLR8.

Hey Mardo don't try to save those leaves, snip them so they don't cause any mold issues. You'll want some nice airflow around the base of the plant anyhow. IMO if you've got any leaves that are touching the medium they should be removed.

DSCF5102.jpg

DSCF5103.jpg

I agree that it appears to be Nitrogen deficiency but also agree that they're doing fine and you shouldn't worry...just make sure you keep feeding them. This happened to me with my Pineapple Express and Lucy plants as they were transitioning from seedling to veg. Keep them nuted and they'll be happy.

Here's a question - is the yellowing happening on the WW as well? I've had the yellowing like you're talking about happen before (all other growth fine), but noticed it seemed to be a bit strain dependent. For example, I've never had it happen with my Snow White strain (descendant of WW by the way).

You grew WW last time, and that was when there was no yellowing, right? This may be new strains that are more finicky with nitrogen for example... Just a theory.

Big thing is - I don't think you have anything to worry about. Take care of them like you would/should... they look really good. Those leaves aren't a big deal at this point. I doubt they will be either...

Looking good! :yummy:

Hey Mardo! I agree with everyone else, they look great don't change anything!

Most of my bad problems happen when I'm trying to fix a small problem that really isn't a problem, if that makes any sense.

Always look to the new growth - if it's happy you're in good shape.

The yellow is now traveling up the plants. First set of leaves to go yellow have curled and browned. Now the yellow is moving upwards. currently now on the large fan leaves. tips are browning.. Eeeeeek. Lots of new green growth but im worried the yellow will keep spreading upwards faster then Im growing new green as its looking that way.

Any help ??

Temp 74 degrees and been using full nutes for 5 days

Got any pics Mardo? Sure sounds like a N deficiency but I'd like to see. Another thing that could cause a problem like this is root rot or fungus gnats. How often are you watering?

Hey Mardo - if I had to guess you do have a nitrogen deficiency. I'm not a soil grower, but there is a ton of good info at this link if you haven't already had a chance to check it out - there are lots of photos and tips on fixing Nitrogen deficiencies, root rot, etc.

I think Bluedog has the right list of potential culprits, maybe use this link to further sleuth it a bit:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Good luck my friend - I know what it's like to stress over the ladies!

Looks like a N deficiency, too! What's your PH at? I'm not a soil grower either, but it's possible the N is there but it's being locked out due to out-of-range PH.

Other than that, they look great! :goodjob:

Im using store bought filtered spring water in the jugs as I do not have a PH tester.. I was hoping that they would not have to be adjusted. Am I wrong with that assumption??

I'll let the others give their opinions, but IMHO, if you're gonna grow MJ you will definately need a PH tester. Nutrients can only be absorbed within specific PH ranges. You need to make sure your PH stays within those ranges so the nutrients can be absorbed by the plant. This is really critical and you can pick up a cheap soil PH meter for under $20. It will be money well spent!

Back
Top Bottom