White Widow, Bubble Gum, Purple Haze Grow Tubs LST CFL

I started my LST on 4 girls today. The other 2 dont have the size yet for LST.

I will be following this LST model

LST32.jpg

Thats the one I tried. I had trouble with light penetration to the top as it grew around. so i just pulled all the branches down ala scrog w/o screen. better light penetration. I guess you could keep a light just on the top as it grows around.

Ok I checked my PH... it rad out at 6.1

I think thats good??

Hey Mardo I think the girls still look very good overall so don't do anything rash.

6.1 is too low for soil, you should be watering at 6.8. If you can, get some ph up from a pet store in the fish dept. That's the first change I'd make and see if that doesn't help.

Keep in mind to check ph after you add your nutes.

I have the opposite problem, need to ph down. However I've found that if I check the ph'd water on the 2nd day, it will have risen a lot. So always re-check ph'd water that's been sitting out for a while.

Good luck, they'll be fine.

Hey Mardo I think the girls still look very good overall so don't do anything rash.

6.1 is too low for soil, you should be watering at 6.8. If you can, get some ph up from a pet store in the fish dept. That's the first change I'd make and see if that doesn't help.

Keep in mind to check ph after you add your nutes.

I have the opposite problem, need to ph down. However I've found that if I check the ph'd water on the 2nd day, it will have risen a lot. So always re-check ph'd water that's been sitting out for a while.

Good luck, they'll be fine.

I agree Bluedog - I'd suggest getting both PH up and PH down. If you live by a hydro/grow store, they should have PH up and PH down also that are specific to growing. Once you start keeping track of it, you will probably have need for one or the other, so it's nice to have both.

Having your PH out of line either up or down can create serious problems - so it's important to measure this regularly and adjust.

Good luck Mardo!

Im moving to a larger space in the next 2 months and will be able to accommodate some better equipment.

I have made some choices. Looking for some feed back.

Dark Room 120 (4x4) - $269.00

The Darkroom Indoor growing tent
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Highly reflective material
- Supports up to 30kg of lighting equip

darkroom120-l.gif

400 Watts Switchable MH/HPS - $259.00

High quality multi-volt major U.S. brand enclosed ballast
Switchable between MH & HPS with easy to use switch
Backlit On/Off Switch
Steel powder coated housing
Spectral pepple aluminum insert
8ft. Grounded power cord included
Integrated Mogul Base Socket
Chrome wire mounting hangers
Dimensions: 22½"L X 12¾"W X 7½"H

specialty-lights_2145_728890.jpg

Can you recommend anything better? or additions?

High MM,

I don't know if you checked out my set-up, but I'm growing in a similar tent to the one you are thinking of buying. I'm running a 600W light in there and I don't think I would go with anything lower. I'm kind of upset at myself that I didn't buy the 1000W light instead. I wouldn't run a 400 watter in that tent myself. I think 600W would be the minimum I would run. You will be kicking yourself later as I am that I didn't buy the 1000 watter instead of the 600W. This is my setup:
SAM_0191.jpg

ahh thanks hemp...I thought about that. Never had an HPS before so I am unsure about the overall power and light. Im worried about the heat generation of a 1000 watt. is that too much for a 4x4?? And another worry is the skyrocketing electric bill.

Now from my understanding HPS is for flower and MH is for veg correct? when I get into the 1000 watt equipment its not duel. Its either MH or HPS so I will need to buy both correct??

I never ran a 1000 Watter. The 600W light that I have is not too bad. I just run a 5" inline fan that pulls air through the cool tube and out of the tent. If you're worried about the electric bill, just go with the 600W light. It will be good enough....it is for me....it's just that now I wish I had a little bit more light :( But I will just stick with this 600 watter until I buy some sort of LED light in the next year or so.

Yes, HPS is for flower and MH is for Veg. But you can totally veg in your tubs under CFL's. You can also buy an electronic ballast (that's the one I have) and run both HPS and MH off of it. You just have the buy 2 separate bulbs.

Thanx guys...Hope my plants like them as much as i do..

Picked up this new electronic thermometer tonight. It has 2 wireless censors and able to track the info on a separate LCD I can put anywhere. I can now sit put and play video games all day and stop checking the dam tubs. It also has an alarm, you can set warning alarms. Set a low temp warning and a high temp warning. It also tracks the highest and lowest temps of the day. I love new toys.

With the lids down im able to keep the heat down. currently 71 F.. I can probably turn the fans off high and run them on low setting

DSCF5135.jpg

Thanks guys.. now I have to just win over the wife. She doesn't seem to appreciate the living room addition lol

I'd offer to help explain it to her, but I don't think I'd be much help! :)

Back
Top Bottom