White Widow Indoor Veg Outdoor Flower

How do you deal with rain? It doesn't get cold enough to frost out there?

Grow cab's in a covered shed. It gets driped on, but not much. The roof on the covered shed sux. Frost and freezing is farily unusual on the gulf coast. We do see one or two freezes... some years. Snow would be freakish... tho it snowed on xmas a few years ago. When the weather prediction for the night shows that it might near freezing, I just drag the babies into the shed for the night and plug in a little heater. The lights in the veg cab keep it nice and warm. Our grow season is almost 365/yr... the issue is the heat and humidity. Strains that grow well in heat and are mold resistant are a real bonus.

Cheers!

I c it. As long as the number of blades stays the same or increases with new growth, that's normal. Now it it happen the other way I'd be willing to bet around the time the leaves began changing the # of blades per leaf that it was stressed at the time. This has always been my experience.

update... took clones from Red and Green today. I wanted to top them, so I used the topping for clone action. I felt sad trimming those big ass fan leaves from around the clone base. Dipped them in powder, popped them into grow cubes and set them in some water.

Blue went into the outside garden 2 days ago. Of course, this has coincided with quite a bit of rain. figures. She looks fine... just wet. I did put a stick on her... just in case the weight of the water on the plant did bad things.

As discussed earlier, white is still throwing leaves in sets of threes, but as the plant matures, the leaf sets don't come out opposite each other, they're staggered along the main stem. They're still coming out in 3s, just staggered around the stem in 1/3 intervals.

Cheers

Set them in some water? Why? is this how u normally do ur cloning? How deep is the water? personally i soak the cube per instructions on the package. then stick my cuts in rooting hormone, place into hole in rockwool cube, and pinch the rockwool securely around the base of the stem so it doesn't lean much. Next I place the rockwool cube in a propagation tray with just enough water to barely cover the bottom. Too much water won't stop them from rooting (i don't believe it will) but can cause other complications. The water is stagnant and poorly oxygenated in a prop tray. so a couple times a day I tilt the tray back and forward, moving what little water is in it around so algae doesn't get a chance to grow. Last I place a humidity dome or a plastic covering over it to raise the humidity. Normally see roots in 7-14 days. This is taking cuts from a nute pumped mom w/out washing N out 1st. Hope this help u a little,

I've been using the foam rubber feeling stuff that I think is made from tree bark... little brown cubes. I used to use rockwool, but I'm trying the foam rubbery stuff. I coat the trimmed stem with rooting powder and poke it gently into the bottom of the foam rubbery plug. Then I place the plug into a bowl with some perlite in it and some water in the bottom. The water tends to evaportate fairly quickly in my heat, and I find about 1/2 in of water in the bottom of the bowl keeps the plugs nice and wet.

It seems to work pretty well for me. I check the water level daily and keep a bit in the bottom of the bowl. Covering the bowl with a plastic cover of course. I have one of the fancy plastic rooting trays, but it's kinda big and my closet's kinda small, so I use a soup bowl.

Cheers... and keep the input coming... luvin the tips!

Oasis Cubes?

I've been using the foam rubber feeling stuff that I think is made from tree bark... little brown cubes. I used to use rockwool, but I'm trying the foam rubbery stuff. I coat the trimmed stem with rooting powder and poke it gently into the bottom of the foam rubbery plug. Then I place the plug into a bowl with some perlite in it and some water in the bottom. The water tends to evaportate fairly quickly in my heat, and I find about 1/2 in of water in the bottom of the bowl keeps the plugs nice and wet.

It seems to work pretty well for me. I check the water level daily and keep a bit in the bottom of the bowl. Covering the bowl with a plastic cover of course. I have one of the fancy plastic rooting trays, but it's kinda big and my closet's kinda small, so I use a soup bowl.

Cheers... and keep the input coming... luvin the tips!

Sounds like an oasis cube. Brown, cylindrical shaped. Kinda feels like cork? Anyhow, I never cloned in perilte. I may wanna try it. When I do I may have to hit u up for advice. How's ur success rate been with that method? Do all of ur clones stick?

Most of my clones stick. Temps can be a slowing factor.
The brown stuff feels just like foam rubber... the kind you might find in your couch. It's apparently made of tree bark... but sure doesn't feel like it.

Marketing spew....
"Rapid Rooter Grow Plugs are a sponge like material, all natural soilless organic grow plugs made of composted tree bark and organic materials. These biodynamic plugs are perfect for seedlings or cuttings. Transplant plugs in soil or soilless hydrogardening applications. Grow Plugs are manufactured with a proprietary composting method and contains natural beneficial fungi from this advanced composting biotechnology. Seedlings and cuttings grown in Grow Plugs will be able to transplant days ahead of plants started in Jiffy 7, Rockwool, Oasis, or Pro Mix. Grow Plugs are biodegradable and 100% organic."

It's only my 2nd time using them... so I'm still "discovering" them. I'll take a photo or two and post the cloning process.

Cheers

Cork is really just thick tree bark off of some crazy tree as I recall. I think of cork as dryer and harder than the Rapid Rooter (found the label) plugs. These may be made from tree bark, but they really feel just like foam rubber... it's kinda wierd since they're made from tree bark.
I'm starting to appreciated them more than the rockwool cubes I was using. They don't loose their shape at all... no matter how much you fold, bend, or mutilate... they just bouce right back. They don't seem to develop algea on the surface as much as rockwool can.

Still giving them a test drive. The Rapid Rooter ones I'm using would be better if they were manufactured better. They're uneven and don't stand well on their own.

I noticed that Pit was using a different brand, but I think they're essentially the same. They're made from the same stuff.

Cheers

I realize this has nothing to do with the WW's, but I have to rant for a moment.

Freakin caterpillars! One of the little bastartds chomped on my diesel. It's in mid to late bloom. The critter bored a small hole right thru the bud into it's core and made a cacoon right in the main bud. It had even chewed thru the main stem of the bud. I had to chop off half the bud.

I'm somewhat less than impressed. I feel my Neem program probably would have screwed it up, but the damage was done before my insecticide program could attack it. I'm considering implementing some sort of topical/long-lasting insecticide.

Cheers

U got more plants down. Think natural predators. What are these caterpillar's natural, mortal enemies? Then try to get some. unless thery're lik blue jays or somethin, then I'd say put up a few nice sized bird feeders. They're chirp is annoying as hell. Wait a min y'all probably don't even have blue jays out there. Excuse me I'm high, bout 2 get highER. BRB. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom