White Widow & Northern Lights

Romulus

my grow was outdoors in coco/pearlite in 25 kg cloth tubs using ‘Green Planet’ nutes.

I had no PH gear for the first 6 weeks so the plants stunted, but they are finishing strong.

I don’t have a loupe to check trichromes, can anyone have a guess how much longer they will need.

We are into autumn/fall.

Should I trim the larger leaves? Thought I read that somewhere

A44BCB68-9A13-4C0A-8C7D-7D645754B637.jpeg
29A6DE1E-5E11-4184-A1B1-8C811CCC9DDE.jpeg
8C5CE65E-C5DC-4312-B0AB-58C435D272F0.jpeg

@Bill284, my portable scope hasn’t arrived yet and I can’t find my loupe.
How many weeks do you reckon are left.

4EDF5043-348D-4C44-BDD1-2F93C3CE1A67.jpeg

25379AA0-76DA-41DC-9815-D190B9821F7D.jpeg
I looked at the previous couple posts to get a better overview.
I can't find many pistols.
Very unique imo.
Never seen that before.
Also sorry I missed your question about fans.
Do not remove any leaves at all. :Namaste:
Can you get a couple pics from top and couple from middle buds aswell.
Showing pistols if possible.
We will get an idea of length of life. ;)
Looks great , nice and healthy.

Stay safe
Bill

I wondered where the pistils went too. The three photos are from the top down
D48F0686-F145-46D9-86B4-0BF5A9C28AF1.jpeg

C6D171DF-F1E6-4917-A203-B9459C5EF177.jpeg

D2DC0DA1-CF55-4E3C-BB06-ED1B7A0A0A98.jpeg
Good morning @Romulus Hope you are well.
Top to bottom look similar, so they are all same maturity level.
We just have to define that?
Without pistols we have to rely on other indicators.
Trics don't look mature and full yet , but some shots now would assist things.
Size can help calyxes and buds look full and mature so that helps with decision making.
I don't see the typical end of life nutrient consumption from the fan leaves.
But if you have been feed her well that might not occur so not a factor in the decision.
Judging by what I can see in pics so far she is a mature healthy lady nearing the end but exactly how close isn't jumping out at me, unfortunately.
Let's get a bunch of decent tric shots and we can reevaluate then.
But the most popular saying around here at harvest time is give her another week, so we aren't under a crunch no harm will be done by giving her more time.
I'm going to ask a second opinion on this and see if we can get a discussion going.
Hey @Rexer :ciao: If your not busy drooling over your latest harvest :rofl: , can you have a look at this lady and let me know what you think please?
She is about ready to harvest but I'm a little taken back by the missing pistols.
What do you think?
Ready ? 1-2 more weeks?
Thank you my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Romulus Hope you are well.
Top to bottom look similar, so they are all same maturity level.
We just have to define that?
Without pistols we have to rely on other indicators.
Trics don't look mature and full yet , but some shots now would assist things.
Size can help calyxes and buds look full and mature so that helps with decision making.
I don't see the typical end of life nutrient consumption from the fan leaves.
But if you have been feed her well that might not occur so not a factor in the decision.
Judging by what I can see in pics so far she is a mature healthy lady nearing the end but exactly how close isn't jumping out at me, unfortunately.
Let's get a bunch of decent tric shots and we can reevaluate then.
But the most popular saying around here at harvest time is give her another week, so we aren't under a crunch no harm will be done by giving her more time.
I'm going to ask a second opinion on this and see if we can get a discussion going.
Hey @Rexer :ciao: If your not busy drooling over your latest harvest :rofl: , can you have a look at this lady and let me know what you think please?
She is about ready to harvest but I'm a little taken back by the missing pistols.
What do you think?
Ready ? 1-2 more weeks?
Thank you my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
Morning Bill!

The pistils are there, they're inside the
swollen calyx. The plant is ripe from what I can see, just looking at the calyxes. I've seen and grew one like that, I had left it outside past when I should have chopped (for my preferences).

Soon as those trichs are how you want- chop asap. Wait too long, and I suspect she's start popping nanners (in a last ditch to reproduce).

Morning Bill!

The pistils are there, they're inside the
swollen calyx. The plant is ripe from what I can see, just looking at the calyxes. I've seen and grew one like that, I had left it outside past when I should have chopped (for my preferences).

Soon as those trichs are how you want- chop asap. Wait too long, and I suspect she's start popping nanners (in a last ditch to reproduce).
Thank you so much hehe, I knew where they where just not the color. :rofl: :rofl:
But seriously thanks.
So like Rex says @Romulus get some tric shots and we will decide from there.
Have a good day everyone.

Stay safe
Bill

Yes, very few visible stigmas, but they are there and brown. I've seen this on a bud of Big City Lights.

I agree with what others have said here. I grow outdoors in mold central – wet, warm, tropical climate – so I always think about harvesting early, when it's necessary to do that. I just harvested 6 plants recently, and they were getting hit aggressively by mold. I harvested 4 a bit early, and the buds were almost 100% mold free. 2 plants I harvested a few days after that, and there was some loss due to bud rot.

Back
Top Bottom