Help Please

Romulus

I live in rural Victoria Australia. I have decided to make my own oil. My medium is Coco/Perlite and I am using Green Planet Nutrients. The plants spend all day out in the sunlight. I have four plants, two white widow, a northern lights, and a Jack Herer. All auto flower, or feminised.

Three of the plants are growing well despite having a tinge of yellow and some spots on their leaves, whereas the Jack Herer is stunted and yellow in the centre.

I conducted a PH test on the soil and it is normal.
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

What's your watering and nute schedule? You're basically doing a Coco grow, not my strongest point, but you certainly have a deficiency of some kind. The other plant is starting to show it too. Are you adjusting your PH before you water? The soil PH is not nearly as important as the PH of your water/nute solution. You should be feeding (in Coco) every time you water, Coco cannot be allowed to go dry. When mixing nutes start with your Cal-mag, add to water, mix, wait 15-20 minutes, add your nutrients, mix, wait another 15 minutes, then adjust your nutes solution to a ph of about 5.8. That should help.

ditto what Phytoplankton sez…

Coco plus perlite is not soil…. that is called soil-less

both coco and perlite are inert, there is nothing in either product to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed nutrients mixed with water. Don’t give them plain water but rather feed them nutes plus water adjusted to 5.8 every time. Don’t allow them to dry out or try to run a wet dry cycle in coco….

I live in rural Victoria Australia. I have decided to make my own oil. My medium is Coco/Perlite and I am using Green Planet Nutrients. The plants spend all day out in the sunlight. I have four plants, two white widow, a northern lights, and a Jack Herer. All auto flower, or feminised.

Three of the plants are growing well despite having a tinge of yellow and some spots on their leaves, whereas the Jack Herer is stunted and yellow in the centre.

I conducted a PH test on the soil and it is normal.
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg
Good morning @Romulus Hope you are well my friend.
Sorry your having problems.
Where have you been since 2014?
Coco isn't very effective as an outdoor grow medium.
I did an entire outdoor in coco huge mistake.
I worked 6 hrs a day taking care of them.
Then everyone else inside.
So if you can't uppot into soil and are staying with coco here is what you have to do.
Water every day twice a day with full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph.
See I told you it's a lot of work.
You can't let coco dry at all.
Must be kept wet at all times.
And no plain water ever.
Always full strength at exactly 5.8 ph.
I'd start adding potassium silicate once a week.
Toughen them up a bit.
Can you meet those parameters?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Romulus, those plants look like they're struggling, starving, and unable to get out of first gear. I'm a soil person only so I have no idea of what do in coco/perlite, so best ignore me and listen to the good folk who do know about it. However, you mention you're in rural Victoria and your plants are growing in sunlight. If it was me this is what I'd do, I'd go look for some quality soil that has worms happily living in it, perhaps near a compost heap or old chook shed or similar, then scoop out some and mix in some perlite, then up pot your plants into it. I'd imagine with real soil and sunshine, that they'd soon be looking great, but just my 2 cents from my vantage point under the long white cloud. All the best.

Good morning @Romulus Hope you are well my friend.
Sorry your having problems.
Where have you been since 2014?
Coco isn't very effective as an outdoor grow medium.
I did an entire outdoor in coco huge mistake.
I worked 6 hrs a day taking care of them.
Then everyone else inside.
So if you can't uppot into soil and are staying with coco here is what you have to do.
Water every day twice a day with full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph.
See I told you it's a lot of work.
You can't let coco dry at all.
Must be kept wet at all times.
And no plain water ever.
Always full strength at exactly 5.8 ph.
I'd start adding potassium silicate once a week.
Toughen them up a bit.
Can you meet those parameters?

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill,

Nosey neighbours and getting raided by the police twice, the wife didn't appreciate it. hahahaha.

So we moved states and since I have been on prescribed oil, and two of our neighbours are on edibles, she doesn't care.

Coco was my first thought. I can do the 5.8 ph and water twice a day easily.
What do you recommend outdoors, although it's getting colder here, I might have to build a greenhouse after this lot.

I was told there is too much nitrogen in the soil, how can I rectify that?

Cheers

Hey Bill,

Nosey neighbours and getting raided by the police twice, the wife didn't appreciate it. hahahaha.

So we moved states and since I have been on prescribed oil, and two of our neighbours are on edibles, she doesn't care.

Coco was my first thought. I can do the 5.8 ph and water twice a day easily.
What do you recommend outdoors, although it's getting colder here, I might have to build a greenhouse after this lot.

I was told there is too much nitrogen in the soil, how can I rectify that?

Cheers
Good morning @Romulus I'm so sorry to hear of your issues.
Feken cops fek fek.
If you can put the time into the ladies , coco will grow you huge plants.
It's just that the work is problematic mostly.
Soil -F.F. if you can get it but a decent potting soil is always easiest to work with.
In cloth bags or in a hole you dug.
As you will be supplying nutrients its not vital to be pre loaded.
As far as too much N in the soil?
What soil are you referring too?

Stay safe
Bill

I use coco and perlite also, but they're part of my custom soil mixture. I use only high-quality coco, which means it doesn't contain a lot of sodium. Low-quality coco could be very bad for your plants.

My soil mixture is: compost soil, volcanic cinder (mostly black cinder), coco coir, perlite, fresh worm compost from our worm bins, and organic ferts from Down to Earth. The ferts: oyster shell powder, seabird guano, bat guano, dolomite, gypsum, greensand, potassium sulfate. I also add a little biochar if I have some. Of course, all of these in the right ratios.

good luck!

I am growing them in the cloth pots. As they are outdoors I have to be careful to move them under cover during rain.
An update, I finally got my PH test kit, I couldn't believe how high it was, if there was a scale above 7.5 that would be it.
Hopefully they will improve. Is there an additive I can give my plants to help them along the way, to get rid of the yellowing? Or should I just give it a few days with the right PH?

I am growing them in the cloth pots. As they are outdoors I have to be careful to move them under cover during rain.
An update, I finally got my PH test kit, I couldn't believe how high it was, if there was a scale above 7.5 that would be it.
Hopefully they will improve. Is there an additive I can give my plants to help them along the way, to get rid of the yellowing? Or should I just give it a few days with the right PH?
Well they are cheering up.

49E73E90-2EDF-43DF-A95D-AAF922FDD52D.jpeg

7BB9864B-061F-4D6E-8010-2A9F6006B5EB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom