Why are the tips of my leaves turning yellow?

DrBigP

Hi guys,

firstly DWC is not an easy task, as easy as it looks. It’s not. It’s hard you’re dealing with water and chemicals.

So this is what happened, i germinated the seed, all is good, 4 days later the roots shoot down into the res, sitting in the water while the air pump pushes bubbles up, all is good. 1 week later the 2nd pair of leaves emerge, I didn’t feed the baby. All is good, second week the first leaves at the bottom start yellowing at the tip and curl down slowly. So I upped the nutrients 3ml ghe flora gro, 3ml micro, 3ml bloom, that’s it in a 4gal. The next week on Saturday the next two leaves start doing the same thing so I upped the nutrients. What’s going on am I under feeding it? Ph is 5.5 ppm 400 all is good with ec.

I’ve never dealt with DWC, so I don’t even know how much these things eat. Seems like a lot of nutrients. What you think is happening? Please help

8460B6D3-90D5-430C-B84D-CE04690539A7.jpeg

25AD37CB-5AD8-49D8-BAD4-B55F458142C8.jpeg

4ECF9FB2-BA97-4BA6-9B0B-F1C1E7491C14.jpeg

Hi guys,

firstly DWC is not an easy task, as easy as it looks. It’s not. It’s hard you’re dealing with water and chemicals.

So this is what happened, i germinated the seed, all is good, 4 days later the roots shoot down into the res, sitting in the water while the air pump pushes bubbles up, all is good. 1 week later the 2nd pair of leaves emerge, I didn’t feed the baby. All is good, second week the first leaves at the bottom start yellowing at the tip and curl down slowly. So I upped the nutrients 3ml ghe flora gro, 3ml micro, 3ml bloom, that’s it in a 4gal. The next week on Saturday the next two leaves start doing the same thing so I upped the nutrients. What’s going on am I under feeding it? Ph is 5.5 ppm 400 all is good with ec.

I’ve never dealt with DWC, so I don’t even know how much these things eat. Seems like a lot of nutrients. What you think is happening? Please help

Hey @DrBigP Sorry your having issues my friend.
Mind if I ask a couple questions.
What is temp of your feed water?
Are you putting calmag in your mix first?

Stay safe
Bill

@Bill284 I’ll check the temps later, I believe it’s somewhere between 20 and 24 peaks at 25. As for the cal mag I mixed about 1 gram in and a tiny bit of Epsom salts. I definitely think it needs more nutrients, because last week I only gave it 3ml of gro bloom and micro plus 1 gram calmag and that’s in a 5g. What you reckon?

@Bill284 I’ll check the temps later, I believe it’s somewhere between 20 and 24 peaks at 25. As for the cal mag I mixed about 1 gram in and a tiny bit of Epsom salts. I definitely think it needs more nutrients, because last week I only gave it 3ml of gro bloom and micro plus 1 gram calmag and that’s in a 5g. What you reckon?
Your water temp is off.
@Rexer good morning my friend.
Can you give us a hand here please.
What is the correct nutrient temp for proper uptake?
Thanks.

Stay safe
Bill

Your water temp is off.
@Rexer good morning my friend.
Can you give us a hand here please.
What is the correct nutrient temp for proper uptake?
Thanks.

Stay safe
Bill
Hey thanks, yeah what’s the right temperature @Rexer <— cool name.

Hey thanks, yeah what’s the right temperature @Rexer <— cool name.
I want to say closer to 18c but that's my goal in coco .
I'm not a dwc expert but I saw your question waiting all morning so I thought I'd try and get the ball rolling.
I'm sure once you get your temps gown they will start eating.
Maby Rexer is out shoveling snow.
We got a couple feet in the last couple days.
But I'd plan on getting those temps down.

Stay safe
Bill

I'm not a dwc expert but I saw your question waiting all morning so I thought I'd try and get the ball rolling.

Stay safe
Bill
Member of the Year in the house. You are in good hands @DrBigP

NTH

Stay safe
Bill
Sounds fun to shovel snow ⛄️!
As soon as I get home I’ll take some temperature readings and see what temp the water is.

Hi guys,

Are you spraying your plants while the lights are on? You shouldn’t do that. Those droplets act as a magnifying glass and can burn your leaves.

It looks to me like the start of a Cal deficiency, maybe just underfed.

Here’s the feed schedule you need to follow according to GH…

EA144EF2-F970-42BF-8AFF-E5A193DBF764.jpeg

Are you spraying your plants while the lights are one? You shouldn’t do that. Those droplets act as a magnifying glass and can burn your leaves.

It looks to me like the start of a Cal deficiency, maybe just underfed.

Here the feed schedule you need to follow according to GH…

EA144EF2-F970-42BF-8AFF-E5A193DBF764.jpeg
Hey Adam what temp?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Bill, just got your tag.

18C - 20C is ideal root zone temps.

Below 17C can cause uptake issues.

Above 23ish nasties can form quickly.
20-25c makes me think that's the issue.
Let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Stay safe
Bill

@DrBigP

Just need to ask can you give us photos of the plants roots? Any brown on them?

The cal mag, what type is it? And what is its NPK?

Adam was spot on, follow the GH feed ratios when mixing, the ratios are important not to cause lockouts.

Mixing order of your nutrients are important.

Can you get access to Hydroguard? And Z7/Z9?

If not and you want to do a sterile run, you need food grade H202 (buy rubber gloves and goggles- it'll bleach you on contact).

But you need to decide on beneficial microbes/fungi or sterile. One or the other, doing neither is a clock ticking for trouble.

Temperature is important to control. The best way is with the use of a chiller- You can even make one, though unless you handy with tools I'd just buy one.

Here are the Charts for all 10 GH products.

Medium:
936E6C80-484C-40B4-AFF2-F7652B3E7B52.jpeg

Aggressive:
15A70FB2-2F6A-4CBF-A192-E6074AAC940B.jpeg

Okay I’m gonna try to revive this plant, I thank everyone for the info, and this will be my refer to guide for diagnosing DWC ISSUES.

However guys, I don’t know what I’ve gotten myself into, DWC is a headache. I’ll just go coco coir and hassle the gnats like I’m use to. I hate gnats really. I guess DWC is not my cup of tea, really it isn’t. Too much work.

I will put pictures up and show you Bruce but he’s in pain and drooping and the roots don’t look so good.@everyone

Okay I’m gonna try to revive this plant, I thank everyone for the info, and this will be my refer to guide for diagnosing DWC ISSUES.

However guys, I don’t know what I’ve gotten myself into, DWC is a headache. I’ll just go coco coir and hassle the gnats like I’m use to. I hate gnats really. I guess DWC is not my cup of tea, really it isn’t. Too much work.

I will put pictures up and show you Bruce but he’s in pain and drooping and the roots don’t look so good.@everyone
So sorry my friend.
I run coco so easy.
Put some insect frass in it.
I haven't gotten any gnats since I started using it.
Sorry about Bruce. :Namaste:
Hope she recovers.

Stay safe
Bill

So sorry my friend.
I run coco so easy.
Put some insect frass in it.
I haven't gotten any gnats since I started using it.
Sorry about Bruce. :Namaste:
Hope she recovers.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks.

The whole plants drooping, it’s looking sad man, stunned.

But I won’t give up. I’ll keep going.

Back
Top Bottom