why is this bucket working?

for sure skybound,they can be made from dollar store flip flops.

PVC (reminds me, need cement and primer)
no pvs glue or primer,you need to be able to tear this down and clean it

And it must be cleaned between rounds,I tried this with the same shitty water and it did not work,there was some bacteria in the nozzels

cleaning is a must

AHa! Very useful tips, mates!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure normal bleach can be used to clean the pipes and bucket and everything else, right?

When running my 3L bottle DWC, I did notice that it needed regular cleaning, else roots got nasty. Tiny amount of peroxide helped the roots, but bleach cleaned out the reservoir perfectly, once plant set up elsehwere.

I just use tap water as my city chlorinates the F#$% out of our water. Anything mild that will easily rinse away, yet still kill microbes and bacteria is fine. If you use bleach, I'd do an extra rinse or two rather than find out the hard way that the plumbing/container wasn't rinsed good enough.

Hey goo, you can pick up a general one stage water filter to clean most of that nonsense out. It'll even reduce the PPM and possibly chlorine/chloramines. Don't know your location, but if you're in the states, you can get one from either of the large home improvement centers for about $30 and replacement filters for half that.

got my city water report,man those guys are slow as molasses

Source of sample

Temperature (° F)
(SiO2) Silica 17
(Fe) Iron 0.60
(Mn) Manganese 0.113
(Ca) Calcium 91
(Mg) Magnesium 21
(Na + K) Sodium and 32
potassium 356 22 314
(HCO3) Bicarbonate 74
(SO4) Sulfate 9.0
(Cl) Chloride 0.4
(F) Fluoride 1.0
(NO3) Nitrate 420

Dissolved Solids 292 (Residue at 180°C)

Hardness as CaCO3 Carbonate 22

Non- Carbonate Total 314

this is my avg,I can see why it works now.the nitrate @ 420 makes me lol.Water is not great to drink,but it is the ticket for cuttings.

image15206.jpg

View image in gallery
I've used the aero clones method since day one.. On that note that in summer temps get little higher I ran into that problem I found if I put it on the direct cement it cooled down or the best way put on a 15 min timer an allow the pump to be off for 15 mins a hour or even if need 15min on 15 min off

Thanks for the great information, I am going to build one as soon as I can, I have been using clones in a fish tank with glass jars over them to grow rots, it works but takes way to long to root

Back
Top Bottom