Windgrow's Omaruru 2010

Windgrow

hey guys, first time in this game. Im from Windhoek, Namibia.

What strain is it? no idea. just pulled seeds from a QP and planted them
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ??????????
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... 2 days
Outdoor
Soil
Soil Mix: now: 30% sand, 30% palm peat, 10% cut grass
Pot size: now: 1) 2 cup pot 1) 1 gal pot
PH: still working on this
NO pests so far
Watering: the pots have a resivoir tray, i try to keep them full of water
Type and strength of ferts used? Kelpak seaweed concentrate(natural auxins 2.2mg/L, Cytotkinins .0062mg/L) "an organic seaweed concentrate and plant growth stimulant which can increase the number of flowers and rot and shoot masses of flowering"

-so me and a few others purchased a decent amount of plant to which we got roughly 20 handfuls of seeds. initially i tried the wet paper towel to get seeds for about 2 weeks, to which nothing happened.

- then i took about 5 handfuls of seeds, opened a hole and thre them in, watering everyday which still hasnt done a thing.

-so i went to the only hardware/camping store in 2.5 hours and grabbed the kelpack and a brick of palm peat. i then mixed in some cow dung and some native sand soil and put about 2 handfuls of seeds in a 2 cup pot, watering every day on my window sil. this produced roughly 20 lil guys in about 5-7 days.

-yesterday i noticed about 5 sprouts on top of the soil. i got curious, and created the gallon pot without the cow dung and put grass that had been cut for about a week( it was bleached) in its place to prevent the soil binding.(we only get 250-350 ml of water a year here) as i dug i found roughly 20 small plants. as i dont have a car to go into town, im just biding my time with them in the gallon pot until i can get more pots and correct ferts(if needed). eventually, im goin to mix the native sand soil with peat, and rhino/elephant dung(i live on a game reserve). i also plan to put plastic in the wholes to prevent the water form leaching out of the soil.

any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Omaruru Seeds 2010

-WG

These pics take the place of the link in the previous post:

Day 2 pics
[Small fries
day2_2c_pot.jpg

The best sprout this day
day2_1g_pot.jpg

Day 4 pics

day4_1g_pot_1.jpg

Heathy youngsters plus a few still developing
day4_1g_pot_2.jpg

More seeds sprouting by the day!
day4_2c_pot_.jpg

Wow! This is going to be fascinating! I have more water than seeds at the mo, and no rhino poo to speak of, so it will be fun to watch you and your pals deal.
The dung - has it aged? or is it still hot? Mix it finely as a seedling's root could fry when it hits hot spots. You may notice the first leaves twisting or getting dead spots - this will happen until the plant puts out enough roots to find the preferred mix of soil and nutes.
I wish you all the most fantastic good fortune!

haha, i havent gotten the rhino poo yet. i may go to town and get some peat soil. otherwise tom when i gor acking( lions) im taking a bag for the poo. i think i may also add antelope, giraffe, zebra, warthog into it, just depends on what i can find. alot of the animals on the reserve are water independant so they extract alot of the nutes from the grass/leaves before pooping, so its more just to keep the soil from binding.

also thanks for the idea about the water bottle, ive notice in the northern end of Kruger park, that the dry soil around will suck the water like a syphon. (this was tested with a birdbath that was trying to look natural), but i like your style, haha.

i plan to put these guys in soil in the next 2-4 days, granted i can get all the shit(no pun intended) i need, lol

Day 6

- when i looked yesterday afternoon, i noticed 2 had browning leaves. after a lil research on here, i saw you're not to feed until 2 weeks, which i was feeding everyday, full strength, using the seaweed mix....after seeing this, i flushed soil with about 3 litres of water, left drain, then put the tray back under at night.

- i made it to town yesterday only to fond the bags i thought were soil were instead fertilizer for corn...back to the poop.

- i also picked up Seagrow fish emulsion: N-53g/kg P-7g/kg K-17g/kg Ca-.5g/kg Mg-1.5g/kg Mn-2mg/kg Fe-170mg/kg Cu-1mg/kg Zn-37mg/kg B-17mg/kg.

More lil' guys!
day6_2c_pot_2.jpg

day6_2c_pot_1.jpg

Look at 'em getting bigger!
day6_1g_pot_1.jpg

day6_1g_pot_2.jpg

WTF?
day6_1g_pot_4.jpg

day6_1g_pot_3.jpg

Wind....good to have you! I have been to Windhoek (and Swakcopmund) so I definitely know what you mean by "not much rain." You will have a challenge in that arid environment for an outdoor grow. When you can try to flush those babies with plain water and def don't fertilize anymore until they have say three to five sets of leaves. At this early age they are very tender. Looking forward to watching your grow....welcome.

ok, day 12. got the 1st hole dug, was a bit rough seeing how we live at the bottom of a mountain. positioned hole so it catches all western sun possible. deicded to go with a plastic bag underneath to hold the water. its only 1-2 mils, so it may deteriorate eventually when the roots get that big. hole is roughly 3 ft in Dia. and about 12 in deep.

been busy and havent checked/watered for 3 days, though its rained everynight since last update.

today i mixed some fish emulsion, kudu dung, and bat poop together and applied.

also just need to transport the elephant dung back to my house before i start to plant.

Day12_1g_pot_1.jpg

Day12_1g_pot_2.jpg

I cropped the ends of the leaves as they were nute burned
Day12_1g_pot_3.jpg

Day12_1g_pot_4.jpg

Day12_1g_pot_5.jpg

Had to stake the 2 biggies as they fell over
Day12_1g_pot_6.jpg

and the hole
1st_hole_1.jpg

1st_hole_2.jpg

1st_hole_3.jpg

Put the gals in the hole yesterday. mixed the ellie poop/soil 60/40. when moved i kept a bit of the pot soil around the roots.

i notied after i took the pics the leaves covered by the dirt, so i removed them and rinsed them.

Day_14_11.jpg

Day_14_2.jpg

Day_14_3.jpg

Day_14_4.jpg

Day_14_5.jpg

Day_14_6.jpg

Day_14_7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom