XiwsX561's 1st Sour Diesel & Mango Kush Mini-SOG Grow Journal 2020

Not my best nugs but quality wise im pretty impressed this sog is goin to be bomb check @Bill284 thanks always PW

Screenshot_20201231-144511_Gallery.jpg
I’d call that 5 star. BEAUTIFUL.

Week #5 Day #29

Been a few days since last post but I do have pictures from last week. I have to say this is by far the most fun style of growing I've ever done. Plus its super simple.

So from last week to this week since they are in 1gal fabric pots figure all if not a majority of them have about maximized their roots, although won't get root bound. So I went to a once a day water up until mid or late week 3 to twice a day, because they are drying up quicker as they don't have much space for the coco to hold as well as we are now in lower humidity. If you follow VPD im at 1.22-1.32 kPa. I'm now at 3 watering starting today as I enter week 5.

Now I haven't had to defol but 3-4 fan leaves since day 15. VPD along with co2, im watering/feeding at 1.8s 1.86 today EC to be exact. Only half that had issues are the only ones behind the worst one only being off by .04 EC roughly translates to 25ppm? And those are the 3 0 day veg for obvious reasons they aren't at same canopy height and just not as large and well rooted as the others. The one the clippings came from which due to it was in the last tent and had under gone the 72 hrs of darkness, and the 2 that I had removed probably all the fan leaves thinking I saw ones coming in just sugar leaves. 2 or 3 leaves makes a ton of difference.

I started some late LST as I don't want to stunt any growth. Results night and day and can't wait til the end of this week. One of the 0 day veg opened up nicely, so figured she needed a booster chair and put her on an empty pot bringing her closer to the top of the canopy. The one from the red solo shot glass is only going to really have one cola and vertical growth I bent the whole stalk over ...... I didn't get to finish but here are some pics.

And I thought this was salt on the funny looking one and yes I liked it and didn't move dissolve or have a taste so I grabbed my loupe.

Deficiency? I don't think so wind or heat? I don't have any clawing or canoeing.

I edited that and didn't save to retype so here's some pics. But the retarded ones. Trichomes some are normal mushrooms some grew together and more blocks and some look like sugar guess that is why they are called sugar leaves, because the plant pulls sugar and carbs from fans and roots.

Screenshot_20210106-091403_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091412_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091501_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-090229_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-090737_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091620_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091647_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-103004_Gallery.jpg

I edited that and didn't save to retype so here's some pics. But the retarded ones. Trichomes some are normal mushrooms some grew together and more blocks and some look like sugar guess that is why they are called sugar leaves, because the plant pulls sugar and carbs from fans and roots.

Screenshot_20210106-091403_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091412_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091501_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-090229_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-090737_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091620_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-091647_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-103004_Gallery.jpg
Looks great.

Think ima chop the one as the 72 hrs of darkness like restarted her flower so she's 2 weeks behind and 1st I wanna use the tent to dry in as I can get it down to 60 and I could use the space other wise put the other tray in 24x48 ID vs current 24x44 and it doesn't specify id or od so id have to measure it, stands definitely made for a 2x4 and it has plenty of space only other option is put her in 4x2 for the 2 weeks they hang dry and or put her back or reveg save for clippings and she can ride with me shot gun , lol better have some good tints. But I forgot to show the issue. Keep in mind its been off the plant for a while now

Screenshot_20210106-104825_Gallery.jpg

Week #5 Day #35 WD #7

so its been a few days sorry , dealing with those health issues. So come to conclusion it was a mix of several things 1 i believe i fixed before every showed but i believe it did show in over growth. Typically im in a 5 gal bucket at around 15 inches tall, topped plants so much wider shorter plants and i blast the LED full power. All was good i was pushing EC and i cut the extra calmag since its in the base of KIND line by botanicare. Of course signs early only mid week 5 an important week as your plants should start packing on weight. First was some brown spots , calcium deficiency. then some leaf fringing, well because even though the initial stretch has finished your colas and buds will continue one was about 12inches from an LED meant to replace a single ended hps. I wanted the leg reduction kit but i cant get from any where fast enough everything is 1-2 weeks before even ships. So i turned them down quite a bit until i was able to get in there and figure out a better way to hang the lamp, since they were already pulled up as far as them to thier max height, i wasnt able to to get them in a much better canopy distance, well in my case colas. I also reintroduced camag to their watering. i was pushing them to find their cap being im also running co2 they sat nicely at 1.9 EC in dwc, right 2.07 is when my run off started to go from underfed i believe insome cases run off was .2 EC lower which in dwc i would like to typically see along with a ph upswing .

Doing some research especially since this is my 1st coco run i didnt know what ph or ec my run off should be , what makes that simple is doesnt matter its the water goin in that does. But as long as your run off is no higher then 200 or .2 ec your okay .3 needs monitoring . found a run off chart from the website locoforcoco.com i believe ill post a picture of it. Anyways once i spiked that .2 basically your about to be nute lock so i have dialed it down . Im at a difference of the highest plants run off being at .09 so im content. what i did learn some where else theirs a circle created by a dr Msomething talking about synergy where you need calcium to help uptake your phosphor. chart is super advanced but that part i gathered so alot of 2ndary minerals will help and or hinder the up take of your main 3 NPK. Plus you want to finish with alomost zero N near the end of your plants life cycle, So i completely removed my base by bontanice since all it is N, and CI or calcium and up'd my calmag 2 5 ml/ gal part for the plant and other the medium coco. i still get Nitrogen from 3 supplements. Botanicares pure blend tea, i dont make my own yet, floralicious by GH actually quite high but the minerals are all derived from natural things vs ammonium nitrate. Think ill still reduced that by half going into week 6, going into week six i am goin to start lowering EC even more. Im a bit worried the buds look small but that havent really hit that explosion they did when i did the EC drop in the dwc since these were small to start with a 0-18 day root n flip.

So over week 6 ill bring EC down from 1.45 to 1.0 so medium should still be about 1.2 and weeks 7 and 8 ill begin to flush during fist few days of weeks 7 ill ph the water after that staight RO , in my ideology ph up and down are both derivatives of PK. As well over next weeks try and reduce any nitrogen. If anyone with facts or better timelines using this plz let me know.

Heres the chart , pics tom and i keep saying why arent they bigger i gotta remember they didnt veg 60 days like my usual but they are alrdy bigger then last run just hope they finish strong dense and smooth.

Run Off Guide.jpg

Week #7 Day #45 WD#3

Wow so its been almost 2 weeks since I've posted. What I've done since is removed the mother that I believe got a reset and the 3 novelty 0 day veg and put them Into my 4x2. I was thinking when it came time for darkness again the mother wouldn't be finished but duh its dark don't need to worry about them fitting on the table can stick them on the floor somewhere that is if she needs the extra week or 2.

Now I did turn my lamp down dimmed it a bit which is a first I have 1-2 lady's with leaf fringing i don't actually thing its from light burn but probably wind/dry heat. A she's closest to the fan and B i have a whole house dehumidifier inside the 5x5 and lol even from ok m with in the tent I think first time my house has ever got the humidity down past 60% . And rather then having the 12 inch table top oscillating fan blow the heat out of the corner and across the table for air circulation figured plants had enough and turned it to go across / behind the ac but still turning and it shoots over to 16 inch oscillating stand fan which blows across the table and then still have the little 6 inch clip on attached to the tray blowing down the under canopy/rootzone long ways.

Anyways I know you want to see them, haven't figured out how to use pro mode on phone camera or find a filter for LEDs. First ill show the 3 novelty ones the mom that restarted the table some colas and then who spilled sugar on my buds?

I keep thinking dang they are going to finish super early, as the pistils start to turn from white to orange but then over night it's like they hit 2nd gear and another blossom then few days go by they darken but just getting into mid of week 7 they hit 3rd gear and another explosion of white pistils. Hope u like @Bill284

Can some tell me is the the geno or what makes some buds more leafy and the some more like stacked calyx?

Screenshot_20210121-233739_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233752_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233937_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233439_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233517_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233637_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233433_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-233345_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-090203_Gallery.jpg

Week #7 Day #45 WD#3

Wow so its been almost 2 weeks since I've posted. What I've done since is removed the mother that I believe got a reset and the 3 novelty 0 day veg and put them Into my 4x2. I was thinking when it came time for darkness again the mother wouldn't be finished but duh its dark don't need to worry about them fitting on the table can stick them on the floor somewhere that is if she needs the extra week or 2.

Now I did turn my lamp down dimmed it a bit which is a first I have 1-2 lady's with leaf fringing i don't actually thing its from light burn but probably wind/dry heat. A she's closest to the fan and B i have a whole house dehumidifier inside the 5x5 and lol even from ok m with in the tent I think first time my house has ever got the humidity down past 60% . And rather then having the 12 inch table top oscillating fan blow the heat out of the corner and across the table for air circulation figured plants had enough and turned it to go across / behind the ac but still turning and it shoots over to 16 inch oscillating stand fan which blows across the table and then still have the little 6 inch clip on attached to the tray blowing down the under canopy/rootzone long ways.

Anyways I know you want to see them, haven't figured out how to use pro mode on phone camera or find a filter for LEDs. First ill show the 3 novelty ones the mom that restarted the table some colas and then who spilled sugar on my buds?

I keep thinking dang they are going to finish super early, as the pistils start to turn from white to orange but then over night it's like they hit 2nd gear and another blossom then few days go by they darken but just getting into mid of week 7 they hit 3rd gear and another explosion of white pistils. Hope u like @Bill284

Can some tell me is the the geno or what makes some buds more leafy and the some more like stacked calyx?

Freeken Beautiful :thumb:

Week #7 Day #45 WD#3

Girls are looking great. You must be swamped. Hope everything going well :thumb:

Week #8 Day #51 WD#2

Na @Bill284 not so bad, not up normal peoples time with wife trimming thats done and since in 1 gal pots they flushed rather quickly just started like 2-3 days ago and EC is already down to .12 or less so under 100ppm still watering 2wice daily, probably could get away with going back to 1/day. Just low temps/humidity The don't ever dry out but they do loose alot or water so I will for a few more.
@Kismet hey long time, yea there's 2 different tents the and everyone has an opinion so I wasn't sure read that after 3rd bloom kinda up to u or like u said when they come to a haul so they have seemed to slow and curl showing actual buds 1st time in coco and a friend in cali says he flushes for 21 days but in sure they will pull what they need from fans they are just now starting to lighten up so I would guess I'm in ripening. I'd say 80/90% milky rest still clear. They will continue continue without feed correct thats just when to harvest?

When they all were In 1 tent I tried some par blubs or IR bulbs like few mins before and into lights on and few mins on while lights on few after off. Read its good to finish with10k Kelvin bulbs was goin to attempt but didn't care to order something I was uncertain of and Walmart only had 5k. These are just in socket and cord supplemental in addition to my high the one with really light hairs was the one I posted a few pages back that was cloned and vegged in a shot glass. 3 little novelty girls I call them. Shot glass, Timmeh from south park weird feno 1-3 pronged fans and leaf spiral. Assume it was retardation from power strip light leak . And seems they are basically going to finish a week early due to the IR bulbs which I read would happen from a few days to little over a week. But every cola looks like someone dumped a teaspoon of sugar on them hope they continue turning get the last bit milky and some amber.

Now I just wait until final trichromes turn and I hope / believe they do during ripening. Just hope because small pots it didn't flush too quickly. But they are hard as rocks probably the frostiest I've ever had this geno. I did cut lamps back a bit to allow for cooler temps but they look my best better then last after correcting some things I should have done to mothers.

This is what they looked like yesterday once u get to the small ones they could never get as close to lamp as the 6 18 day vegged reason I moved but I read ripening happens rather slow so I'll just continue to flush until end of week 8 72 hrs dark and then harvest under normal lights as all carbs n stuff went to rhizosphere during night/dark. Hoping bc small pots i didn't flush too quickly and like I said if I did stop feed early hoping they should have enough in fans to finish. So hoping to have 1o% amber by end of week that way after low n slow they should be 80/20.

I just read somewhere should wait until 70% amber never heard that. These 1st pics are ones under bigger lamp and with the ir supplement bulbs. Once u see smaller that's in different tent. I believe I'll be ok. I don't have filter for LED on phone and not a photographer so don't know what to adjust under pro. Did some macros under basic settings

Screenshot_20210128-032759_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-032935_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033116_Photo Editor.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033126_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033146_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033156_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033233_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033319_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033329_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-033345_Gallery.jpg

Week #8 Day #54 WD#5 can really see them use up the nutrients colors are beautiful with some purpling and the 2 that I had accidentally confused large sugar leaf for incoming fan and it definitely showed in how much less they ate, this don't have the pretty color nor as much trichrome production.

Screenshot_20210131-015300_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-015306_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-015312_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-015320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-015326_Gallery.jpg

Week#8 Day#54 WD#5

So at the end of this light cycle I've done flushed for little over a week and EC run since using 1gal fabric flushed pretty quick I probably would have started flush a little earlier even tho easily got ppms down I would have liked more of the fan leaves to diminish. But trichromes were telling me its time at about 20% amber 75% milky and 5% clear. And this is just a guesstimate. But even after harvest some will continue to turn into CBN. Plus MK already being indica dominant i didn't want to really go passed 20 % but figured with 48 hours of darkness cold temps 61 degrees 45%rh hoping that slows it down enough to make sure not much more turn amber hoping that if last 5 percent will turn milky during darkness that possibly same exchange rate will end with 25% amber then by end of drying low n slow possibly another 5% final ratio of 70/30.
Since I don't have a dim controller this crop and last I had under just 2 IR PAR bulbs not sure if distance is correct civerage or anything really just had one on each end and cambered in and one company suggested only doin for 3 mins right before lights off. But u hear of plenty of lamps now having IR full time so I did like a short sunrise/sunset. They say can cause plant to possibly finish anywhere from 2-3 days to over a week faster. So I believe I mentioned actual times somewhere earlier. But within the 12 hr lights I had them turn on I believe 3 mins prior to main lamp and stayed on for additional 4 mins with lamp on. Think off was 2 mins lights on and 5 mins lamp off. They say it may cause unwanted stretching. I didn't notice much more growth, plenty of blooms I did turn main lamp down a bit last n final week. So I've read different things from different people 8 week geno soil start flush end of week 6 coco end week 7 dwc or complete hydro just a few days. But then I've read of people. Going 8 weeks and flushing at the end of week 8 again 2 or 3 for soil 1 coco and fww hydro. But the PAR bulbs did seem to cut a few days i believe with out them typically i woukd go 8. And was told flush isn't necessary in hydro. It isn't needed there's no medium to hold nutrients but still need to cut food and allow the plant to use up stored sugars. Which takes longer then a a few days. If mt trichromes weren't as amber as they were I would have liked to go until fans were or closed to completely used up all yellow or yellow with little green. Well the top fans were a beautiful golden yellow some with a bit of green had one actually started purpling but from the cold had the rest resulting in some beautiful orange into pinkish purple into yellow like sunsets. Can't wait to do an actual purple geno or red.

We are now on day 56 right on with the breeders/banks recommended flowering time. Ill be able to take a few pics before harvest in natural light In just a a few hours may let them go 60 hrs just have deadline to meet before taking a trip other wise and if it weren't for trichs would have let the leaves die off more and use the rest of the stored energy. Hopefully can find a nice back drop and take some nice pics bud/pic/plant of the month woukd be an awesome way to finish.

Week #8 Day #56 WD #7

In about 4-13 hrs will be harvesting couple more shorter vegged plants different medium and grow style foot print smaller only shorter by 4 inches before 2x4 this tray is 24inX44in rather then 48. Curious to see what novelty grows yield all 0 days veg from solo to one gal and flip one again was in a shot glass up until flip now that one the hairs were saying I need more time but trichs were ready. Kinda have to decide after 3 bloom to continue or start the beginning to their end. The shot glass is basically single cola even those stacked with chunkers from top to bottom and considering how dense they are im think the yield maybe surprising. We shall see

So not a photographer but ima still try an enter a pic into contest. Nor did I find a cool back drop guess I could upload to computer and try my hand at some editing that I haven't done in years but I'm lazy after all that work.

Remember the 3 novelty girls 1 shot glass 1 0day veg and one 0 day veg but retarded pheno all same geno and all besides the one that was in 72 hrs of dark are 2nd gen clones from 1 of 2 beans , no issues with 2nd gen but this one has similar traits of revg. Curling sugar only leaves a couple tho. Fans only having 1-3 and one fan had 5 prongs. During flush it didn't turn colors like the rest, that of fall yellowing to to an redish pink orange fade. Theses fans where purpling. Not sure if showing traits of original genetics which all I can find was mango by kc brains and kindu kush. Can't wait to see yield of micro

Screenshot_20210205-211854_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-211907_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-212000_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-215028_Gallery.jpg

So not a photographer but ima still try an enter a pic into contest. Nor did I find a cool back drop guess I could upload to computer and try my hand at some editing that I haven't done in years but I'm lazy after all that work.

Remember the 3 novelty girls 1 shot glass 1 0day veg and one 0 day veg but retarded pheno all same geno and all besides the one that was in 72 hrs of dark are 2nd gen clones from 1 of 2 beans , no issues with 2nd gen but this one has similar traits of revg. Curling sugar only leaves a couple tho. Fans only having 1-3 and one fan had 5 prongs. During flush it didn't turn colors like the rest, that of fall yellowing to to an redish pink orange fade. Theses fans where purpling. Not sure if showing traits of original genetics which all I can find was mango by kc brains and kindu kush. Can't wait to see yield of micro

Screenshot_20210205-211854_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-211907_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-212000_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-215028_Gallery.jpg
Looking good my friend. How are things going. :thumb:

Hectic stupid neighbor called code enforcement on our neighbors because they would have parties every weekend, they are Mexican so live mariachi bands and stuff. Well when they come they don't look at one house they look at whole street. So back fired on her and she got a ton of violations. Comes over and asked did we get a letter. We said no she goes oh u will. That was almost a year ago. Well she made sure we did I had to give all my chickens away. There's 2 other farms on the street 10x the size and mix of livestock then I have. Plus I have to tear down their coups. I've had for over 4 years they were pets. Turkeys too at one point. Come to find out living here almost 8 years our shed that came with house isn't permitted. So we weren't written up on that but if she were to call again could potentially get fined 1k a day after feb 15th if I don't have it all taken care of. But I plan on leaving soon

Back
Top Bottom