Yellow leaves - is it calmag deficiency?

empath

Hi guys,

I lost track of which month shes on cuz they got stunned when they were seedling but flourished and healed pretty quick so I stopped counting the which week, they are in veg state still. Furthermore I'm using these ferts/perlite and nutis as per picture attached the only problem is the top leaves started to turn yellowy as you can see I tried to source calmag nutis locally but unfortunantly its not avaliable at all so maybe u can guys can guide me more of its a calmag def and if it is are there alternative ways to provide these nutis naturally for my indoor tent ? I'm using Mars hydro fc3000 please help !

20231104_210054.jpg

20231104_210046.jpg

20231104_213457.jpg

20231104_213516.jpg

it's hungry period, but you are definitely gonna need some calmag with it. try feeding it more nute per L if you can't get anything else.

i would source proper cannabis nutes and calmag if possible. for now you can mix in some epsom salt for the mag if it's difficult to source better alternates.

HI thanks for the reply i tho this npk is sufficient for her veg stage as per my research ! Although I do have macros for flowering only like cha ching beastie bloomz and open sesame..I doubt that we have Epsom Salt ill try to source some sigh thanks
it's hungry period, but you are definitely gonna need some calmag with it. try feeding it more nute per L if you can't get anything else.

i would source proper cannabis nutes and calmag if possible. for now you can mix in some epsom salt for the mag if it's difficult to source better alternates.

HI thanks for the reply i tho this npk is sufficient for her veg stage as per my research ! Although I do have macros for flowering only like cha ching beastie bloomz and open sesame..I doubt that we have Epsom Salt ill try to source some sigh thanks

if you can source those see if you can get some cannabis specific nutes and proper calmag.

that nute is close to complete at 2:1:1, though most single source cannabis nutes will be closer to 2:1:3. it'll probably need both cal mag and maybe a little booster in flower.

i use something a bit similar, and i have to amend it a little for a smooth flower stage. my nutes are closer to the 2:1:3, but still not the best either. i custom my nute mix a touch like most growers.

edit : you're a bit hungry over all. so i'd just up the nute per L a touch to start and see where it goes. just don't throw hammers at them.

Updates : Hi guys my gsc isnt getting any better i stopped feeding them i tho it wqs magnisum defc but i think its zinc def or maybe nute burn ? Yellowing started from top new leaves .. the ph is balanced urgh not sure what to do plz help!
20231114_230529.jpg

you're starving it to death. have you been feeding it anything ? what have you got for nutes ? you actually have to feed these things.

so far i haven't seen you post anything about having simple basic nutes. bottom line is get a decent set of basic cannabis nutes.

you're starving it to death. have you been feeding it anything ? what have you got for nutes ? you actually have to feed these things.

so far i haven't seen you post anything about having simple basic nutes. bottom line is get a decent set of basic cannabis nutes.
Hi iam using npk listed above isnt that enough ? I also have micros for flowering stage but not yet to be used am i missing something here ? I also tried epsom salt into the mix. As far as i know no need for micros until the flowering stage and only npk is suffice for veg state ?!

Hi iam using npk listed above isnt that enough ? I also have micros for flowering stage but not yet to be used am i missing something here ?

you need basic nutes. i dunno what's in that media mix and garden nute but the plants have clearly eaten past it ages ago. the rest of the stuff you have won't come close to cutting it.

I also tried epsom salt into the mix. As far as i know no need for micros until the flowering stage and only npk is suffice for veg state ?!

drop that garden feed and get some basic cannabis nutes. what you have isn't working at all. the plant is starving to death.

you need basic nutes. i dunno what's in that media mix and garden nute but the plants have clearly eaten past it ages ago. the rest of the stuff you have won't come close to cutting it.

drop that garden feed and get some basic cannabis nutes. what you have isn't working at all. the plant is starving to death.
We dont have cannabis food in my country and i need an urgent sokution to my issue please .. all websites were talking about nok and micro nutis for cannabis ! What am i missing here inadded epsom salt as alternative to mag need to figure out cal tho.. are u sure its not calmag defc ? Or nutis burn ? Cuz they give similar symptoms as per my research ...

We dont have cannabis food in my country and i need an urgent sokution to my issue please

can you possibly order through amazon or order anything off the internet ?

in the meantime, you might be able to get by on some tomato nutes. calmag will be an issue using led as well. you'll need a source for that.

the trouble is deeper than calmag alone but having it would definitely help some.

can you possibly order through amazon or order anything off the internet ?

in the meantime, you might be able to get by on some tomato nutes. calmag will be an issue using led as well. you'll need a source for that.

the trouble is deeper than calmag alone but having it would definitely help some.
Im sure i can order through amazon as long as its not labled for cannabis sigh..so again what can order thats not lablex for cannabis what am i missing? Also whats Led ?
I can source tomato food locally but shall i say tomato food or nutis ? Cuz im sure they will give me npk etc..

Hi guys my gsc isnt getting any better i stopped feeding them i tho it wqs magnisum defc but i think its zinc def or maybe nute burn ? Yellowing started from top new leaves .. the ph is balanced urgh not sure what to do plz help!
The plant is slowly starving.

Your Blumenerde is German for potting soil and from what I can find when looking it up this potting mix contains compost. The photos show what looks like Perlite, and the EU no longer allows the mining of peat moss from bogs so there probably is Coco Coir instead. At the moment I do not think that the potting soil is a major problem.

You tell us that the pH is balanced but what is the actual pH of the water. If you do not know then mention it and someone might be able to help work around not knowing the actual number.

Very good chance it is the fertilizer. Tell us what ratio you are mixing the fertilizer; how many grams of fertilizer to how many liters of water.

Start looking for the source of the poor growth and the sick looking leaves by looking for problems with the Macro nutrients first and then start looking at secondary and micro nutrients like the magnesium, zinc or calcium. Eliminate the major as being a problem and work down to the minor.

My thoughts are that your plants had a small problem with not enough Nitrogen and a shortage of Potassium when you first started the discussion. Then looking at the photo you posted in message #5 it seems that all the problems are accelerating fast; it has only been 11 days or so and look how fast the plant is turning yellow. It is possible that too much Nitrogen has prevented the plant from being able to absorb and use the Potassium based the Mulder's Chart. Some call that a lock-out.

We dont have cannabis food in my country and i need an urgent sokution to my issue please .. all websites were talking about nok and micro nutis for cannabis
I believe you are in Germany. I found an older thread posted by a grower looking for supplies and the recommendation was to check the shops in Berlin.

I am thinking that the best thing is to go to all the gardening shops you can and it should fall into place. Probably best to look in larger cities to start, especially the one with more liberal attitudes.

Im sure i can order through amazon as long as its not labled for cannabis sigh..so again what can order thats not lablex for cannabis what am i missing? Also whats Led ?
It will not be labeled for Cannabis. With some basic research you will start to recognize the ratios of Nitrogen to Phosphorous to Potassium as being what you want. You will get used to reading the ingredients that the fertilizer was made from and knowing what the fertilizer will be good for.

I can source tomato food locally but shall i say tomato food or nutis ? Cuz im sure they will give me npk etc..
People here use the word "nutes" which is not a real word nor will it be found in any English dictionary. It is something they made up so they did not have to type Nutrients. Just tell the shop you are looking for fertilizers with certain ratios and made from quality ingredients. Start with asking for a quality tomato fertilizer.

But, first off, tell us the pH of the water. Oh, and it will help if you can tell us how often you water with the fertilizer mixed in.

Good luck.

i pretty well agree with @SmokingWings assessment.

Im sure i can order through amazon as long as its not labled for cannabis sigh..so again what can order thats not lablex for cannabis what am i missing?

you can request stealth shipping if you like for most products. cannabis nutrients usually don't attract much attention. the larger problem is usually just sourcing a decent line of nutes.

don't forget the calmag.

Also whats Led ?

led - is abbreviated from Light Emitting Diode, which is the type of light most folk use now. there are basically two types of grow lighting - hid - High Intensity Discharge - which is anything that uses a bulb, and led.

led lighting has a tendency to cause the plant to need more calmag than hid light would.

you're just looking for tomato nutrients.

if you are in germany : google hydroponic shops in germany. there are loads and loads of them. they will have everything you are looking for. you might have to discuss "tomatoes" with them as code for cannabis. that is how it used to work here pre-legal.

even then, it wasn't hard at all to source stuff.

The plant is slowly starving.

Your Blumenerde is German for potting soil and from what I can find when looking it up this potting mix contains compost. The photos show what looks like Perlite, and the EU no longer allows the mining of peat moss from bogs so there probably is Coco Coir instead. At the moment I do not think that the potting soil is a major problem.

You tell us that the pH is balanced but what is the actual pH of the water. If you do not know then mention it and someone might be able to help work around not knowing the actual number.

Very good chance it is the fertilizer. Tell us what ratio you are mixing the fertilizer; how many grams of fertilizer to how many liters of water.

Start looking for the source of the poor growth and the sick looking leaves by looking for problems with the Macro nutrients first and then start looking at secondary and micro nutrients like the magnesium, zinc or calcium. Eliminate the major as being a problem and work down to the minor.

My thoughts are that your plants had a small problem with not enough Nitrogen and a shortage of Potassium when you first started the discussion. Then looking at the photo you posted in message #5 it seems that all the problems are accelerating fast; it has only been 11 days or so and look how fast the plant is turning yellow. It is possible that too much Nitrogen has prevented the plant from being able to absorb and use the Potassium based the Mulder's Chart. Some call that a lock-out.

I believe you are in Germany. I found an older thread posted by a grower looking for supplies and the recommendation was to check the shops in Berlin.

I am thinking that the best thing is to go to all the gardening shops you can and it should fall into place. Probably best to look in larger cities to start, especially the one with more liberal attitudes.

It will not be labeled for Cannabis. With some basic research you will start to recognize the ratios of Nitrogen to Phosphorous to Potassium as being what you want. You will get used to reading the ingredients that the fertilizer was made from and knowing what the fertilizer will be good for.

People here use the word "nutes" which is not a real word nor will it be found in any English dictionary. It is something they made up so they did not have to type Nutrients. Just tell the shop you are looking for fertilizers with certain ratios and made from quality ingredients. Start with asking for a quality tomato fertilizer.

But, first off, tell us the pH of the water. Oh, and it will help if you can tell us how often you water with the fertilizer mixed in.

Good luck.
Thanka for ur feedback ! My drinking bottled water is 7.7 ph i use ph down solution when i mix the ferts in.. i add ferts of 500pps as per my gauge reading for one gallon.. i feed her npk ferts mentioned above once every 6 days.. i added perlites to the soil.. and no im located in the middle east.. bue these plants are 2 months old because my led lights stunted them while there were seedling but while using the ferts they got all perfect and green and all and now all of sudden i had 2 or 3 leaves burnt guessing fert OD?!

Btw this is the bottled water that i use for my gsc.. i use lemon drops to lower ph and aquarium solution to ph up maybe thats my problem ? I always have the same issue on my every single grow but this time its way worse maybe because im using different soil this time ? Urghh its so hectic grown cannabis and litrally this is ny last 2 seeds grown its very difficult to order seeds where iam and its risky plz help !
Screenshot_20231118_142839_Gallery.jpg

The bag of Blumenerde is written in German and the word means potting soil. It should already contain compost, a main ingredient for providing natural minerals and nutrients for plant. What is printed on the bag of fertilizer is written in English but the bag comes from Turkey. It is getting confusing what you can find as far as growing supplies. And the water bottle label makes it look like it was printed for a Middle East population.

i add ferts of 500pps as per my gauge reading for one gallon..
What is pps that you are measuring? Did you mean something else? I am familiar with PPM (part per million) and TDS (total dissolved solids) being used for hydroponic growing but when I look up "pps" it gives me info on measuring some sorts of fertilizers for advanced aquarium methods.

My drinking bottled water is 7.7 ph i use ph down solution when i mix the ferts in..
And what is the pH of the water after using the pH down solution? That is more important than what the pH is before you start mixing. And now you mention that you are using lemon drops to lower the pH.

The Oligreen Plus fertilizer that you have is used by large scale gardening and farming people for hydroponic growing but you are growing in a soil and I feel that the two methods are not working together.

I always have the same issue on my every single grow but this time its way worse maybe because im using different soil this time ?
This is an important part. The problem was not fixed the first time. I really feel that you are using the wrong type of fertilizer for the different soils you are trying to use.

If those were my plants and if it is up to me I would transplant those plants into slightly larger containers filled with a good quality soil. I would stop using the fertilizer in that bag. Instead I would buy a fertilizer intended for home gardeners and not farmers. The fertilizer would be made from more naturally processed materials and not processed minerals that are then chealeted for storage and later use.

The water that I use would be adjusted to a 6.3 pH which is what is recommended for growing in just about any soil mix.

The bag of Blumenerde is written in German and the word means potting soil. It should already contain compost, a main ingredient for providing natural minerals and nutrients for plant. What is printed on the bag of fertilizer is written in English but the bag comes from Turkey. It is getting confusing what you can find as far as growing supplies. And the water bottle label makes it look like it was printed for a Middle East population.

What is pps that you are measuring? Did you mean something else? I am familiar with PPM (part per million) and TDS (total dissolved solids) being used for hydroponic growing but when I look up "pps" it gives me info on measuring some sorts of fertilizers for advanced aquarium methods.

And what is the pH of the water after using the pH down solution? That is more important than what the pH is before you start mixing. And now you mention that you are using lemon drops to lower the pH.

The Oligreen Plus fertilizer that you have is used by large scale gardening and farming people for hydroponic growing but you are growing in a soil and I feel that the two methods are not working together.

This is an important part. The problem was not fixed the first time. I really feel that you are using the wrong type of fertilizer for the different soils you are trying to use.

If those were my plants and if it is up to me I would transplant those plants into slightly larger containers filled with a good quality soil. I would stop using the fertilizer in that bag. Instead I would buy a fertilizer intended for home gardeners and not farmers. The fertilizer would be made from more naturally processed materials and not processed minerals that are then chealeted for storage and later use.

The water that I use would be adjusted to a 6.3 pH which is what is recommended for growing in just about any soil mix.
Hi thanks ! My bad i meant ppm..
As for the ph i usually just randomly balance it between 6 and 7 ph ..
Forgot to mention i never used nph in my previous grows i onlybused all purpose flower food and that wasnt doing pretty well but it got me throughout till harvest time.. this time just npk epsom salt and sometimes sea moss liquid .. i am thibking to flush them down just incase i messed up with something .. ill go to the stores and ask for growing tomatos recommended ferts.. altho they told me about the npks and humic acid thats it .. naybe i should get humic acid envolved .. ohh what about shiljit ? sigh

First.. that bottle of water you’re using has the incorrect ratios for cannabis. That won’t help you at all and could possibly give you lockouts depending on how much you’re using.

Second.. Those NPK amounts listen on your bags are typically meant for plants grown in 15 gallon containers. If you’re in anything smaller than a 15 gallon container you’re going to run out of nutrition. I noticed you said some of your plants have vegged for 2 months. That’s too long in the same container unless that container is 15 gallons. Even then you’re close to pushing its limits with a 15 gallon at 60 days.

Mainly though, You’re overthinking the process. All you’re trying to do is grow tomato’s. Use the same nutrition and methods you would use for tomato’s and you’ll find much greater success. Cannabis will eat up almost everything you throw at it. I flower in 10 gallon containers after vegging in 1 and 3 gallon containers because cannabis will eat so much if you let it.

I also agree that you should transplant into a larger container. That will almost certainly solve the majority of your problems while giving you time to increase your feeding.

I missed this the first time around. Yes this is super important too. You’re just not going to be able to use a fertilizer like this efficiently in soil, it has been specifically formulated for use other than soil. Some nutrients will allow you to use multiple methods but those nutrients are almost always cannabis specific, or, they have specific ways of use. For instance you would use them every feeding in hydro but only once a week in soil type stuff

Back
Top Bottom