Is it calmag deficiency?

lordzoe

420 Member
Hi all. Woke up this morning to feed my girls and i found a few rusty leaves. Im assuming its calmag deficiency. Im in 10ltr bucket dwc. Ppm was at 965 and ph was at 6.5. Should i just change reservoir and just add calmag with no nutrients for a couple days? Any input is greatly appreciated.

20210509_090211.jpg

Those plants are looking fantastic! I'm also not a hydro guy, but I think VetSmoke is right about 6.5 being a little high for hydro.

As for CalMag, I think the rusty spots do look a bit like calcium deficiency, but I'd expect to see a little more interveinal chlorosis from the plant's magnesium interactions being tied in to all that as well

Might be worth doing exactly that and changing the reservoir and getting it back down to the right pH with just a little CalMag and light bloom nutes, unless changing res is stressful at this stage of flower?

Welcome and what's happening @lordzoe

It looks like you have a little problem with your lady, we're here to help.

I believe it could very well be lockout, caused by your high PH.

Get you ph down to about 6.0 to uptake the needed nutrients,

Tell me about your setup, water temp, tent temp, etc.

Try this first, flush your system with pd'd water with a ppm of about 200 of cal-mag do this for about 30minutes.

Make a fresh batch of nutrients and don't let the ppm's go over 600 and ph'd to around 6.0-6.1.

Ph after nutrients are well mixed in the solution.

What kind of water are you using?

What nutrients are you using?

Hope the helps,

Tok..

In a 2x2x5 tent. Im using still water with 7.0 ph ppm 68. When i add calmag and nutes bring ppm to 650-700. If i just add calmag its ppm is 300-350 water temp is 16 -20degrees Celsius. Tent temp neve higher then 26 degrees. Using the canna full range nutrients and calmag. Thanks dudes and dudets

Have to echo some of the above suggestions and recommend lowering the ph. I have best results it seems varying between ph of 5.5 to 6.0 in my RWDC. (I have a similiar size tent to yours also)

From charts I've seen different nutrients are more easily taken by the plant within this range. My reasoning to vary it,(which feeds perfectly in to my attempt to be as lazy as possible ) is by not locking in a ph but instead moving around within the 5.5-6.0 range, the plant is overall getting all the nutrients it needs. Probably would be better to vary for specific times of growth but I like to keep things simple.

My tap water is about 7.4 so I have a bottle of "ph down" which is relatively cheap and lasts for many grows. ph is one of the easier things for me to control and seems it will let the plant take advantage of all the other good stuff you are doing for your plant.

Personally I would not sweat it.

Your leaves look a little droopy to me though.

I have had a lot of leaf issues over the many DWC grows I have done over the last 18 months and a few leaves showing like this is very common.

I have done many an unnecessary rez change (and my tanks are 100 litres so it is a pain in the ass and expensive)

I would be inclined to reduce that ph to 5.8 and top up your tanks with plain (un nuted, un cal magged) water as it is used up over the next days, week.

See how you get on.

Should sort out the droop and keep you ticking along.

I found a water filter to make RO water has helped me a lot and recent research suggest ph is les an issue that once thought but IME it is very easy to over fertilise and even though a little nute burn doesnt do too much harm watering down your rez generally fixes lots of minor issues like this for minimal effort.

I barely take ph now for my grows. I know what nutes to use, stick to the same nute brands and additives and not worrying about the odd anomaly saves a lot of time and expends a lot less nervous energy !

Different strains and variety within strains , outside tent temps, rez temps and shitty circulation fans breaking all the time are my main challenges.

Two plants same strain same conditions often grow differently and show different leaf signs.....It will drive you mad trying to work out whats going on..

Back
Top Bottom