Yellowing leaves but buds are close

Finnicki

This plant is so close to maturity but a lot of clear trichs remain. Might the yellowing leaves be a source of the clear trichs? Sad looking leaves stopping the plant as a whole? Or do all plants on the 12/12 schedule for 2 months show leaves like mine towards the end? Thanks.

Don’t want to make her work in her “off season”. Hahaha. I’ve been using kelp added to water. Don’t want to overkill plant with nutes when I want to harvest soon. First plant wife has smoked already. Gives her a quicker buzz than joints from dispensary half block away. I want to ‘flush’ plant with straight water.

9/13 went to 12/12 lighting on her. Haven’t had the new Atreum lights going on her that long. Have those at 50%.

Don’t want to make her work in her “off season”. Hahaha. I’ve been using kelp added to water. Don’t want to overkill plant with nutes when I want to harvest soon. First plant wife has smoked already. Gives her a quicker buzz than joints from dispensary half block away. I want to ‘flush’ plant with straight water.
Well, you asked why they look like they do... this is certainly the reason. You are starving your plant. Some people still believe that this is the best way to get quality out of their buds and I just want to let you know there is a better way... but you made it clear, you want to do it your way. At least you have an answer to your questions.

Or do all plants on the 12/12 schedule for 2 months show leaves like mine towards the end?
9/13 went to 12/12 lighting on her.
If the plant went into the 12/12 lighting schedule on 9/13 (Sept 13th) then the plants are going on 13 weeks. Figure that you hit the wrong keys and meant 10/13 since a 12 week or longer flowering time is a bit unusual.

The way I look at, plants that have been in flower for 8 plus weeks have possibly been demanding more from the soil than the soil & micro-organisms can supply. Or, if in a hydro growing media the plant is demanding more than the grower has been able to supply during watering sessions.

Yellowing leaves are usually the sign of something not going right, and no, despite what some will tell you, no, well grown plants do not look ugly at the end.
Depends on the definition of 'looking ugly'.:) Some growers like that soft yellow color that takes over the entire leaf like what happens on deciduous plants when they get ready to go into a dormant or winter time period. This is not the same as those yellow areas that quickly turn the entire leaf a dark brown, wrinkle up and get 'dry as a bone' within several days. Since Cannabis is an annual any leaf yellowing should be at a minimum and explainable.

Yes, some photographs will help figure out what is causing the yellow so it can be slowed down or maybe stopped on this plant. And, just as important, figuring out what is happening now helps to avoid the situation before it becomes a potential problem during the next vegetating and flowering gardening session.

They have a yellow cast to them.. the ones close to soil are green, though light in color. No deep rich green. Struggling to keep humidity above 40%. Temp is 70. I add 64 oz of water to pan every morning. This is the 2nd plant. 9/13 is the date for 12/12 on my fone. I have trouble losing items on fone. Now on a piece of paper or a mail item, those are missing in action within a few days.

I have been doing both. A gallon jug I keep in tent that has kelp in it. Other water I have in jars in that room. They are cold to the touch. I use those to fill humidifier pan. Room temp water best to water plants with??

useless thread without pics.
imagine my plants ... then tell me what to do lol :p

room temp or slightly lower for watering. essentially how nature does it.

Here ya go.

68C62236-B017-4332-BB40-36EE194B428D.jpeg

2EFB8FF9-2A23-44E0-8F55-22A347274466.jpeg

8A4E0DB3-73BD-4EB4-A368-36D14A24215D.jpeg

5F2C508D-623D-4242-A49F-4B62DBC73606.jpeg

4068C22B-E200-452F-800F-815E11F6C34A.jpeg

6642D983-A24E-4A97-873F-4956805833F3.jpeg

10FF8709-6143-4CD3-BDA1-D1D9E939AE10.jpeg

A34E5282-36D6-47EF-82B9-BEFA4DB553D3.jpeg

. Struggling to keep humidity above 40%.

In flower, 40% humidity is fine, you want lower humidity when the plants are in flower, reduces the chances of bud rot. Increased air movement also helps. The plants look darn good, you could give them a LITTLE bit of N and it should green up the leaves.

Yellowing is happening on the top leaves. Below not so much. Leaves don’t perk back up after watering like before. I ordered kelp when this yellowing started on top. Hasn’t seemed to stop it.

Been using GeoFlora Bloom during flowering. Is that a sufficient source of N for our plant? Are these yellow leaves preventing the maturing of the trichs?

Been using GeoFlora Bloom during flowering. Is that a sufficient source of N for our plant? Are these yellow leaves preventing the maturing of the trichs?
No, the yellowing won't prevent the trichromes from maturing. Not familiar with Geoflora nutes, is there any N in the Bloom nutes? If not, add a LITTLE N, like half strength or less. They just need a little shot of N and it should get you through harvest.

Yes, N is in the GeoFlora Bloom. Not as much as say Bloodmeal. Hate to shock them at this point. Not far to go on this road...

Geoflora is pretty well balanced the way it is... I would not recommend adding anything to it. I am suspecting that your lower roots are in trouble, as the leaves are pointing down at the roots and there is no lift. I think you said earlier that you were bottom watering, and that would be a warning sign that bottom watering was not going so well for you. Can you please confirm how often you are watering and how much you are giving?

Back
Top Bottom