Zef's Stardawg x White Walker, Natural Greenhouse, 2020: Will Definitely Need Help

I'll follow along I hope I can be of some help.

Wee update on what the babies look like this morning. Crap day, no sun, its a little chilly.
Has anyone used this Seaweed stuff before? Should I use it and when?

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_101639.jpg
    IMG_20200429_101639.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200429_101623.jpg
    IMG_20200429_101623.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200429_101603.jpg
    IMG_20200429_101603.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200429_101536.jpg
    IMG_20200429_101536.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200429_101459.jpg
    IMG_20200429_101459.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20200429_101455.jpg
    IMG_20200429_101455.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 61
Wee update on what the babies look like this morning. Crap day, no sun, its a little chilly.
Has anyone used this Seaweed stuff before? Should I use it and when?
Morning zefs, I jinxed the weather, after two weeks of perfect sun I popped 3 seeds,they appeared last night and this morning, then...poof...sun disapeares.lol.
As for the seaweed stuff, I wouldn't know what to tell you about that, I use plant magic 1 bottle grow for soil a bit of silica and some great white for roots.
So I've nah clue,maybe go look in the organic garden section, someone in there will know.

Morning zefs, I jinxed the weather, after two weeks of perfect sun I popped 3 seeds,they appeared last night and this morning, then...poof...sun disapeares.lol.
As for the seaweed stuff, I wouldn't know what to tell you about that, I use plant magic 1 bottle grow for soil a bit of silica and some great white for roots.
So I've nah clue,maybe go look in the organic garden section, someone in there will know.
Oh what a nightmare! Hopefully the sun returns for us!! Cant seem to find an organic garden forum on here. Would be great to know if its useful or not.

Oh what a nightmare! Hopefully the sun returns for us!! Cant seem to find an organic garden forum on here. Would be great to know if its useful or not.
The people (members/growers) are the useful thing over in the organic, it's in the growers forum section in the menu.
Lots of smart cookies over there.
If the sun don't return by tomorrow, I'm gonna set up a little t5 florescent light unit to give them a boost. I'm not fecking around waiting for the sun this year.

They look ok to me zefs, sometimes the colder weather can make them look a little lighter. Did you know the plant isn't really green, it reflects the green back in the light spectrum.The only colour the plant doesn't use.
A seedling feeds itself for the first week or two, but that gives me a chance to ask you a few questions about what now?

First question; what water are you using and do you know the ph of the water?

They look ok to me zefs, sometimes the colder weather can make them look a little lighter. Did you know the plant isn't really green, it reflects the green back in the light spectrum.The only colour the plant doesn't use.
A seedling feeds itself for the first week or two, but that gives me a chance to ask you a few questions about what now?

First question; what water are you using and do you know the ph of the water?
The water i use is usually ph 6-6.5 i think. I use the ph dip stick things.

The water i use is usually ph 6-6.5 i think. I use the ph dip stick things.
That's perfect if that's the case.
Next thing is the soil, I know in the description you were using what's available, can you tell us if they all got some compost. The ones with compost may be able to go longer without feeding.
If no compost, you may need to feed it next set of leafs.

Oops,wasn't compost was it, it's worm castings. If any of the pots got some worm poo they won't need feeding just yet. If no worm poo, they might need a little feed when they get their next leafs.

Oops,wasn't compost was it, it's worm castings. If any of the pots got some worm poo they won't need feeding just yet. If no worm poo, they might need a little feed when they get their next leafs.
Thats perfect I can actually see the next set of leafs just formed in the middle so it wont be long now until they have a few more limbs. Im expecting the one that has only the cheap compost that came with the greenhouse to give me some sort of problems. Drainage isnt the best and the material is full of sticks and twigs. I even found peices of glass, plastic and metal in amongst it.

Thats perfect I can actually see the next set of leafs just formed in the middle so it wont be long now until they have a few more limbs. Im expecting the one that has only the cheap compost that came with the greenhouse to give me some sort of problems. Drainage isnt the best and the material is full of sticks and twigs. I even found peices of glass, plastic and metal in amongst it.
Yeah, glass and plastic don't sound promising:D
When you do start feeding its best to start with a weak strength of nutrient, I usually start at 1/4 strength of what the bottle/packet says.
You said in the opening description you've got some grow/bloom, what company is that from?

Yeah, glass and plastic don't sound promising:D
When you do start feeding its best to start with a weak strength of nutrient, I usually start at 1/4 strength of what the bottle/packet says.
You said in the opening description you've got some grow/bloom, what company is that from?
This is the only nutrient I have currently. I planned originally to solely try water but to gove them the best opportunity while i can. What do you think seen it before?

Attachments

• 2113904-cfe8162a18f479ead14e13d38d452647.jpg
    2113904-cfe8162a18f479ead14e13d38d452647.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 2113903-32814a5b1f1212299c8db8a2f4869494.jpg
    2113903-32814a5b1f1212299c8db8a2f4869494.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 55
This is the only nutrient I have currently. I planned originally to solely try water but to gove them the best opportunity while i can. What do you think seen it before?
Sorry bud, I wouldn't know about how to use that, there's plenty of members on here that would. If you have a scout around journals in progress you'll find somebody who does know. Introduce yourself, then hit them for their knowledge.
I'm a 1 bottle grow/ 1 bottle bloom guy from the local grow shop.

If you want to use just water you have to build a super soil, it has to "cook" for a month at least and fill it with all sorts of technical stuff like volcanic rock dust, kelp, oh all sorts. The mud you've got won't do that, you're plant would be shriveled in a couple of weeks.it's gonna need something added.
Google Coots recipe soil.

If you want to use just water you have to build a super soil, it has to "cook" for a month at least and fill it with all sorts of technical stuff like volcanic rock dust, kelp, oh all sorts. The mud you've got won't do that, you're plant would be shriveled in a couple of weeks.it's gonna need something added.
Google Coots recipe soil.
Ill see if anyone has heard of it. Yeah i dont have the time for composting and such right about now. I hope the seaweed stuff is usable, if not you'll have to recommend what i need! You having a smoke this fine evening? Its a lemon ammo night for me :)

Ill see if anyone has heard of it. Yeah i dont have the time for composting and such right about now. I hope the seaweed stuff is usable, if not you'll have to recommend what i need! You having a smoke this fine evening? Its a lemon ammo night for me :)
Sounds nice, I've got the choice of sour diesel or purple skunk mass, both were free seeds I used up over winter. The skunk in gorgeous but hasn't cured yet and I've already gone through a jar of it, so I'm trying to stick to the diesel.
I'm sure that seaweed stuff will be good for something, but it looks like an additive to be used along side a base nutrient.
Have a look at plant magic soil grow online, it's 1 bottle no fuss, they even have an organic one called old timers. Just to give you an idea, loads of other brands. Do you have any local grow shops?

Back
Top Bottom