Northern Lights Auto - Budget T5 & T8 Grow Box

Today's update brought to you by Vermin Supreme. The Friendly Fascist, the Tyrant we can Trust. (seriously if you don't know who he is check him out on youtube, I would vote for him if I could)

#1 Ellen day 70 above surface.
IMAG105210.jpg
IMAG10516.jpg
IMAG104515.jpg
IMAG104612.jpg
IMAG104713.jpg
IMAG10507.jpg
IMAG104810.jpg
IMAG104910.jpg

Just doing her thing, taking her time. The defoliation seems to have gotten her going on the fattening up thing, she's definitely putting on weight.

#2 Sarah day 60 above surface.
IMAG10399.jpg
IMAG103811.jpg
IMAG10379.jpg

Good god did she ever take off with the flowering. I did not expect her to do anything close to this considering I barely manage to get her to throw out any growth before she started flowering. her buds are DENSE and growing every day, and SHE FUCKING STINKS. Look at the differences in bud shapes, colors, and densities, and she's a week and change younger. This isn't a different NL phenotype, this is a completely non NL strain. I'm still leaning towards WW or maybe Train Wreck, but she also looks like one of their low THC High CBD autos, if that's what she is I will not be amused.

#3 Kara 48 hrs above surface.
IMAG10407.jpg
IMAG10416.jpg

She's coming along, still a bit yellow/lime for my liking, mix is definitely hot but looks like she'll take it, 2nd set of true leaves starting to peek out.

#4 Bobbie is officially dead, I plucked her this evening and gave her a gold-fish burial. Sad to see her go but it was my fault, planted her straight into the mix, should have taken it easier on her. Again nice of CKS to offer me the replacement seeds, hope they get here within next couple weeks so I can get 1 or 2 of them done before I need to shut down for a while.

Meet the new #4, no name for now until I determine sex. Strain completely unknown, gender unknown, almost definitely a photoperiod so flowering may get tricky. It's one of the 2 mystery bagseeds I germinated before the aphids showed up (they seem to have retreated, I still see the occasional one or 2 but no clusters, and alot fewer now than 2 weeks ago)
Looks Sativa dominant to me based on leaf shape.
IMAG104213.jpg
IMAG104315.jpg
IMAG104416.jpg

I took a couple cuttings day before yesterday which I will try to force into flower to get sex info early.

Couldn't help myself, snipped off a tiny bud off Ellen that looked about 60-70% done cause I had to taste test, she just overpowered me with her siren's call. Went for one that had more red hairs than others and was shading a few buds. Real frosty too. Broke it up, threw it in my dehydrator for 2 hrs on medium, and rolled.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! that is a beautiful smoke, can't wait to try properly dried and cured. SMOOTH, holy hell was that ever smooth, like almost no green grass/hay whatsoever, with alot of trich-bearing leaf left just to bulk things up, and still almost no chlorophyll taste and no throat burn at all. Ash is pure white, smell while burning is gorgeous. Hints of honey and skunk.

Also started LST on the mystery plant, at it's size and as long as sexing it is likely to take, I'd rather invest the work now and regret killing a male than not doing the work and having an out of control 7 foot monster.

Speaking of sexing, the cuttings seem to still be alive, soon as I see roots I'll transplant them, give them a week or so at 18/6, then flip em to 12/12 and check between the legs.

Couldn't help myself, snipped off a tiny bud off Ellen that looked about 60-70% done cause I had to taste test, she just overpowered me with her siren's call. Went for one that had more red hairs than others and was shading a few buds. Real frosty too. Broke it up, threw it in my dehydrator for 2 hrs on medium, and rolled.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! that is a beautiful smoke, can't wait to try properly dried and cured. SMOOTH, holy hell was that ever smooth, like almost no green grass/hay whatsoever, with alot of trich-bearing leaf left just to bulk things up, and still almost no chlorophyll taste and no throat burn at all. Ash is pure white, smell while burning is gorgeous. Hints of honey and skunk.

Also started LST on the mystery plant, at it's size and as long as sexing it is likely to take, I'd rather invest the work now and regret killing a male than not doing the work and having an out of control 7 foot monster.

Speaking of sexing, the cuttings seem to still be alive, soon as I see roots I'll transplant them, give them a week or so at 18/6, then flip em to 12/12 and check between the legs.

Haha, this is really tempting me to harvest one of my buds too :laughtwo: it seems to be taking FOREVER for my triches to turn amber!! Anyway glad yours was a good smoke :thumb:

Hey all, sorry I've been quiet for a while, life got busy again and there wasn't much of interest to report. The news is all around good.

The replacement seeds from CKS are here, so I have 5 more beans to pop once I have room in the box. Again I want to give them props for being so cool about sending me free replacements even though 5/5 germed and they had no obligation since they only guarantee germination. I'm still a bit dissapointed I can't say for sure what strain #2 is but as far as I'm concerned they really stepped up for me as a customer and I want to give credit where due.

The fungus gnats are gone for now, and the aphids while still present are well under control. Still have to spray every 2 days and will likely have to continue until i stop all growing and do a top to bottom sterilization but I consider this level to be acceptable and under control. No signs of them on #1 or #3, minimal signs on #2 and #4 (mystery donated seed).

The smell from #2, which I still suspect to be white widow, is out of hand. It's taken over the basement, I gotta get around to venting that outside and adding stronger fan and filter.

Quick overall view on first opening my box.
IMAG108712.jpg
IMAG108615.jpg

IMAG107410.jpg
IMAG107512.jpg
IMAG107612.jpg
IMAG107711.jpg
IMAG10788.jpg
IMAG107911.jpg
IMAG108011.jpg
IMAG108111.jpg

#1 79 days above surface. Still not quite ready but closer and closer. Hoping I can harvest her over the long weekend but realistically I think I still have a week or 2 to go. Yellowing is getting significant. Gave her what is likely to be her last boosted drink tonight, I think nothing but water from now on.

IMAG106816.jpg
IMAG10608.jpg

IMAG106316.jpg
IMAG106412.jpg
IMAG10658.jpg
IMAG106611.jpg
IMAG106714.jpg

#2 with sharpie in some shots for size referrence. This girl is still just getting fatter and fatter. The only word that springs to mind on looking at the buds is "chunky". Day 69 above surface.

IMAG108311.jpg
IMAG108413.jpg

#3 t he little seedling that survived my crazy hot mix from my last 2 NL seeds is doing well. A bit of nitrogen toxicity showing, one leaf is prominently clawed but overall she looks healthy, no stretch. starting to add nodes, all is well.

IMAG106917.jpg
IMAG107012.jpg
IMAG107112.jpg
IMAG107214.jpg
IMAG107312.jpg

The mystery donated seed #4, gender still unknown, cuttings don't look like their going to root, will try again asap once I have a larger healthier shoot to work with. Gotta practice cloning. Meantime training is in full swing along with strategic pruning, sortof a LST/lollipop hybrid.

Ninja-edited my last post, in case anyone missed it, my replacement seeds from CKS are here, see above for a bit more details.

Hey all, sorry I've been quiet for a while, life got busy again and there wasn't much of interest to report. The news is all around good.

The replacement seeds from CKS are here, so I have 5 more beans to pop once I have room in the box. Again I want to give them props for being so cool about sending me free replacements even though 5/5 germed and they had no obligation since they only guarantee germination. I'm still a bit dissapointed I can't say for sure what strain #2 is but as far as I'm concerned they really stepped up for me as a customer and I want to give credit where due.

The fungus gnats are gone for now, and the aphids while still present are well under control. Still have to spray every 2 days and will likely have to continue until i stop all growing and do a top to bottom sterilization but I consider this level to be acceptable and under control. No signs of them on #1 or #3, minimal signs on #2 and #4 (mystery donated seed).

The smell from #2, which I still suspect to be white widow, is out of hand. It's taken over the basement, I gotta get around to venting that outside and adding stronger fan and filter.

Quick overall view on first opening my box.
IMAG108712.jpg
IMAG108615.jpg

IMAG107410.jpg
IMAG107512.jpg
IMAG107612.jpg
IMAG107711.jpg
IMAG10788.jpg
IMAG107911.jpg
IMAG108011.jpg
IMAG108111.jpg

#1 79 days above surface. Still not quite ready but closer and closer. Hoping I can harvest her over the long weekend but realistically I think I still have a week or 2 to go. Yellowing is getting significant. Gave her what is likely to be her last boosted drink tonight, I think nothing but water from now on.

IMAG106816.jpg
IMAG10608.jpg

IMAG106316.jpg
IMAG106412.jpg
IMAG10658.jpg
IMAG106611.jpg
IMAG106714.jpg

#2 with sharpie in some shots for size referrence. This girl is still just getting fatter and fatter. The only word that springs to mind on looking at the buds is "chunky". Day 69 above surface.

IMAG108311.jpg
IMAG108413.jpg

#3 t he little seedling that survived my crazy hot mix from my last 2 NL seeds is doing well. A bit of nitrogen toxicity showing, one leaf is prominently clawed but overall she looks healthy, no stretch. starting to add nodes, all is well.

IMAG106917.jpg
IMAG107012.jpg
IMAG107112.jpg
IMAG107214.jpg
IMAG107312.jpg

The mystery donated seed #4, gender still unknown, cuttings don't look like their going to root, will try again asap once I have a larger healthier shoot to work with. Gotta practice cloning. Meantime training is in full swing along with strategic pruning, sortof a LST/lollipop hybrid.

That's a great bit of size reference for me there EndItAll.
I've been needing to see an example of a nicely low trained plant as I won't be having much headroom in mine when I get it started ..

harvesting #1 soon. probably next weekend.

smoked another taste test of her....I am thrashed....that is some GOOD stuff, probably not the best I ever had but easy top 3.
trichs are about 30% amber

Hi all, sorry for the long silence, life got quite complex for a while.

Just a short and sweet update to let you all know I'm still here and well.

I'e harvested about 2 ounces so far from #1 Ellen as she matures, light penetration isn't great so the lower buds are still a ways from ready. I had to quick dry and use without much of a cure, supply ran out and couldn't make the journey, have smoked +/- 1 ounce so far, more drying and curing properly, plenty left to harest still between #1 and #2 but holding off another week or 2 at least.
IMAG11165.jpg
IMAG1117_1_.jpg
IMAG1118_1_.jpg

The next round of plants are coming along well, I successfully cloned the mystery seed, waiting a couple more days to let the clone settle after I transplanted it then flipping it to 12/12 to get sex info. The last of my original 5 CKS seeds is starting to preflower.
IMAG1119_1_.jpg

Thats all for now, ty to those who are still with me.

Hi all, sorry for the long silence, life got quite complex for a while.

Just a short and sweet update to let you all know I'm still here and well.

I'e harvested about 2 ounces so far from #1 Ellen as she matures, light penetration isn't great so the lower buds are still a ways from ready. I had to quick dry and use without much of a cure, supply ran out and couldn't make the journey, have smoked +/- 1 ounce so far, more drying and curing properly, plenty left to harest still between #1 and #2 but holding off another week or 2 at least.
IMAG11165.jpg
IMAG1117_1_.jpg
IMAG1118_1_.jpg

The next round of plants are coming along well, I successfully cloned the mystery seed, waiting a couple more days to let the clone settle after I transplanted it then flipping it to 12/12 to get sex info. The last of my original 5 CKS seeds is starting to preflower.
IMAG1119_1_.jpg

Thats all for now, ty to those who are still with me.
Happy to have you back. Hope you are well. Your looking good EndItAll

Hi again all, again sorry for the long silence, now that winter is over life gets really busy with the scramble to get the garden planted added to life. No pics today, no time, will try to post some tomorrow if time permits.

Had a minor disaster, partially due to inexperience, partially due to getting called away for work while no one else was home to tend to chores. Long story short, most of my 1st wave harvest was lost to mold because the jars didn't get burped or stirred for a few days.

I almost cried, but 1 jar was ok, I still have my 2nd wave (it was hanging to dry while I was away, just got VERY dry, popped it in with a boveda and a couple fresh fan leaves.

Back to the lost jars.....the mold was present but still very early and limited. None of the contaminated product was smoked. Lesson learned, what I thought was dry enough, wasn't and don't leave your jars unattended during early cure, if you have to, take it out and re-hang to dry, you can always re-hydrate. Expensive lesson, but one I won't ever forget.

I was however, after research and alot of trimming, washing, rinsing, baking in oven at 195F to kill any possible remaining live spores while preserving the trichs et al, and soaking in isopropyl alcohol, followed by surface skimming impurities and a final filtration, then a VERY careful distillation/evaporation (pay attention in chem class kids, alcohol vapors are flammable AND explosive, don't fuck with this at home), able to salvage about 2grams of the most AMAZING hash I have ever smoked.

So I got that going for me.

Anyhow, between not having a scale and not having finished drying, it's hard to say how much I lost in weight, but it was 3 of 4 500ml mason jars loosely filled, eyeball says around 30ish grams.

the remaining plants are doing well, about to flip the lights on the clone of the donated seed to get a gender, the last CKS plant is still vegging up slowly but surely, alot of flowering happening early again, like #2 did. Hope it's not another of that strain/pheno, #1 is must tastier and stronger.

Pics tomorrow if able.

Hi all I am back after a strange nearly 6 months. closing this journal and starting another shortly, got a few new toys to show off

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom