The Challenge: Cardboard Flowering Box

Thank you everyone for the support and your cheers at something finally going well in this adventure we're on in this box... You guys don't know it, but you all kept me from capitulation when things got bad, and I was down-in-the-mouth.

SO... I find myself nearing resolution of ALL of the improvement points outlined from my last grow.

They were:

1. Research other lighting configurations, or light sources either additional, or different.
  2. Find other means of lowering temperature for "The Purple" bag appeal.
  3. For future grows, add second circulation fan to keep air moving over all plants throughout the grow space.

I have gotten the second circulation fan in.
I am picking up the 400w HPS today.
All that is left is to find an efficient way of cooling the purples at night for "Bag Appeal"

You guys are looking at a happy poppa! As the SoG is in the box right now, and will not be all purples, it is not imperative to get the cooling in place just yet. However, I will be on the lookout for at least a mini-split to take care of that point.

With environmental conditions nearing completion, I find myself both breathing a sigh of relief, and holding my breath for what is to come. Things are going so well for me this week, I'm wondering how bad it will be when the excrement hits the rotary oscillator. Until it does, I will bask in the glory of knowing that my grows will be much better than before, and the yields will improve.

SUCCESS!!

The HPS light is here and installed. I waste no time! Yes, I will veg under this with T5 augmentation. Also for pictures, my camera's flicker removal doesn't have the 30Htz filter, so it looks like I'm taking pics through a screen, so the T5's will remain. I'll turn off the HPS for picture time, and take them under the T5s. This also works for the "true color" pictures.

IMG_20120605_152248.jpg

IMG_20120605_152253.jpg

IMG_20120605_163907.jpg

Temps stable at 84, (just under my high tolerance threshold) RH is at 25% and hood is only slightly warm to the touch. The only thing on the hood I can't touch for long, is the spot on the glass that is directly under the lamp. Cleaned intake air filter for better airflow into the box.

Has been 1.5 hours, more than enough time for the temps to stabilize, and I think that we're good for this light in this box. Was a tense moment when I looked into the box 1/4 hour after closing the doors and the temp had risen to 88, but CANNED AIR to the intake filter lowered it back down to a reasonable level.

It looks like all is in readiness for the start of flowering, now I'm just waiting for the plants to show that they are ready to go, and I'll flip the switch.

Still on 24/7 for the time being, have four more weeks of it, or maybe two, then, depending on health and growth, I may go straight to flower and skip GLR altogether. Or maybe go to a week or two of GLR, then straight to 12/12, or 11/13.

I'll have to watch the plants under this light to be sure... been a looooooooong time since I've had an HID light over plants...

The fungus and treatment claimed some tender babies. Also, I didn't get 2 of the Green Fluffy Bunnies deep enough under the hydrotone, and they dehydrated. AND I dropped my thermometer onto a Lamb's Bread . . . Damn it.

Total removed:
1x Lambs Bread
2x Plushberry
3x Green Fluffy Bunnies

Clones still alive:
5.3 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
5.3 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
5.3 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
5.3 days tracking Jandre Kush - Jandre
5.3 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
5.3 days tracking Plush Berry Kush Clone - PBK
5.3 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
5.3 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW

Damn you're organized. I bet when you go camping, you're the guy that always has "that thing" that some other unprepared ninny has forgotten. Oh toothpaste? yup. Matches and a lighter and a flint? Check. Safety mirror extra batteries and flashlights, yessireee!

Damn you're organized. I bet when you go camping, you're the guy that always has "that thing" that some other unprepared ninny has forgotten. Oh toothpaste? yup. Matches and a lighter and a flint? Check. Safety mirror extra batteries and flashlights, yessireee!

Actually, my beloved takes care of all the things we'll need on the trip. I take care of the where, and the logistics of getting all the gear there. LOL! believe it or not, we actually left OUR CLOTHES at home last time we went camping, and I had to drive back to get them.

Actually, my beloved takes care of all the things we'll need on the trip. I take care of the where, and the logistics of getting all the gear there. LOL! believe it or not, we actually left OUR CLOTHES at home last time we went camping, and I had to drive back to get them.

A little reality slap there!:circle-of-love:

Okay, folks! Fishing trip went swimmingly, hehe, pardon the pun there. And there was a HUGE SURPRISE waiting for me when I returned. I might be flipping the flower switch THIS WEEKEND! I'll post some pics in a few to show the growth. It's amazing what an HID light and GLR can do over a week.

But first....

Click here--->The Fishing Trip

Okay, now for the big surprise. The HID lamp, Crazy Growth schedule with the Blue Planet Nutrients, on Gas Lantern Routine (GLR/12-1)

I got home after my camping trip, expecting to see something a little bigger than the week before. For a reminder, here is the week before:

After the power debacle, I decided to do some extra preparation, and care... When I got home...

Are you ready for this??

Moved 10 GFB, 6 PBK and 1 JndrK out of this phase and back into K-8 to veg some more. This allowed me to even out and open up the canopy a bit, and better space the bigger kids throughout the flower box. The ones I moved out, were being shadowed by the others and would have performed poorly, so they got held back a cycle to mature some, before going on. This unexpected turn of events, has let me allow my mothers to grow a bit more before taking a batch of new clones until the cycle after next.

This has also reset their veg time considerably, because of the shading, so I will just remove them altogether from this go 'round, and reset their veg time in Herb.IQ for ease of record keeping and reporting.
IMG_20120620_075846.jpg

This is the reorganization and seating assignments for the next graduating class.
IMG_20120620_080920.jpg

Still in the flower box, and due to flip within this next week are:
IMG_20120620_075927.jpg
SIDE A-
18.3 days tracking Plush Berry Kush Clone - PBK
18.3 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
18.3 days tracking Jandre Kush - Jandre

IMG_20120620_080849.jpg
SIDE B-
18.3 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
18.3 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
18.3 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
18.3 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
18.3 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW

I also lowered the light to within 12" of the tops in the center, to give a little stronger light. I've been told that a 400HPS can be within 8" so I'm testing tolerance at this point to see how they respond.

Back
Top Bottom