Zef's Stardawg x White Walker, Natural Greenhouse, 2020: Will Definitely Need Help

Hey guys, literally signed up to this forum today. My mate gave me some auto purple express seeds and reading this so far is helping me to know where to start. My friend is talking about using root juice etc etc but I assume just water and sunlight is good for the mo?

You can use root juice to help speed up root development. Honestly if you have decent soil root juice is just something extra that nute manufactures makes money on. I have done both with and without rootjuice and the difference is barely noticeable.

This is the start

Attachments

• FACC7A52-481E-4F83-B059-DE054C8D7FF7.jpeg
    FACC7A52-481E-4F83-B059-DE054C8D7FF7.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 76
  • CE78585E-9399-41D0-940F-E23D4D2B5E28.jpeg
    CE78585E-9399-41D0-940F-E23D4D2B5E28.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 71
Soil looks dense, are you planning on replanting later on? Are they photos or autos ? If photos I suggest replanting once the first true leaves emerge, make sure to mix some perlite into the soil it will greatly help with bringing more oxygen to the soil as well as drainage.
Yeah I will be replanting, I’m in lockdown at my nans house and was the only available pot thanks for the advice, They’re Autos. I’ve got a 4in1 ph/water/temp reader coming tomorrow and a couple different pots and lights. I assume it’s happy sat in the window for the minute?

It certainly could be, what temps are we talking about? It could also be your soil medium lacking essential nutrients, it's hard to know for sure as consistent temps <15c causes stunted growth and problems with photosynthesis, I think you will be ok once the temps raise a little.

You can add a small CFL for additional heat and light to help them root properly.
Hopwfully the weather gets better. I unferstand as they mature they get a little more resiliant, is that right?

Ill bring them in at night. Is it possible for them to get too warm in my house?
No, they'll be well alright as long as you don't stick'em on a radiator.
My space at night, I shut all the large Windows up and it turns into a little sun room/conservatory, I've got a little oil filled radiator down one end, so it never drops below 19° for mine.
See the difference it makes.
Day : 14
20200512_142028.jpg

It's day 15 today and they've started on their 6th set of leafs.

I'd give them the same dark period indoors as they'd receive outside or the might start stretching to get to your house lights. Unless you've got a cfl, florescent tube light you can put really close to them.

I'd give them the same dark period indoors as they'd receive outside or the might start stretching to get to your house lights. Unless you've got a cfl, florescent tube light you can put really close to them.
This little one is turning more and more yellow.
Could it be draining better than the others and therefor needs more regular watering?
If it is the lack of heat, would bringing it into my pitch black spare room, when the sun goes down and putting it back out in the morning help?
IMG_20200516_192515.jpg

This little one is turning more and more yellow.
Could it be draining better than the others and therefor needs more regular watering?
If it is the lack of heat, would bringing it into my pitch black spare room, when the sun goes down and putting it back out in the morning help?
IMG_20200516_192515.jpg
Yeah, I do think the temps had a fair bit to do with it turning yellows so quickly, it turned almost over night, it did get cold though!
The worse of the cold seems to be passing now, but if it's still cold where you are, taking them inside will help.

It won't help if you water more regularly, still got to keep to the wet/dry cycle, that's the healthiest thing.
If it stays yellow, one of the waterings it may be time to give it a little food.

Hey Zef, could you send a pic from today? I’m about a week behind you (different strain and in the southwest of England) but using pretty much the same technique and I’m curious to see how you’re getting on. We’ve had a couple warm nights so mine seem to have grown a fair bit the last couple days.
This is them right now. They are all different mixes of substrate but been treated the same. As you can see the size varies a bit, and the 2 smaller ones are a lighter shade of green. Hopefully they pull through.
IMG_20200518_175057.jpg
IMG_20200518_175054.jpg
IMG_20200518_175050.jpg
IMG_20200518_175044.jpg

What do you think? Done a quick google while i was stood in B&Q and i read somewhere that someone has used it and gave good results. Does it look alright?
IMG_20200518_175122.jpg
IMG_20200518_175116.jpg
Lol, what is it with you and tomato food, you got shares?:laugh:
It looks better than the last one, at least this one has a N-P-K value on It. It's still a focus on flowering, has a little high K value.
Saying that it should be alright in a weak solution. How much does it say for seedlings?

You do know, proper grow shops are open now.

IMPORTANT:
Just read the back of bottle, use ONLY 5ml of this food per gallon of water.
IMPORTANT:
When you mix this food into the water ,it can change the ph of the water. So you may have to change the ph back to 6.4

Hey Zef, could you send a pic from today? I’m about a week behind you (different strain and in the southwest of England) but using pretty much the same technique and I’m curious to see how you’re getting on. We’ve had a couple warm nights so mine seem to have grown a fair bit the last couple days.
Good to see ya Whitmaan.Good luck with the grow.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom