Zef's Stardawg x White Walker, Natural Greenhouse, 2020: Will Definitely Need Help

This is them right now. They are all different mixes of substrate but been treated the same. As you can see the size varies a bit, and the 2 smaller ones are a lighter shade of green. Hopefully they pull through.
IMG_20200518_175057.jpg
IMG_20200518_175054.jpg
IMG_20200518_175050.jpg
IMG_20200518_175044.jpg
I’m absolutely no expert as I’m on my first grow but they’re looking awesome! Are they mainly outside in the greenhouse by day and inside by night?

IMPORTANT:
Just read the back of bottle, use ONLY 5ml of this food per gallon of water.
IMPORTANT:
When you mix this food into the water ,it can change the ph of the water. So you may have to change the ph back to 6.4
I’m absolutely no expert as I’m on my first grow but they’re looking awesome! Are they mainly outside in the greenhouse by day and inside by night?
They are just in the greenhouse at the moment, day and night.

Looks great and yeah I follow your journal mate. Looking good. Im no expert but your sprout looks healthy!
Ahh wicked, glad it’s showing. I don’t think I’ve ever used a forum before so it’s all a bit new. That’s an impressive grow so far considering you haven’t got the warmest of temps! I was up at Fort William last year and it was Baltic in the middle of July. Looking forward to seeing how yours grow though so keep us updated

Lol, what is it with you and tomato food, you got shares?:laugh:
It looks better than the last one, at least this one has a N-P-K value on It. It's still a focus on flowering, has a little high K value.
Saying that it should be alright in a weak solution. How much does it say for seedlings?

You do know, proper grow shops are open now.
Haha I just watered yesterday, will i wait until dry before feeding or can I just dampen the dirt with a weak solution?

Slightly freaking oot. What is this!!!? Just noticed this on one of them.
IMG_20200519_102356.jpg
Yea, that's not good, have you got a magnifying device? Little jewelers loup or similar. It would be good to identify what they are. Looks a bit like a afid type bug to me, but I'm deffo no expert.

When I had bugs, I used some 100% pressed neem oil in warm water with a small dash of liquid soap, put in a spray bottle and soak. Be good to know what they are though.

Feeding.
That yellow one, I'd give it a little food now and then let it dry right out after.
The bigger ones I'd wait until their next water.

Yea, that's not good, have you got a magnifying device? Little jewelers loup or similar. It would be good to identify what they are. Looks a bit like a afid type bug to me, but I'm deffo no expert.

When I had bugs, I used some 100% pressed neem oil in warm water with a small dash of liquid soap, put in a spray bottle and soak. Be good to know what they are though.

Feeding.
That yellow one, I'd give it a little food now and then let it dry right out after.
The bigger ones I'd wait until their next water.
I dont think there are any bugs in this picture. Its marks on the leaf i think. I cant see any Aphids on the plant either. I can normally spot them now due to a war i had with them last summer on a sweet bell pepper plant i had. Terrible wee things. What do you reckon then? Could it be a defficiency or a problem with the roots? Drainage? I have no idea :passitleft:
IMG_20200519_111609.jpg
IMG_20200519_111605.jpg
IMG_20200519_111551.jpg

I dont think there are any bugs in this picture. Its marks on the leaf i think. I cant see any Aphids on the plant either. I can normally spot them now due to a war i had with them last summer on a sweet bell pepper plant i had. Terrible wee things. What do you reckon then? Could it be a defficiency or a problem with the roots? Drainage? I have no idea :passitleft:
IMG_20200519_111609.jpg
IMG_20200519_111605.jpg
IMG_20200519_111551.jpg
Thats a clearer picture, yea they look like marks in the leaf, it's either damage from something eating the leaf, or some sort of mold spaw*/fungi.

Have a good check under the leafs with a magnifier, that's where critters like to hide, that way we can rule inscects out or not.
If it is mold, you can pick up an anti fungal spray.

Ooft just noticed that on the macro pictures. What causes black spots?
My guess is that the cold has got some little mold spores/fungi going.
Stick a picture in the "pest, problems and disease " forum, it's in frequently asked questions, maybe get a couple more opinions. If that doesn't work, I'll see if I can tag in a few people.

If it's what I think it is, then a few sprays of either bought stuff or home made anti fungal spray should sort it.

My guess is that the cold has got some little mold spores/fungi going.
Stick a picture in the "pest, problems and disease " forum, it's in frequently asked questions, maybe get a couple more opinions. If that doesn't work, I'll see if I can tag in a few people.

If it's what I think it is, then a few sprays of either bought stuff or home made anti fungal spray should sort it.
Im going to try neem oil. Beautiful day today!! They seem to be enjoying it. I notice that everytime they are 'praying' towards the sun i turn them half. So they get a nice even tan haha. Here they are today. I dont think the wee one is gonna make it :( Looks more Yellow.
IMG_20200520_173018.jpg
IMG_20200520_173013.jpg
IMG_20200520_173010.jpg
IMG_20200520_173007.jpg

I was just reading an article about fungi, it was saying that one of the causes of leaf mold is spraying water often on the leaf, so maybe give that a rest.

The wee one looks well alright, I've seen worse make it. The rest of them are loving life, great looking girls.

Neem oil solution :
1 litre of warm water...not cold,not hot.
4ml neem oil......cold pressed 100%.
2 to 3 Drops of liquid soap......not scented.
Put in a spray bottle, shake,use.
Have a blinding evening zefs

I was just reading an article about fungi, it was saying that one of the causes of leaf mold is spraying water often on the leaf, so maybe give that a rest.

The wee one looks well alright, I've seen worse make it. The rest of them are loving life, great looking girls.

Neem oil solution :
1 litre of warm water...not cold,not hot.
4ml neem oil......cold pressed 100%.
2 to 3 Drops of liquid soap......not scented.
Put in a spray bottle, shake,use.
Have a blinding evening zefs
How are you today?! Here is a couple shots I took today. Terrible rain and wind.
IMG_20200522_132618.jpg
IMG_20200522_132245.jpg
IMG_20200522_132239.jpg
IMG_20200522_132233.jpg
IMG_20200522_132223.jpg

How are you today?! Here is a couple shots I took today. Terrible rain and wind.
IMG_20200522_132618.jpg
IMG_20200522_132245.jpg
IMG_20200522_132239.jpg
IMG_20200522_132233.jpg
IMG_20200522_132223.jpg
Alright zefs,
Yeah I'm good thnx bud, I've just had a bit of a bonus. I purchased 2 spider farmer Led lights, one of them they sent out is their new unreleased light, it's got all new tech on top of it. When I contacted them to ask why the other didn't have the new tech, they said it's a mistake, I shouldn't have the new light and they were pissed i got it at the old price, ha ha. bonus!!!

Few questions:
Have you seen anything crawling about your plants?
Has it got any worse? If nothing crawling around and it's not spreading, you might get away with it.
Is it just on the one plant?

It's a bit cloudy down here but the sun is still breaking through,I'll take that over rain.
Don't let them get to drowned,and when they dry out it's deffo time to feed them, what are they,about month and half old now?
Hope you're having a good day, I know you're used to the weather up there, I just hope that isn't summer over already.:)

Alright zefs,
Yeah I'm good thnx bud, I've just had a bit of a bonus. I purchased 2 spider farmer Led lights, one of them they sent out is their new unreleased light, it's got all new tech on top of it. When I contacted them to ask why the other didn't have the new tech, they said it's a mistake, I shouldn't have the new light and they were pissed i got it at the old price, ha ha. bonus!!!

Few questions:
Have you seen anything crawling about your plants?
Has it got any worse? If nothing crawling around and it's not spreading, you might get away with it.
Is it just on the one plant?

It's a bit cloudy down here but the sun is still breaking through,I'll take that over rain.
Don't let them get to drowned,and when they dry out it's deffo time to feed them, what are they,about month and half old now?
Hope you're having a good day, I know you're used to the weather up there, I just hope that isn't summer over already.:)
Wow thats lucky. Im sure that lucky light will provide you some tasty tasty nugs!! Happy days!! Im burnt to a crisp from the weekend haha.

I am personally certain that both times i checked this morning, that there was no bugs on any of the plants.
I went further and even checked under every shelf, in every little space, all over the rest of the plants in the greenhouse, in the substrate, under the rims of all plant pots and i have found nothing. No webbing between any leaves or anything. Its odd usually i can pick out an aphid a mile away but there just doesnt seem to be any. Its annoying as hell!
I have been cautious trying not to wet the leaves too.

Im burnt to a crisp from the weeken
Ha ha , us Brits, I'm like that. I had Scottish and Irish grand parents, so fair skinned, spent most Summers as a child , one big blister with freckles.

Gonna have to get something to spray the girls, there's deffo something going on, even if it stops, its good to prevent something else happening. Just hope it contains to one plant.
Yeah, if it was aphids they'd stand out a mile, it's smaller than that if it's a bug.

Ha ha , us Brits, I'm like that. I had Scottish and Irish grand parents, so fair skinned, spent most Summers as a child , one big blister with freckles.

Gonna have to get something to spray the girls, there's deffo something going on, even if it stops, its good to prevent something else happening. Just hope it contains to one plant.
Yeah, if it was aphids they'd stand out a mile, it's smaller than that if it's a bug.
What do you think of this genuis idea ive just had. Ladybugs... Make them a little house with ladybug access in the corner of my greenhouse, give them food and water and put 25 of them inside. I have heard they will devour most small soft bodied insects and have no interest in eating my weed, or any of the other fruits and vegetables i have in my greenhouse. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom