Zinc Deficiency?

RedEyeJedi01

One of my ladies, Berry Bomb, seems to be having some issues. She's about 1wk into flowering and about 5wks old. The soil PH is sitting pretty much at 7 and I'm about to flush with some clean, ph'd water but I just wanna get some other opinions and/or confirmation that this does indeed look like a Zinc def. Also, the white stuff all over is Diatomaceous Earth, sprayed them down a few days ago and I also keep them all covered evenly on their top soil. I am only seeing chlorosis on newer growth. They are currently being fed with the earth juice line up, orca liquid myco, calmag, greenfuse bloom stimulator and sensisym. Please let me know if you need more pics or info!

20160102_192147.jpg
20160102_192136.jpg
20160102_192131.jpg
20160102_192120.jpg
20160102_192111.jpg

I agree, definitely a non-mobile (attacking the new growth first) deficiency and it looks like zinc and maybe more... get that pH in check... more than likely your's is too high. Also, by that I mean your incoming fluids pH... I really don't care what my soil pH reads at since it is such a moving target that also moves over time... all your 7.0 soil pH tells me is that your soil is properly drifting upwards from the time you water or that you water with 7.0 water. Get that pH down to the proper level for your soil, to 6.3-6.8... and because of your deficiency, I would water a few times at 6.3 pH, just to be sure to pick up the non mobile trace elements. Let your soil do its thing... and the pH will drift upwards from the moment you water... just as it was designed to do.

I agree, definitely a non-mobile (attacking the new growth first) deficiency and it looks like zinc and maybe more... get that pH in check... more than likely your's is too high. Also, by that I mean your incoming fluids pH... I really don't care what my soil pH reads at since it is such a moving target that also moves over time... all your 7.0 soil pH tells me is that your soil is properly drifting upwards from the time you water or that you water with 7.0 water. Get that pH down to the proper level for your soil, to 6.3-6.8... and because of your deficiency, I would water a few times at 6.3 pH, just to be sure to pick up the non mobile trace elements. Let your soil do its thing... and the pH will drift upwards from the moment you water... just as it was designed to do.

So I've been watering the past two days with PH'd water, but the soil keeps bouncing back very quickly! I just can't get the PH down, very frustrating! Any suggestions? I'm using PH down, about 2-4 drops per gallon seems to get it low, at least according to my water test. I need this PH down last week!

stop watering... let your container dry out. When you water, soak the soil completely. When you water, make sure the pH is 6.5 (the fluid) and don't worry about the soil pH. If you completely saturate the soil, the soil has no choice... the pH will be what the incoming fluid is, and when part of it dries out, that part of it will revert to the soil's pH. This is what is supposed to happen... just let it do so.

Back
Top Bottom