Zinkopig's Unknown Collection CFL LST First Grow

Nice journal, I think this is a good place to watch, learn and hopefully help. Ya cant go wrong with FFOF.

Thanks for watching man i appreciate it!
That's what ive heard about FFOF and i like it so far, it actually tested the correct ph as apposed to MG which i couldn't get under 7.2 for the life of me.

Does anyone have any comment on my brown spots? After the transplant it seems they have stopped growing. Another one of them has yellow on the tip of a leaf now. Im really considering just restarting with this new soil, i have a feeling between using 5 year old plugs, MG soil from the start and transplanting so yound i would be better off just starting new seeds since im only 8 days in?

Really looking for suggestions im teetering on urgent, ive researched and researched and no ones seem to be just like mine! Little round spots in the middle of the leaf??

-Zinko:yummy:

Does anyone have any comment on my brown spots? After the transplant it seems they have stopped growing. Another one of them has yellow on the tip of a leaf now. Im really considering just restarting with this new soil, i have a feeling between using 5 year old plugs, MG soil from the start and transplanting so yound i would be better off just starting new seeds since im only 8 days in?

Really looking for suggestions im teetering on urgent, ive researched and researched and no ones seem to be just like mine! Little round spots in the middle of the leaf??

-Zinko:yummy:

Give them a little time to get acclimated to the new soil. Don't worry about a small brown spot on one of your young plants. If the spots continue on new growth then it may be time to worry. Don't start going overboard with the nutes yet. Just water them when necessary with plain water for the next couple of weeks. The FF has enough nutes for your seedlings to be happy for the next couple of weeks so don't start going overboard with the Grow Big, and Big Bloom yet. Relax and let photosynthesis happen.

Give them a little time to get acclimated to the new soil. Don't worry about a small brown spot on one of your young plants. If the spots continue on new growth then it may be time to worry. Don't start going overboard with the nutes yet. Just water them when necessary with plain water for the next couple of weeks. The FF has enough nutes for your seedlings to be happy for the next couple of weeks so don't start going overboard with the Grow Big, and Big Bloom yet. Relax and let photosynthesis happen.

Thanks for the advice man, almost all of my plants have small brown spots on their first set of leaves (they all for the most part have 6-8 leaves a piece at 8-9 days, so i know im doing something right. Im still considering starting new seeds if these don't pick up, DAMN MG never again! And ill never use plugs again the spongy plug and the soil ph will never match IMO as far as i have found.

nice to hear your plants are doing well.

Thanks man, they seem to be growing okay, esp for the stress I put them under but they ALL have spots and half have twisty leaves! My PH is good now though so im going to flush and possibly add perlite to the soil once it dries out. I didn't realize how much water FFOF holds!

Okay everyone (anyone?) who's watching here is a small update.
Im waiting for my soil to dry up so i can flush it real good, and see if i can get rid of my problems (leaf twisting brown spots in the middle of the leaf)
The closest thing i can find to my problem with the brown spots orginating from the middle and not effecting the veins is MAG deffciency, which is experienced at high ph (Like mine was for the first 8 days) so i am going to buy epsom salt and foliar feed them a light mix of that and RO water and let em sit in low light till it gets absorbed.

Pix
Day 11 average hight of all plants (so far ive done something good, they arent stretching!)
IMG_09187.JPG

Almost all of them have 10 leaves ( a few exceptions for 3 seeds started later in the game) This one you notice a light purpling of the leaves, i see this on all of my new leaves, normal?
IMG_091612.JPG

Im glad you asked, these pictures are bad quality from this camera (it doesn't like the 6500k bright light at all) I am using a Canon sx200is. I bought it new when it came out for just under 300. Before that i had the Canon sx100is and fell in love.
The camera has a super macro function that works well, but if you want even better results it has a magnified Manual Focus feature, very cool.
Both these cameras have all the features of a SLR, like shutter speed 15sec-1/2500, aperture adjustment, iso adjustment, ext... The auto mode does really good to (i use my camera for work) but macros fail bad in auto mode.

I always tell people, you can save up 70-200 and buy a camera that will take extremely sub par pix, and poorly built, or you can save 50-100 more and get a camera that is close to an SLR.

Anyway, as you can see i have a lot to say about this series of cameras and i know a lot about them, including a firmware hack that can bring your camera to the extreme of it abilities unleashing power that was covered up to make a price point.
When my sx100 died (in 2 years but i beat the shit out of it hiking on a weekly basis) i bought a sony... it was 300 and it SUCKED!! So i traded it for a Nikon AND IT SUCKED!! I went with sx200 even though it was barely different than my last one and ill be sticking to this line until i get a DSLR.

One more thing, the sx100is is 10MP and sx200 is 12. This degrades the quality, trying to pack so many pixels into a small sensor distorts the image, my sx100 even though 2 yrs older then sx200 technology took noticeably better pix.

If you have any questions about them or any other camera (ive tried many many) let me know!

Oh and anything that looks like i know what im doing is only thanks to this amazing community!!

Here are some pix for anyone interested.

This was called peanutbutter purps, best tasting weed ive EVER had hands down!!
Sx200is
IMG_8516_-_Copy.JPG

This guy was cool, rare here in my part of the desert
Sx100is
IMG_5687.jpg

Sx100is
IMG_4298-1.jpg

Sx100is
IMG_3035.jpg

This is a bowl sx100is
IMG_27062.jpg

Honestly all of these and all the pix ive posted so far are much much better quality than they appear, they come out at 4ish MB and have to be reduced to under 1mb for this site, and the smaller they are the less detail you can see without zoom ext... You can see fibers in pix of eyes i take with this, you can see the fiber and inking on paper no problem ext...

Anyone interested in this?? I started lights and on the 8th. 12 cfls running 24/0 2 pc fans one medium fan one large box fan and a ceiling fan run 24/0.
On the 15th i started running the air condish at 72 all day because my closet has an ac vent and it gets hot int there and the room its in, to compensate i started being more wise (turning off computers not in use, lights not in use, tv, ext...) and i got a positive result even though im running the air all day (it kicks on about once every 50min)
Point being if you use cfls, slightly adjusting your other power habits can even you out or even save you some.
I also replaced half my incadecent lighting on the 15th :)

dnc-xkd8l151.png

Update, my little bonsais are doing great after the flush last night. I put them in dark with hydrated leaves for 6 hours... Now i have a timer and they are going to get sleep for 4 hours a day now. But yeah, flush works great!!

Well this is day 13 from the day they came out of soil ( went back and verified all my dates and all this time i thought they were older than they really were :))

Im going to give them some mild nutes tonight because i think they are missing some CAL/MAG.

I have accidently burned 3 plants, 1 because it grew like a maniac and the others because my lights fell on them for a few minutes.

IMG_09943.JPG

IMG_09934.JPG

IMG_09914.JPG

IMG_09893.JPG

IMG_09846.JPG

IMG_09821.JPG

IMG_09813.JPG

IMG_09802.JPG

Am i talking to myself? Wheres the love?!

Hah I know what you mean Z, go through all that trouble taking nice pics, editing them, resizing and uploading, and the journal winds up on page 3 with no attention paid to it :p

I just keep it runnin' cause I started it, probably won't do it again for the next run, maybe make a new one with a new room in the future.

But, you got no choice but keeping this updated 'till harvest because at least I'm watching, don't worry :p
Explosive growth should be kickin' in right about now, yeah?

Haha yeah ill keep it going for sure, I was just being a puss lol!
Plants are looking good and explosive growth hasn't kicked in, but they are growin for sure! They are fighting for the light and I kinda want to chop 2 to make room, man i wish i could afford a MH right now!
Heres some pix of the "girls"!
Maybe someone could give me a hint as to what some of these are strain wise? I doubt it, but that would be awesome!
Thanks to all who are watching tips questions and suggestions are always welcome!

3/25 Day 15 from sprout 17 from planting.

The tallest one :)
IMG_06793.JPG

This one i believe must be indica or something, it grows way different than the rest, its stacking all of its leaves in the middle really dense-like, whereas the rest of them are really starting to branch out. Any comments?
IMG_06785.JPG

Most of the stems are fatter than this one, im very happy they have very strong stems, now i haven't grown before so i can't say for sure, but i think my fans blowing strongly on them has really beefed up the stem...
IMG_06772.JPG

IMG_06763.JPG

See the yellowing on the leaf to the left? Im not sure what it is but it hasn't gotten any worse. Im really not worried, im just glad my twisting and spots are gone!
IMG_06734.JPG

IMG_06714.JPG

Back
Top Bottom