Storm Damage

Hozona

I had two of my outside girls blown over in a very strong windstorm. I staked them back up immediately and one of the two looks a little sickly after 5 days...I hate to lose her because she was on the starting phase of the budding process. Anyone had this happen before?
IMG_009312.JPG
IMG_009416.JPG

Here is todays photo....weeded, loosened up the soil, and removed water....they are on a slow drip system. The one on the right was folded over pretty bad by the wind and rain (lots of rain).... should dry out in the next day or so...I also packed more soil mix around the base and gave it a little bit of nutes...cross your fingers for me ;-)
IMG_009622.JPG

The one on the right is a goner (as far as yield goes)... you took clones from it I see but I wouldn't waste time taking care of the mom now. Sad to see her go.

The one at the bottom left is probably the one that will be the new mother plant because it is throwing out roots all over the net basket. The other three I'll veg until 8" tall and immediately into bloom cycle. :thumb:
Changed my mind a little gonna do some 'sperimentin' LST

The storm damaged plant on the right looks like she is done shedding leaves and the buds are turning purple already. Guess I'll just be patient to see if she comes back or not. The one on the left is forming nice, large colas...

Here are some up-date shots. The storm damage did its' best to kill the girl on the right, but even though she appeared to be on her last legs, she is looking like she'll be around until Fall harvest. I also planted a seed that I had from some really good bud and she just declared today! The pre-flowering wasn't as telling with this plant for some reason, but I am seeing pistles in the new growth. My clones seem to be thriving in the hydro and will go into the flowering closet except for the biggest, healthiest one who will now be my mother plant. Since I only try to grow what I feel I can use this grow has about a 90 day turn around. I am working on shortening the veg cycle, but also experimenting with some of the other ways to increase yield from only 2 or 3 plants.
IMG_010519.JPG
IMG_010613.JPG
IMG_010716.JPG
:allgood:

Four Days later update...the storm damaged plant on right seems to be producing new leaves....Will get something from her. The one on the left (clone of same mother) seems to be thickening up alot...
After_Storm4.JPG
The outside plant I sprouted from seed directly into the planter is doing well. She is adapting well to LST as much as I am. (My first attempt) All the tops are facing up and I can see that this should be an amazing harvest from just 1 plant.
From_Seed_LST_1.JPG
The clones of my storm damaged plants are doing well in hydro and as soon as my bloom closet is done (a week or two) I will clone these girls and then off to my first indoor LST experiment, then bloom.
clones411.JPG
:xmas:

I decided today to concentrate on my best clone and transplanted the 3 others outside. It was a great day to transplant, overcast with a light sprinkle now and then. I decided that we still had a whole lotta nice weather to come and since I had a really slow start this year compared to last, I wanted to put my girls outside to see what happens. I am LSTing the mother, then I will clone and bloom her. I am having a real good time experimenting! Pictures to follow. I won't be moving the mother into the bloom closet until I harvest the two in there now. I should be in the harvest mode for my outside girls some time in November...

Yeah today shouldnt be too late to put our smaller or medium sized babies outside to start flowering for us west coast folk. I am putting some out myself today too. We may get some purpling but thats no biggy and it looks cool :).

GJ and maybe you can teach me a thing or two about cloning as I have has terrible success with it so far :/

Cloning can be really easy or really hard depending on where the clone comes from on the plant, how much light and humidity you provide, and get cloning GEL not powder, and I like to clone in rock wool cubes or jiffy pots if going outside. I use a 2' T5 on an adjustable stand I will post some pictures with description the next time I clone.:peace:
Yeah today shouldnt be too late to put our smaller or medium sized babies outside to start flowering for us west coast folk. I am putting some out myself today too. We may get some purpling but thats no biggy and it looks cool :).

GJ and maybe you can teach me a thing or two about cloning as I have has terrible success with it so far :/

I decided today to concentrate on my best clone and transplanted the 3 others outside. It was a great day to transplant, overcast with a light sprinkle now and then. I decided that we still had a whole lotta nice weather to come and since I had a really slow start this year compared to last, I wanted to put my girls outside to see what happens. I am LSTing the mother, then I will clone and bloom her. I am having a real good time experimenting! Pictures to follow. I won't be moving the mother into the bloom closet until I harvest the two in there now. I should be in the harvest mode for my outside girls some time in November...
Here are the pics I promised. The first is an update of the storm damaged plants recovery.
After_Storm5.JPG
Close-up_of_new_growth.JPG
The next is my outdoor LST experiment
LST215.JPG
Close-up_bud_formation.JPG
And last is of my recently transplanted clones. The two in smaller pots will be transplanted into larger pots after the clones take root in their new home
Three_clones_transplanted.JPG

UPDATE ! I didn't post latest pic of Storm Damaged plants for a few days. Thickening, sugaring up, looking good!
After_Storm7.JPG
Left_plant_cola2.JPG
I am happy with the recovery of both! I wish the girl on the right hadn't been damaged so badly, but she looks like there is thickening and extending happening on her also. :thumb:

Nice, getting ready to harvest!
NOT QUITE YET....Here is a pic of the plant today 9/25... Colas thickening and starting to resin up. The plant on the right seems to have appreciated the TLC I have been giving her. She looks as if she has kicked into FULL PRODUCTION MODE! :slide:
After_Storm8.JPG

Back
Top Bottom