Yield amount?

goodstuff

Can anyone on here who's grown out of a cash crop 5.0 grow box or something similar give me a rough estimate of what realistically I can expect to yield at harvest time. I'm trying to find the best option for growing with the limited space I have. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you're doing that, save yourself the money and headaches, get a micro tent setup or use an old dresser.

All the reviews of this setup that I have seen are less than impressive, mainly due to the crap lights used.

You can do a completely bubbler setup in a cabinet with 250W of CFL lighting for about $200 if you do it right. And you would get a lot more put of it than anything that grow box would produce.

Yeah I was thinking about a tent it just seems that a box would be a little more convenient but I did look into that box some more and the more and more I read the less I wanted to go with it so I think I am going to go with a tent probably 4 feet tall. Now onto my next problem. Seeing as it's going to only be about 4 feet do you think if I went with a full spectrum led that I could get some pretty dense buds from my grow? I know a lot depends on strain but from what I've read the lumens from the light make all the difference in weight. What's your opinion on lighting? And thanks for your help.

i run 600w hps in a 1mx1m i got just over 450g dry weight in the tent and im not a pro, i was going to buy a led light but there super expensive for a really good one, i started of with the tent and a cheap cfl to veg them up, then few weeks after i got the hps then a 4" exhaust and still got a great yield.

i run 600w hps in a 1mx1m i got just over 450g dry weight in the tent and im not a pro, i was going to buy a led light but there super expensive for a really good one, i started of with the tent and a cheap cfl to veg them up, then few weeks after i got the hps then a 4" exhaust and still got a great yield.

What was the height of your tent if you don't mind me asking? The one I'm thinking about getting is about 4 feet which is why I wanted to go with led since it takes up less room and doesn't get as hot. With such a short tent I'd lose a lot of height for my plant with an hps setup. That's why I was leaning towards led. Saves me some space to grow a little bigger. But not sure if it's worth losing all that intensity of light that the hps gives the plants.

3'x3'x7' under 400w =3/4lb
4x4x7 under 600w =1lb
5x5x7 under 1000w = 1.5lb
That's a plus or minus in yield, with a healthy garden with a two foot deep canopy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

1.8m so just under 6ft, im running it again now but my plants are LST trained, well my first time and between the light and the roof of the tent is 17" and my extraction is not turned on and there 6 weeks into flower, vent is open and intake fan is on.

heard good things and bad things about led but iv always ran hps and got quite dense nugs after cure

if you train them properly and keep them low you could make quite a vast amount, im only learning and seem to be getting a few extra g's each time

If you're worried about yield, just go hydro. Nothing grows a MJ plant faster or bigger and yields are always impressive.

I did find a pretty good deal on a hydro grow box but I saw that the inside is lined with aluminum instead of Mylar. Do you think that would be as effective?

I've read that aluminum gets pretty hot. So that would concern me. As for your question on height, I would think 4 feet would be a little small. Indicas typically get about 3 feet tall, Sativas can get much larger. But you figure 3 feet + at least a foot of space between your plant and light + at least another 6 inches from the ceiling to the bottom of your light (including the strands they hang from) = roughly 4 1/2 feet. My tent is 5 feet and with some LST'ing to keep the height down, I'd say it's adequate. Really wish I went with a 6 or 7 footer though.

Hydroponic is better for veg. But problems arise faster than soil. Pre-made grow boxes are a waste of money. Cheaper to buy a tent kit setup. Definitely better yeilds.

I've read that aluminum gets pretty hot. So that would concern me. As for your question on height, I would think 4 feet would be a little small. Indicas typically get about 3 feet tall, Sativas can get much larger. But you figure 3 feet + at least a foot of space between your plant and light + at least another 6 inches from the ceiling to the bottom of your light (including the strands they hang from) = roughly 4 1/2 feet. My tent is 5 feet and with some LST'ing to keep the height down, I'd say it's adequate. Really wish I went with a 6 or 7 footer though.

As far as I know aluminum disperses heat very well that's why it's used in radiators, heat sinks, CPU towers, etc. it cools very rapidly compared to other metals.

If you're decent with a saw and drill, you can build a cabinet for less than $100. I am building a 5x2x6 custom cabinet with three separate grow chambers inside for about $150 in raw materials.

As far as I know aluminum disperses heat very well that's why it's used in radiators, heat sinks, CPU towers, etc. it cools very rapidly compared to other metals.

If you're decent with a saw and drill, you can build a cabinet for less than $100. I am building a 5x2x6 custom cabinet with three separate grow chambers inside for about $150 in raw materials.

Makes sense. I know the M16 and the M4 rifles use aluminum in the foregrip to help cool the barrel. I read in The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green, though, that aluminum retained much more heat than Mylar. Then again, it was discussing using aluminum foil. Maybe there's a difference.

With regards to aluminum (foil specifically) ... The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green, Version 2, pages 138 & 139:

"Aluminum foil is actually a very poor reflector, highly heat conductive, and very dangerous to use in a grow room. Aluminum foil only has 30 to 60 percent reflectivity at best, raises the temperature of the item on which it is used (the reflector, pot lid, electrical cord, wall, etc.) and can burn easily. Avoid using aluminum foil. Growers who line the walls with aluminum foil will eventually find the place falling down around them. If you have no option but to use aluminum foil, then it is suggested that you use the dull side rather than the shiny side. In the meantime, make sure you place an order for a cheap can of flat white paint that will give you almost 99 percent reflectivity for a couple of years."

Now, if you're looking at straight aluminum vs. aluminum foil, maybe it's a different situation. I don't know. But this is word for word what I read on the topic. Hope this helps.

Panda wrap works if you can't afford mylar. I'd rather use flat base painted wood than aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom