DWC - LED - Closet Grow

c0bblep0t

Hello , so after wasting 3months and as many seedlings plus a clone I've learnt that my water was too cold , seeing the error of my ways my res temp is now 25c and my seedling is going well and has roots out of net pot already (only 5days old ) my question is how should I go about bringing temp down as I know colder water carries more oxygen, I'm guessing gradually over 2-3 weeks but how long should I let it go before I start ? I have a chiller , temps in closet about 27c
Capture176.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I don't have any experience with chillers, but since you haven't had response I'll try to help. I'd think bring it down fairly quick. Maybe over a couple hours if you wanted to play it safe. I've read the ideal temp is about 21c.

Mine sits consistently at 22-23c which is slightly high. I use ice blocks in zip lock bags occasionally if things get too hot and I have a big air pump, haven't had any issues yet. But my point is that I'm sure the ice blocks have touched the roots at some point, so I wouldn't think dropping 4 degrees over a couple hours would be fine. Basically get it down so you don't run into any nasty sht like root rot.

Good luck

If you run much past 21c you run the risk of root rot. Be sure to use some sort of beneficial bacteria.....hydroguard, sensizym, z7, etc. if you keep it that warm. If you run a chiller go ahead and let it do its job over a couple hours. It probably won't take that long in a small res.

If you run into any problems with dwc feel free to give me a shout. I'll help if I can. :)

I have an Advanced DS-200 led grow thread.... only 185 watts at the wall...I was satisfied with the 6 oz i got with it...That light draws twice as much at the wall.... I'm sure it could replace one of my ss315 lights... I would expect a 1 lb+ scrog using that light...
Being a realist, I seriously doubt they'll be giving me one to prove what a great grower i am.......

I have an Advanced DS-200 led grow thread.... only 185 watts at the wall...I was satisfied with the 6 oz i got with it...That light draws twice as much at the wall.... I'm sure it could replace one of my ss315 lights... I would expect a 1 lb+ scrog using that light...
Being a realist, I seriously doubt they'll be giving me one to prove what a great grower i am.......

Yea I got approx 250g from last grow which I was happy with , was going to do scrog this grow but I didn't start training early enough

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Because i dont know much. Is it normal to have the yellowing on the sides of all leaves. How should one correct this if its not normal

Because i dont know much. Is it normal to have the yellowing on the sides of all leaves. How should one correct this if its not normal

It's not normal. Little bit of nutrient burn. Too much nutrients. But it's not really a big deal. Mine are burnt on the tips only.
The plant looks really great though. Bet then buds are awesome.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Back
Top Bottom