Mcloadie's Second Grow Journal

I guess I'll do this again. Here we go:

Grow space is 37" x 66" x 8'
It is located in a bathroom bi pass closet with the doors removed.
Strains are as follows;
1 ea.- pow33 x ch9 - seed
1 ea.- afghan kush - seed
1 ea.- caramelo - seed
2 ea.- rpv kush ( my breeding ) seed
1 ea.- 7ymexikush clone ( my strain )
7 ea.- northern lights x big bud clones (further referred to as 2x )

My water is hard and Ph neutral

I will be growing in two gallon plastic nursery pots, with Dr. Earth Homegrown potting soil. I'll be using Dr. Earth nutrients unless I feel the need to use something else I have, which is not uncommon for me. I will be using blackstrap molasses on non-feeding days when I water and later on every time I service the plants.

The main focus of my grows is to provide me with medicine for my head and back. I am focused on growing high quality, organic cannabis, in quantities to supply my needs. So far so good, I was down to roaches when I capped my last harem, ok, but I prefer the first half of the joint and only necessity will cause me to deviate. I'm working toward a perpetual supply of weed and have plants in three different stages of growth and development. Plants in full bloom, preflower, and three are still being sexed. These plants went into flower at 6-8" as I plan on eliminating the wasted underportion of the plants wher the popcorn buds grow in the shade. My light is pretty good for the first 24" and these plants should finish at 18" with no little buds. I hope that someone gains something from this besides me, that's the only reason I'm doing this journal. I'm quite content with my life and I'm pretty much a hermit, disabled, caring for my plants and ole lady. ( not necessarily in that order! ).

I will be using 1- Indagro 420 pro induction light
1- Edenpure personal heater
1- Walgreens evaporative humidifier
4- various fans
1- dual output aquarium air pump
1- cheap ass timer

Re: Mcloadies second grow journal

Ok, so I grew seeds and clones until they were established enough to take fertilizer. They were at 6-8" when this was accomplished and they went under the indagro at that time to 12/12 lighting. The oldest plants have been in 10 days, the youngest were put in this morning. An interesting note; all the clones were taken just before preflower. They stayed in preflower under 24 hours light the entire time they were rooting and growing ( about two weeks ). When I put them into 12/12 they immediately went into flower, I mean right now, and I had trichome development at 4 days under 12/12. I'm calling northern lights x big bud clones 2x. I'm sick of typing it out every time I refer to them. The 2x is in the lead as far as trich development, with 7y close behind. I've grown this plant a few times and never had any trichs before 30 days of 12/12, indicating that the clone may have received some of its age from it's mother. Clones seem to be quicker to react to changing photoperiods than seeds. I applied the first feeding to all sexed plants today with dr. earth flower girl bloom booster. I made a tea of dr. earth kelp meal, which was put in a sock and alowed to bubble in my bucket overnight, and I watered in the fetilizer with it. My feed/water schedule is a rotation of bloom nutes one time, molasses and water the next, and anything I think might be required at any point and will note what those things are when I do/use them. I also decided to supercrop this time after very favorable results with an experiment in my last grow. I was afraid to do it, but knowing that I can fill my closet with plants pretty quickly, my confidence drove me to learn how to do it. Somehow I missed the point of working the stem between the finger and thumb BEFORE BENDING to loosen it up and break down the fibres that will cause the stem to break when bent. Pics soon......later. Grow space is at 75 degrees F and 50% Rh, all fans are a-blowin, humidifier is humidifyin, heater is a heatin!

First pics; 7y
011517.JPG
The entire brood
007778.JPG
2x preflower
0031080.JPG
Growspace configuration
0011136.JPG
Sexing rpv
008716.JPG
2x beginning of flower
010608.JPG
Bud from last grow ( mexikush supercropped )
004998.JPG

Lookin good McLoadie!

Everything is good, it's takin a minute to get used to these pots. I like the felt pots I used last time, but I just get the feeling I don't need that much soil for my needs. I may fold them down and use them for next round. Almost all the pots have different moisture levels and I'm workin on bringin that together so I can water all at the same time.

Funny, I was tryin to shorten my plants this grow, and I think I've bonsai'd them. I predict these plants will finish at less than 24", hopefully more light penetration and less wasted energy on smaller growth. I doubled my space and plants for this grow and I'm plenty excited as I have room to spread these girls out a little, I've never grown indoors when the pots weren't touching each other.

Mind if I pop in for a spell?

I'm excited to watch that induction lamp kick it! :)

Been eyeballin' them at the hydro shop. Want!

:)

:popcorn:

K

Everything is growin great, I think I have a boy and will move it and grow it for the pollen. I will cross it back with the mexikush as it is the original bubblegum kush I bred the bagseed with on the first cross. I would like to raise the the amount of trichomes on this variety ( then wouldn't everybody), It has the physical traits I'm looking for already, needs more sugar. The big bud x northern kights I'm growin is sooooooo frosty, I ended up with 4 seeds by crossing it with the mexikush and they're germinating now. Not the best lookin seeds I ever saw and I'm not sure they'll even pop, but if they do, these plants will be called Yeti, like the abominable snowman. Probly pics tomorrow, it's nute day then too!, 2 gallons water, 8 tablespoons dr. earth liquid concentrate and two tablespoons molasses. I'm always wonderin if these plants are getting enough nutes, I've given them full doses, 3 days apart, and they just loved it! I guess I'll never really know til I burn em. Organic nutes seem to take 4 or 5 days to show effects, except for the urine I used in earlier grows, and that shit hit real fast! I took alot of heckling from coupla growers for putting urine on my plants, but...LOL....the product will speak for itself! Peace. BTW, don't piss in yur plants, and if you're growin organic make sure you have clean piss, and mix it at 10% piss, 90% water, and watch what happens!

Good morning everyone, I watered and fed this morning with dr earth liquid concentrate and molasses which had been aerated for two days. I keep a bucket of water aerating all the time, then when I forsee the need to water I mix whatever in it and let it bubble til it's time to apply. Some folks have been discusssing clones and how their environment affects their growth and development. I am also noticing differences in clones due to the area of the plant which the cuttings were taken. These two plants aren't a perfect example as one was supercropped extensively, the other minimally. Anyhow these cuttings are the same age, one taken from upper rapidly growing material, the other from the lowest branch. Plant on the right was taken from upper growing shoots, on the left the lowest ( first ) one.
0011145.JPG
Progress of the melee!
0021146.JPG

Back
Top Bottom