Mcloadie's Second Grow Journal

Re: Mcloadies second grow journal

Kona, my fave! Well Afghan Kush is a girl!, and to usher her into my harem I immediately supercropped her top branches, ( My ole lady was in the shower and said to me; " are you supercropping?, it smells like spring " ), LOL. If I was to keep plants this low, I can have plants in flower at all times and harvest monthly. I love supercropping!

Another girl! This time it's what I refer to as RPV, which is the original bubblegum kush I bred with the maxican bagseed to get mexikush. I got a cheap ionic air cleaner, brand new from the flea market. I cleaned it after 4 days and I would say it works as dirty as it was. I'm still supercropping the younger plants, I am getting better at the actual injury, now I'll see my mistakes at harvest. Thanks for all your help everyone, you are accelerating the learning process greatly.

this is from 420 member "Inkdot" (not sure how to add link)

Recipie: North Indian cannabis milk drink (a great use of fresh fan leaves or trim)
Hello. I learned to make this drink in the state Punjab of India. It's a great way to use all those fan leaves after harvest or after defoliation techniques.

It can of course be done with frosty bud trim or even bud material, then it will be more psychoactive head high and more potent.

If you only use the fan leaves you can still get a soaring body high since the insides of those leaves contain much more CBDs and other cannabinoids than THC. The effects can still be intense though and I suppose it might be good to try for medication as with a CBD high edible.

Recipie:

You'll need:
Milk and/or cream (if only milk, use as high fat as possible and simmer a little longer)
Fresh cannabis plant material. Works also for only fan leaves, even from a plant in veg.
Cloth, sieve or sifter to separate wet gooey plant material from the liquid (cloth over a cooking pot works nice because you can tie it as a sack around and squeeze all liquid out)
Flavors for the finished drink. Flavor as you please. I used cinnamon, sweet hazel paste, a little dark chocolate (melted into the milk) and a small shot of rum. In India they used cinnamon, cardamom, almond, some kind of sweetener and poppy seeds. I have to try this with coffee next!

Ok, on to the cooking.

Boil enough water to cover the fresh leaves, stems or trim.
Add plant material to water. Gently boil for a few minutes (or longer) while poking the leaves with an appliance to make a water infusion. You wanna get rid of as much chlorophyll and nutrients as possible while softening the plant material to make it more gooey.
Use sieve or cloth to separate. Throw away the water while saving the plant material. Try to get rid of as much water as possible by pressing and squeezing.
Put gooey plant matter back in a cooking pot and spread out evenly.
Add cream or milk. To get the most potent drink, use mostly cream in the mixture and just barely cover the plant matter. If you use higher quality plant matter you can add more milk to dilute and drown everything completely.
Gently simmer with lid on at low temperature for at least 30 min (up to two hours if you're patient). Check the state of things every 5 to 10 minutes, stir the mixture and mash the leaves. Add water or milk if needed and don't let it go to a hard boil, just a light simmer. I use a spray bottle with water to dilute and keep it from boiling too hard.
Use sieve or cloth to separate. This time keep the liquid and throw away the plant material that has now been depleted of fat soluble cannabinoids.
You can add flavors at the end or earlier in the cooking. I tend to add the flavors the last 10 minutes of simmering to let them absorb better into the milk/cream.

About dosage. I used a big hand full of fresh fan leaves (from plants in veg that I defoliated). This gave me about a pint of cream/milk mixture of 10% fat content that tasted very good and gave me a soaring body high for many hours. Once you get the hang on potency etc you can cook big batches and put in fridge!

In India they prefer to use blooming bush weed (using the whole plant) but when I was there the plants had just started flowering and there were no buds but it still knocked me on my ass!

I found this after I made first test , whitch tasted like fresh cut lawn.
this recipe major improvment,manly the remuvale of the chlora--green stuff
Warning much stonger than one might think for something that normally gets trashed.
:peace:

me nether. No matter how much we know we can always learn more.
My wife is trying to figure out how to use in natural soaps and lotions too.

Bro, I am interested in the creams too, like beauty products, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about using the weed for skin products, skin cancer, scars, it would probly help with acne too!

Haha, I got a seed to pop from big bud x northern lights x mexikush! I only got 3 seeds off this plant, so I hope all goes well. Plants doing well, I've been really holding out to water, I'd like to see just one lower leaf start to wilt, just to confirm that I'm watering at the optimum time. When I first water, my plants kinda sag, and droop a little, they really perk up the second day and seem to grow vigorously for two more days after that and then slow a bit. That being said, it appears that they have a perfect moisture content they prefer, I'm wondering if this condition could be maintained more consistantly with a drip watering system, properly adjusted. Anybody ever run a drip?

Hey McLoadie!

Great posts coming on here!

I'm totally making some ice cream! :)

I think you're right on where to take cuttings. In my limited experience, taking a cutting from a mid point shoot at the very end of stretch seems to roots fastest and grow strongest.

It's amazing the amount of stuff I've learned in the last 5mos. ;)

Loving this journal!!

K

Hey McLoadie!

Great posts coming on here!

I'm totally making some ice cream! :)

I think you're right on where to take cuttings. In my limited experience, taking a cutting from a mid point shoot at the very end of stretch seems to roots fastest and grow strongest.

It's amazing the amount of stuff I've learned in the last 5mos. ;)

Loving this journal!!

K

Thanks bro for the input, so many things to experiment with. I agree, it is amazing the information bein passed around here, this is the perfect format for our passion ( in the current political climate....LOL ). I'm coming on my first year anniversary of growing, and I've learned everything about this particular plant I know from here. All you guys have given me the confidence it takes to grow. Thanks!

Thanks bro for the input, so many things to experiment with. I agree, it is amazing the information bein passed around here, this is the perfect format for our passion ( in the current political climate....LOL ). I'm coming on my first year anniversary of growing, and I've learned everything about this particular plant I know from here. All you guys have given me the confidence it takes to grow. Thanks!

Couldn't agree more. And happy almost anniversary!!:high-five:

:love::420::thumb:

:clap:

K

Hey McLoadie :byebye:

This journal is proof you can have a productive breeding program with limited space! Amazing!

this is from 420 member "Inkdot" (not sure how to add link)

Recipie: North Indian cannabis milk drink (a great use of fresh fan leaves or trim)
Hello. I learned to make this drink in the state Punjab of India. It's a great way to use all those fan leaves after harvest or after defoliation techniques.

It can of course be done with frosty bud trim or even bud material, then it will be more psychoactive head high and more potent.

If you only use the fan leaves you can still get a soaring body high since the insides of those leaves contain much more CBDs and other cannabinoids than THC. The effects can still be intense though and I suppose it might be good to try for medication as with a CBD high edible.

Recipie:

You'll need:
Milk and/or cream (if only milk, use as high fat as possible and simmer a little longer)
Fresh cannabis plant material. Works also for only fan leaves, even from a plant in veg.
Cloth, sieve or sifter to separate wet gooey plant material from the liquid (cloth over a cooking pot works nice because you can tie it as a sack around and squeeze all liquid out)
Flavors for the finished drink. Flavor as you please. I used cinnamon, sweet hazel paste, a little dark chocolate (melted into the milk) and a small shot of rum. In India they used cinnamon, cardamom, almond, some kind of sweetener and poppy seeds. I have to try this with coffee next!

Ok, on to the cooking.

Boil enough water to cover the fresh leaves, stems or trim.
Add plant material to water. Gently boil for a few minutes (or longer) while poking the leaves with an appliance to make a water infusion. You wanna get rid of as much chlorophyll and nutrients as possible while softening the plant material to make it more gooey.
Use sieve or cloth to separate. Throw away the water while saving the plant material. Try to get rid of as much water as possible by pressing and squeezing.
Put gooey plant matter back in a cooking pot and spread out evenly.
Add cream or milk. To get the most potent drink, use mostly cream in the mixture and just barely cover the plant matter. If you use higher quality plant matter you can add more milk to dilute and drown everything completely.
Gently simmer with lid on at low temperature for at least 30 min (up to two hours if you're patient). Check the state of things every 5 to 10 minutes, stir the mixture and mash the leaves. Add water or milk if needed and don't let it go to a hard boil, just a light simmer. I use a spray bottle with water to dilute and keep it from boiling too hard.
Use sieve or cloth to separate. This time keep the liquid and throw away the plant material that has now been depleted of fat soluble cannabinoids.
You can add flavors at the end or earlier in the cooking. I tend to add the flavors the last 10 minutes of simmering to let them absorb better into the milk/cream.

About dosage. I used a big hand full of fresh fan leaves (from plants in veg that I defoliated). This gave me about a pint of cream/milk mixture of 10% fat content that tasted very good and gave me a soaring body high for many hours. Once you get the hang on potency etc you can cook big batches and put in fridge!

In India they prefer to use blooming bush weed (using the whole plant) but when I was there the plants had just started flowering and there were no buds but it still knocked me on my ass!

I found this after I made first test , whitch tasted like fresh cut lawn.
this recipe major improvment,manly the remuvale of the chlora--green stuff
Warning much stonger than one might think for something that normally gets trashed.

Thanks for that LF. Back in the old days, we called this bang. None of knew to use water first though. We would make the milk, then use that to make edibles. If we were brave, we would drink a little of the bang. Didn't taste great (we didn't know to boil to remove chlorophyll), but it fucked you up! We weren't using trimmings though. We used just regular old mexi weed (this was San Diego in the 90s) that we could get cheap.

Now I'm mad I threw away all the fan leaves I removed. I'm not sure of the volume or weight, but I bet they would be a couple gallons AFTER they are all limp. They are still in the trash bag (empty hydrocorn bag) in the basement. It's a 40L bag, and they are about 40% of the volume of the bag! Oh well. I'll be making more tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom