Driftme's Return To Hydro - Chem 4 OG - Hydro - Soil - LED - CO2

driftme

Hey guys, back again with another grow. Hopefully my best yet, as I'm starting with some badass and eager looking clones.

Strain: Chem 4 OG (Chemdawg 4 x SFV OG Kush) - Indica dominant hybrid
Medium: GenHydro Powergrower Eco, organic soil in 3L airpots
Environment: One plant is outside in a large pot. The hydro and the four plants in airpots are inside in my grow tent.
Light: Two 90w LED lights
Temp of Room: 74-82
RH of Room: 40%
PH of media or res: 5.5
Nutes: GenHydro 3-part Flora system

OK so basically there's a lot going on with this grow. Starting from six Chem 4 OG clones purchased from my local collective. Very strong candidates, with plenty of roots showing and new growth peeking out. I'll run through what each clone is going to be doing.

Clone 1: Hydro/LED/CO2
Clones 2-5: Organic soil mix in 3L airpots/LED/CO2
Clone 6: Organic soil mix in standard large pot, under the sun (outside)

I don't have the CO2 going yet, but I'm just going to be using GreenPads, I've used them before and they work great and are affordable. Waiting on my shipment to arrive. I'm also shopping for additional lighting. I want to add more LED light, and maybe a second tent.

Anyway, they're looking healthy and like they're adapting to their permanent homes. I have tons of pictures and video to post, and now that I have internet (yay) i'll be doing that today. Stay tuned =]

Re: Driftme's Return to Hydro - Chem 4 OG (hydro/soil/led/co2)

here are some pictures of the clones from the night i brought them home. (oh yea this grow was technically started 5/1/13, thats when they were put in the permanent homes)

still in the box i carried them in
IMG_0424_cleaned.JPG

these two clones grew together. i had to slice that root, but they all seem to be doing fine still.
IMG_0428_cleaned.JPG

IMG_0433_cleaned.JPG
IMG_0432_cleaned.JPG
IMG_0431_cleaned.JPG
IMG_0430_cleaned.JPG
IMG_0429_cleaned.JPG

i'll have more pictures of the grow setup and the clones later today, 4 full days after being placed in their mediums. i accidentally deleted them and its nighttime for them right now =]

Damn. The one i had outside ended up getting some direct sunlight today (i lost track of time and didnt move it to the shade) and wilted. I brought it inside and misted it, hoping it comes back. I think it will, it was looking quite strong.

Was going to take pictures during the light hour, but ended up running out of time. Had to do some surgery to the hydro setup. The drip ring wasn't quite working, and i noticed i'm missing the bottom t-joint.. so i had to rearrange the pieces until it worked. Hydro store is open tomorrow so I'll be getting the necessary part to get it working 100%. Tomorrow I'll also be adding three 4" airstones to the res, powered by a separate pump, to charge the water with as much oxygen as possible.

Excited to take and post more pictures later.

For now.. its sour headband time.

awesome! the one that got blasted by the direct midday sun today is recovering, and will make it. no more droopy leaves, its still a bit groggy but i'm sure by this evening itll be snapped back to attention!

IMG_0473_1_1.JPG

took a quick video of the setup in the tent. need to set up a fresh youtube account to host it though

and of course more pictures!

outside one... recovering nicely.
IMG_048319.JPG

just gave these their first good dousing
IMG_048226.JPG

hydro!
IMG_047719.JPG
IMG_047814.JPG

more tent pics
IMG_047916.JPG
IMG_048012.JPG
IMG_048119.JPG

OH also... I didn't mention it before but i'm using the gas lantern light cycle.. so lights are on from 8pm to 8am, and for an hour during the dark period during veg.

Everything looks great! Im excited to see the difference between dirt and hydro and the one outside. I was curious how many hours of sunlight are you getting per day currently in your part of the world?

lol i know. the thing im most excited about i think is the difference in mediums and lighting. also i've never grown outside. this strain supposedly reaches 7' so i'm going to be extending the height of my fence

as far as sunlight is concerned, sunrise-sunset is about 14hrs right now.

here's the short video clip i took yesterday. going to upload another today. same thing basically but in normal light. and of course pictures. sorry for the blurriness on the hydro pics ><

[video=youtube;PNdgQtQZ2rI]
[/video]

IMG_049122.JPG
IMG_049018.JPG
IMG_049220.JPG
IMG_049316.JPG
IMG_049619.JPG

OK res water is changed. Checked ph of the old water before dumping, it was at 6.2. I mixed up the new water just slightly lower, 5.3-5.4. Also made it a little stronger. Stepped up to the Mild rather than the cutting/seedling mix. One teaspoon per gallon of FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro.

Another new addition today was the GreenPads CO2 generators. Since the plants are still small, I'm using one at a time, but once they get larger and can take advantage of it more, I'll be using two pads at a time. No way to tell PPM, but I'm using the fan less, since more heat is OK with the CO2. Last time I used it, the plants were loving life around 88-90.

So, here are today's stats:
Temp (Current/High/Low): 80/85/73
RH: 50% (just watered and misted.. pretty sure its normally around 46%. GreenPads operate optimally with at least 40% humidity but I don't want to go much higher)
Res. Temp: 67

Picture Time

Here's a shot of the upper part of my tent. Realized I never shot this. From left to right: inline vent fan, cant recall how many cfm but its more than enough for the tent; chain for one of the led lights, with a thermometer lead woven into the chain; circulation fan; greenpad
IMG_052214.JPG

Overall situation
IMG_051421.JPG

Pics from the res change
IMG_051215.JPG
IMG_051120.JPG

And finally plant pictures. I really love the way you can see the individual LED colors in the mist droplets. As with every day so far, one of the plant pictures came out blurry.. different one every time lol.
IMG_051617.JPG
IMG_051720.JPG
IMG_051820.JPG
IMG_051919.JPG
IMG_052116.JPG

Looking good:cheesygrinsmiley: Do you normally keep the light down on the soil side so it close to the tops like on the hydro side? Also you could maybe make a make shift table to raise the soil one's so everything is even. Just a thought... Im pretty stoned and seem to be showing signs of OCD lol.:grinjoint:

oh i forgot about the outdoor plant (well... forgot to mention at least.)

i thought it had recovered perfectly from the blast of midday sun it got, and subsequent wilting.. but now i'm not sure. the base of the stem is so flimsy it can't hold itself up. i built a mound of dirt up around it, so hopefully that will become roots or mend itself or something =] its still producing growth so i dunno. we'll see.

in the meantime i had an awesome idea.. supplement my outdoor plant with co2! so now at night, i'll be taking it inside and putting it in the closet of my grow room with a greenpad pouring co2 down on it all night. in the morning i'll put it back outside.

IMG_0524_1_1.JPG

Just a quick stats update today.

Temp: Staying around 73 with the lights off, 80-82 with the lights on.
RH: 50%
Res. Temp: 75.. how warm is too warm?

Plants are looking great. So many little shoots on the hydro clone.. soon i'll bend it and work on promoting those branches.

Back
Top Bottom