Need Advice With Possible Deficiency

DabblerOfTree

So I have the plants in Fox Farms ocean forest and I this is one of two plants that I did feed with 1/4 tsp/gallon Fox Farms Grow Big but that was after the two plants started showing symptoms. The other plant is not doing as bad but still has some of the discolouration, although it seems to have gotten better since stabilizing the ph of the water I was feeding them. I should probably mention I believe that their growth was stunted early on from not testing the PH of the tap water I was feeding them which was somewhere around 8-8.5, something I only fixed a little over a week ago. So from my own research I think that its a deficiency due to lockout from the PH being to high, so I watered a couple times with ~PH 6 and then ~PH 6.5, all while monitoring the PH of the run off and the last watering the run off came out pretty much the same as it went in(granted I'm sure that testing the run off like I am with liquid PH test kit has its flaws). Last couple days have not been kind to it and a couple of leaves are dying the crumbled to the touch(current picture below). Its weird because its 1 of 4 plants that all got the same water, soil, environment and 2 of them showed symptoms while two look fine, so at this point I'm reasonably certain I'm going to lose this plant but if anyone has any suggestions on how I might be able to save this little guy then please let me know. Also I put the pictures through a filter that should show a more true colour than than the originals under the grow light which look tinted because the lights spectrum I suspect.

def01.JPG
def04.JPG
def03.JPG
def02.JPG

I just looked up FF Ocean Forest and it is a premium organic soil full of amendments. IMHO there's no real need to feed until the plants are much larger than that. It does look like a lockout but could be to many nutes. Maybe try flushing with distilled water.

Back
Top Bottom