First grow - Seed recommendation please?

Ir0nlung

I have almost all of the equipment to complete my grow box. So I am now looking to order my first batch of seeds. Could any of you recommend a good seed to start with. Bear in mind the box is only 3ft tall. Thanks.

Re: First grow, Seed recommendation please?

I'm doing a bit of research myself to find a small strain. Lowryder is one of the smallest. When you are ordering the seeds it should tell you what the height is expected. Happy growing

savingson

Anything from Barney's farm is good for beginners.. I would look into blue cheese or critical Kush

Sent from my Robin using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Indica dominant strains tend to grow short and stocky, Sativa likes to grow taller. Either may require some training though depending on what kind of lights you running (how close they can be to plant and how much space they need above them as that steals from your height).

Indica dominant strains tend to grow short and stocky, Sativa likes to grow taller. Either may require some training though depending on what kind of lights you running (how close they can be to plant and how much space they need above them as that steals from your height).

Funny I was just looking at the height of the strains on the web site and most of the ones I would be interested in growing grow to 80-100cm which is fine but my grow box is only 87 cm tall max so take a bit of that away to leave room for cfl light. Can I train the plant to grow and not go to close to the light. I am completely new to this so sorry if that seems like a dum question.

Funny I was just looking at the height of the strains on the web site and most of the ones I would be interested in growing grow to 80-100cm which is fine but my grow box is only 87 cm tall max so take a bit of that away to leave room for cfl light. Can I train the plant to grow and not go to close to the light. I am completely new to this so sorry if that seems like a dum question.

You can to a point, see my Anti Journal Journal link for specifics on my cabinet collection. I bought a 3' premade growbox, decided that wasn't going to get me enough height as LED light cut down on height so I built another box (which turned into two more actually so have a 4' and a 6' also now). The premade one works good for small clones and seedlings, and I kind of used it for ideas on how to make my own more economically. I started in July so I'm not much help as I'm still learning, a lot of "trial and error" with an emphasis on "ERROR" ;) :rofl:

Yes google the word LST cannabis and do a lil reading. Knowledge is power brother, and this will teach you a great growing style meant for low even canopy.

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1667393575.jpg
This is my last harvest i used LST and topped and fimmed some to get multiple colas all evenly distribution of light so not much popcorn buds

You can to a point, see my Anti Journal Journal link for specifics on my cabinet collection. I bought a 3' premade growbox, decided that wasn't going to get me enough height as LED light cut down on height so I built another box (which turned into two more actually so have a 4' and a 6' also now). The premade one works good for small clones and seedlings, and I kind of used it for ideas on how to make my own more economically. I started in July so I'm not much help as I'm still learning, a lot of "trial and error" with an emphasis on "ERROR" ;) :rofl:

I just finished reading it. You did a good job. Food for thought.

Yes google the word LST cannabis and do a lil reading. Knowledge is power brother, and this will teach you a great growing style meant for low even canopy.

Good man. Thanks for the tip. Im looking into it now. Your plants look good.

My Mother is currently 11 1/2 inches tall, but pot is 13 inches tall so there's two feet right there, and put it into Flower a week ago so it should increase in size 1-2x current height (depends on strain and 8000 other variables ;)), but I did quite a bit of LST training on it:

0013223.JPG
0023120.JPG

Lots of good information on this site, just takes a bit of digging around and a whole lot of reading, good place to start:

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Amazing shout out buddy. I had a quick look there and that looks amazing Thanks very much.

My Mother is currently 11 1/2 inches tall, but pot is 13 inches tall so there's two feet right there, and put it into Flower a week ago so it should increase in size 1-2x current height (depends on strain and 8000 other variables ;)), but I did quite a bit of LST training on it:

0013223.JPG
0023120.JPG

Lots of good information on this site, just takes a bit of digging around and a whole lot of reading, good place to start:

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Looks fantastic. What strain is that? Thanks very much for the link. Im glad I found this place before I started growing.

Yes, plants can be trained away from lights using a variety of methods such as Low Stress Training, Topping, Super Cropping or even ScrOG (Screen of Green)

Any dwarf plant with stay low due to the Ruderalis genetics

Autoflowering plants veg a little and then bloom right away

Something indica for a stout, fast flowering plant... Northern lights, Blue Mystic or Bubblegum from Nirvana or Green Crack, Dark Angel or Dwarf Low Flyer from Crop King and Sweet Tooth or Pineapple Chunk from Barneys, IMHO

Looks fantastic. What strain is that? Thanks very much for the link. Im glad I found this place before I started growing.

Yeah wish I had before I started, would have saved me a couple hundred headaches ;) :rofl: .......we are 95% sure it is Blue Widow, I germinated two bag seed at same time and I didn't mark them and got them mixed up (one was mine and one my Son's), as we knew the two strains, and it looks and tastes like Blue Widow and not the Lemon Diesel which was where other seed came from.
This was off her Clone I sexed to make sure she was a Lady before I spent too much time on her (harvested middle of December):
0101602.JPG

Yes, plants can be trained away from lights using a variety of methods such as Low Stress Training, Topping, Super Cropping or even ScrOG (Screen of Green)

Any dwarf plant with stay low due to the Ruderalis genetics

Autoflowering plants veg a little and then bloom right away

Something indica for a stout, fast flowering plant... Northern lights, Blue Mystic or Bubblegum from Nirvana or Green Crack, Dark Angel or Dwarf Low Flyer from Crop King and Sweet Tooth or Pineapple Chunk from Barneys, IMHO

Thanks very much Ill look into those

Yeah wish I had before I started, would have saved me a couple hundred headaches ;) :rofl: .......we are 95% sure it is Blue Widow, I germinated two bag seed at same time and I didn't mark them and got them mixed up (one was mine and one my Son's), as we knew the two strains, and it looks and tastes like Blue Widow and not the Lemon Diesel which was where other seed came from.
This was off her Clone I sexed to make sure she was a Lady before I spent too much time on her (harvested middle of December):
0101602.JPG

Looks tast. Look at those crystals. I cant wait to get to growing. Havent had a smoke in almost a year for Gods sake.

Back
Top Bottom