1st Grow BigBud AutoFlower

burton1291

Hey guys, so I'm going to try and grow some Big Bud auto flower girls. I don't have much first hand experience but i've read a lot of tips and tricks, so hopefully i will learn some new ones along the way. Right now all I have is a 75watt HPS and a 42 watt CFL, I'm growing in a 2.5'x2.5'x4' closet space. i know it's kind of tight but ive read that these auto flower's don't get too big. I have the 3 plants in 3 gallon buckets using potting soil. With the 2 lights running it stays about room temp, but when they are off at night the temp drops to about 65-70, so i'm going to have to get a small space heater soon?? I started germinating the seeds on the 2/6 and now they are about 1.5-2 inches tall as of today 2/11. I have no camera at the moment, but i will be getting pictures up asap. My main concern is if i have enough light, and if that space will be large enough for the 3 plants. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Re: 1st Grow/BigBud AutoFlower

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because i know very little about what i'm doing.

Your space should be fine, and 65-70 at night is also fine. Space heaters pull a lot of power so its not really worth it unless its going to be like 40 - 50 at night. More light is going to be needed later on, what you have will get you through veg, maybe. As a general rule of thumb you wantat least 200-300 watts of CFLS per plant to get a decent yield.

night time temps are fine the 65 to 70. keep them off the floor if possible. temps are much cooler down low.
what color are the walls inside the grow space. flat white is most inexpensive and effective with in 5 points of mylar. lasts a lot longer also!
peace

Don't Big Bud auto start flowering around 10-12"??? :hmmmm:

If I'm right, you're going to end up with 3-1/2 to 4' plants.... :passitleft:

I'm not positive, from the stuff i've looked up the plants don't get much taller than 2 and a half feet.from what i've seen they mainly just bush out.

Also, what would be the best lights to add to what i've got?

Thanks for everything guys, also i was wondering since i have an HPS and CFL's going could someone tell me how many lumens id need for my space altogether? That'd make it a little easier on picking out more lights.

i personally would bump up to a 400 to 430 watt hps. the bulb will make a difference to!
eye hortilux make a very good bulb!
not being mean, your light now just wont have the energy to push the plants to soak up the neuts available to them. it will still grow but im not sure you will get what your lookin for in the end!
peace

a true auto flower will flower with any length of light! ive had them in a room with 18 hrs of light and i was suprised at the results!!!

Don't Big Bud auto start flowering around 10-12"??? :hmmmm:

If I'm right, you're going to end up with 3-1/2 to 4' plants.... :passitleft:

more light, if you want bigger buds!! they have to have the fuel (light) to grow big!

I'm not positive, from the stuff i've looked up the plants don't get much taller than 2 and a half feet.from what i've seen they mainly just bush out.

Also, what would be the best lights to add to what i've got?

thanks, the more info the merrier! I can get a 150 watt HPS and another 42w CFL in a couple days, i wish i could go bigger but im tight on cash at the moment. Would that be enough or should i pull one of the plants out so the other 2 can soak up all the light. id hate to do it though because she was feminized :(

do you know for sure they are all female?
less plants would increase your yield, if you know for sure they are the right sex.
your right on with your thinking

yeah i bought them feminized, itd only be roughly a 12 dollar loss.

its all up to you. with the light you have i know it would work better with one less. plants that are crowded can tell they are crowded and grow accordingly. give em the room you can! ive vegged under 4' florescent shop lights with daylight bulbs from any hardware store, i was suprised at the results. lights like these need to be almost touching the plant but not quite. never forget to experiment with what you have. you will always take something valuable from the experience.
peace

alright, thanks man. As soon as i take some pics ill post them up.

the inside of the room is it bright or dark color?
the flat white paint will increase the luman available to the plant.
aluminum foil is useless. flat white paint! you cant go wrong!!
peace to you
at any time you need help just hollar!!
im not perfect but i can show you some uotstanding ways to grow! i started out tryin the cheapest way possible, it all was a bust, there is no comparison with proper equipment.
this dosent mean you wont do a good job. from the posts you have made i can see you are headed in the right direction.
the grow room, whats it look like, make sure all four walls are covered in a light reflecting substance. ive used mylar before but the costs and the longevity of it sucked. now the flat white paint and only flat white workes within mear points away from mylar reflecting properties.

im using the corner of my closet, (the walls are already white) so 2 sides of my grow area are the closet wall and 2 sides are part of a cardboard box, i bought some reflective paper from a local greenhouse, (cant remember the name of the paper to save my life) the lighting inside is bright, has an orange hue from the hps.

i should have planned a little more before i started the seeds.

cool
be well
grow even better
peace

well I've decided to go ahead and get 2 85watt CFL's which are equivalent to 250watts each. since my electric bill is quite high without the grow lights (the whole house runs of electric) i wanted to hold off on getting a big HPS light. So the new CFL's with what i have should get me through for a decent first grow? or are my hopes to high? or am i just too high?

what exactly is LST? sorry, im a newbie.

Back
Top Bottom