1st Grow BigBud AutoFlower

Re: 1st Grow/BigBud AutoFlower

Nice budget setup man.
I also can advise not to save too much money on the nutes. Get a good price/quality nutrient, sometimes a one component (including everything) can be very good and not too expensive. I have to say Advanced nutrients probably being one of the best but it's also being one of the most expensive.
You cant get good yield without enough nutes considering the amount of light, the alternative is having really big containers and well pre fertilized soil.

Often seedlings can take more nutrients dissolved in soil than clones. Clones have more catching up to do for mostly root structure.

My golden rule about nutrients is: Not to overfeed them during veg and preflower ( 1st stage flowering ), and not to underfeed them during main flower production till ripening ( about middle period of flowering ). Last 2 to 3 weeks i give only water.

oh yeah may consider getting a cheap hood for the lamp, setting it up horizontally, any not too small hood will do.

edit:
Just reading back, is it still the 75W HPS + 42W CFL setup? A 400W up to just 600W would do good i think, that's if you can cool the 600W.
But think of a high W HPS or MH lamp as a heater, running in winter is definitely more efficient, during the night when it's cold also. Heat yield of a HPS/MH is much higher than for example an electric heater which often runs at least at 1000W.

I'll probably go with the advanced nutrients jungle juice set only 18 bucks.

i added 2 more 85W CFL's, on the light bulb box it said it was equivalent to MH lighting, i have no idea what that meant but it sounded good. im about to post some more pics.

Photo0479.jpg
Photo04781.jpg
Photo04771.jpg

for pic #1, is it normal for the first 3 sets of leaves to not have 3 prongs like the other 2? The new leaves coming up are gonna be 3-5 tho for sure. Also on the top 2 plants the leaves are kind of curling at the ends, is that a problem or am i just over worrying at the moment?

hey moderators, you can delete this journal if you want, everyone shit out on me, and im tired of talking to myself on it.

sadly that's part of writing a journal. don't give up though. just ignore those people and focus on the ones that are helping / interested in your grow. you know kind of like real life in a workplace.

well i have the hps about 6 inches away, (its basically as hot as my cfl's, and i have them within 2 inches. it stays about 78-80 in the grow area, at night when the lights are off it drops to about 65-70ish. also i was wondering if it's normal for the plant to grow a different number of leaves on each set. you know when the plant first starts out 2 leaves grow out and they stack? mine grew 1 big leaf and the other one is 3 tipped. or one has 4 tips and the other 5, idk if you understand or not. But maybe im just being over paranoid. i just want my babies to be perfect. :)

also thanks for the support. greatly appreciated.

ahhhh shit, i just saw that about the fan and completely spaced it, ill be putting a mini fan in there asap.

sweet, but honestly do you think i have enough light to complete the 3 plants? i have 212 actual watts of CFL, and a 70 watt hps.

alright, I dont think i could fit anymore CFL's in there since they have to be at least 1-4 inches from the plants, my 85W CFL's are like 6 or 7 inches long, and i have 2 of those plus the other 2 bulbs, all of it covers the whole top area of the plants, lol, ill have to take some pics so you can see. but i think i might just see how it goes this time around, and then try 2 for my next grow and compare yields.

You could do a bit of research ( leaf fingers on plant for example ) though ;)

Let's say for lamps concerned, there are 250W CFL's and high pressure lamps also ofcourse.

The amount of lumen should be ok for your space, though it's on the low side. Plants could stretch a bit more, but there are lots of methods to get around the complications concerned stretching. Keeping lights close helps a bit aided by some wind flow around canopy.

Concerning harvest amount, i think something like a 100 gram might be a reasonable estimation to start with.
Said again, bit more useful light, about double the current amount of lumen, should do your growing surface more right.

Plants start with one finger leaves and will end up with it. If you have a plant germinating with more than one fingers on first set of leaves you are a lucky bastid, or not. It may say the genetic is more potent or not as well.

hey guys, theyre doin great, my biggest is about 10 inches tall and the other 2 are around 7, they're bushing out really nice. one of the big CFL bulbs fell on the smallest plant, and it scorched a couple of the leaves, the plant is pulling through though, just kind of stunted the growth on the main leaf that it scorched. and on one of the smaller one's i already see 2 itty bitty pistils, i knew they were feminized already but YAY!!! sadly i dont have a digital camera and ive been waiting for my girlfriend to get back with her cell, the camera on my phone = shit. so later on tonight guys, sorry for the hold up, i was hoping to have new pics up like 3 days ago. check back in 5 or 6 hours, they'll be up for sure.

the first picture is where the light dropped on the plant, i snipped most of the damage away though :(. The second is a pic of my whole set up from above, (the hps light screws with my camera). And that last pic is the biggest of the 3. As of those pictures they are 15 days from first coming above soil.

also i was wondering if having different light kelvins will affect my grow? the 2 biggest CFL's are 5000k and im not sure about the hps and the smaller cfl, but i was almost positive they were different.

yeah i have a tight budget, thats why i went with mostly cfl's, theyre easy to operate and i can go out and buy bulbs along my grow. i probably could put another 85W CFL on there in the next week or 2.

the plants are supposed to yield an average of 2-4 ounces per plant, how much of a yield would you guess with my set-up?

sweet, i was shooting for at least an ounce per plant.

Back
Top Bottom