1st Grow BigBud AutoFlower

Re: 1st Grow/BigBud AutoFlower

i usually shop at walmart, but there is a greenhouse in my town but im not for sure if it's open yet, ill have to check there. or i was planning on ordering some of those Blue Planet Nutrients everyone has been talking about. any suggestions of nutes? my containers are 3 gallons, they are filled in an inch from the top. but i will start the trimming though. ill have to lay some kind of plastic trash bags down before i move them apart, i had all 3 containers in the bottom of a rubbermaid container to catch the runoff water. but the walls are flat white, the light reflects off them pretty good.
the pic is of some work of mine at 35 40 days
your doin great!
i to started at walmart and lowes ect. you need to find a sesonal outdoor plant store. they have things walmart and such wont. thinks that will give you the best bang for the buck!
peace
first_grow_after_being_taken_off_and_put_on_marinol_001.JPG

you dont have to go expensive!
the key is to know what to use at the right time and the right amount!
simple really! right! its a lot harder than i expected! every day i learn a little more.

ill have to check out what all that greenhouse shop has. but are those autoflowers? those things are huge.

a cross with auto flwr in in
i kept them in a 18 hr light period
when they showed signs of female the plant kicked in over drive!
a true auto will flwr with any amount of light.
these sprouted from seed on 1-09-12, vegged til 2-25-12, then off to flower. i crossed about 6 months ago. they have a but load of vigor!
a chocolope x sk#2 cali
a skywalker x sk#2 cali
a skylock x sk#2 cali
a og x erkle x jc
i have some of the same plants or similar in flwr next to it. same age and 1/2 the size but now covered with little buds. they werent there 7 days ago!
peace
it takes awhile to find what works sometimes. the availability of quality supplies and then the cost. you dont always have to pay an arm and a leg for the things youll need.
your set up is diff. from mine and i couldnt tell you it would work like this! id love to be able to come and make a difference in every grow that struggles. then again id prob. fall right on my face. lol

sweet, your plants look great and healthy. ill use different soil, get more light, and have them on some nutes regularly and i bet they will be twice the size as the ones i have now.
:morenutes:

i use fox farm soil, its called ocean forest. all organic. ive not found any other product that works this well for me. ive used em all to!
the neuts. are biocannas organic line for soil. feed every other watering. its a pain but again ive never been able to achieve these results with any other product. this dosent mean i couldnt grow with other products, its the end result im amazed with.
ph is right at 5.8 to 6.0
super thrive
water sits out for at least 24 hrs before use. clorine eveporation.
i usually hook a fish tank air pump to the watering can, let it oxygenate the water before watering. not the main res.
change bulbs every 10 months to a year.
buy quality bulbs only!
the plastic bags are wonderful. 1 gal.- 3 gal.- and the old red solo cup to trart the seedlings in. 3 seeds per solo cup, when they reach the 2nd or 3rd set of leafs i transplant each into its own solo cup. then to a gal bag. then to the 3 gal bag. each time i want to see those beautiful white roots! if they arent white theres a problem!!
those pics are of plants about twice as old as yours. im not bragging!! i do believe you can also achieve this stage with time. you have what type bulb?
sorry to bother with all the info, i just dont want to leave any part out. you do know i have a brain injury right? i dont want anyone angry with me!! im a heck of a nice guy, especially with the pain i try to deal with. it makes a person a monster, the drs prescribed meds. dont help with that issue. they seem to intensify the anger. a true drag for anyone!
i do not mess around! i do experiment! some members prob. think im nuts! lol, prob. am so some extent! i mean well and love to see another individual succeed in the garden.
thats my goal.
do you have my email address?
want it?
peace
try and ease yourself into your plans, its easy to get overwhelmed in the begenning.
your attitude is great and its my pleasure helpin out!

hot, he says hm! my personal experience, NEVER!
was the person a very skinny guy in need of neuts himself? kinda shaken the entire time he was talkin to you? lol! never heard such a thing!!
the time to transplant clones is when they can handle it. the root system should be substantial. now feeding the clones after transplanting is a no no! make the root system establish itself.
think of it this way, if you give them what they want all the time. how strong do you think they will be? giving them everything and the girls dont have to work for it, has detrimental effects on the plant. stress will slow the plant much easier, vigerous growth will be not so vigerous. the plant wont suprise you like it should, sometime in the flwr stage the plant seems to get 3 times as big over night. this happens every grow unless there is a problem. the plant will only grow as good as its root system. now they will get everything they need to produce quality bud if the gennetics are of quality. youll have to do much more for the plant if you dont make it work for it.
making the roots chase after the water or neuts. letting the plant get dry but not to the point of any visable wilt. wilt is stress, stress = less and longer time to get the less.
a cannabis plant likes to be dry, just by the way it looks i can see it likes it! this is a fine line and easily to skrew up. ya need to be around alot to catch anything that sneaks up on your grow.
back to the fox farm, does the person sell it?
id buy just the fox farm, you can try the other he advised. you just never know! i do know the fox farm works like no other. depending on the container size no food till the plants used all that came in the fox farm. i use a solo cup, (seedlings to about 6 inches tall), 1 gal. black plastic bags (6" to about 18"), no neuts for the first 10 days. if the water seems to be used quickly maybe then 5 to 7 days. then a 3 gal bag. let the plant take up all the neuts. in the fox farm before you feed them anything. the root system in the bags will be very healthy and take up neuts. and water very easily. the 3 gal bag gets between a 1/3 and 1/2 gal. when watered or fed. a sativa that has double the flwr time could even go in a 5 or 10 gal. bag. larger bags are harder to moniter the moisture level. learning the root system will make everything you do easier, i dont even care what the above ground growth looks like as long as its healthy. what it do care about is the root system, its got to be a brilliant white with tiny little hairs everywhere. each transplant and i do at least 3 must have the white roots i speak of. if not i dont keep it. brown roots = sick plant. this could spread.
another aspect is the temp of the root system, when i speak of this others usually take it the wrong way. never haet the roots, but keep them warm. the floor is always the coolest. all heat outlets must be at or below ground level. i use simple fans bringing warmer air from upstairs to down stairs. its circulated in both rooms then exhausted in the other rm during the winter. summer its out the window, forced by the swamp cooler!
not by far a perfect set up! its got the neccessary elements and i try and refine these as possible.
i do what i do for $ reasons. i have none! i do not sell anything! ever! i do try and make a difference!!! some of my tech. are different but cost effective and they work very good!
so
as long as the roots on the clone are healthy and ready, do not hesitate in transplanting. i always add a third of a bag of worm castings before i do anything else!
superthrive and a ph balanced water @ 5.8 to 6.0 has always treated me right.
with light like mine 400 watts, the plants can not be expected to be pushed much if at all. there just isnt enough energy for the plants to soak up. the 1000 watt bulb or a multiple of 400 watt or 600 watt lights, is another story. the more light you have access to the more you can expect to push the plant.
there are tech. you can do to the plant to trick the plant into using more of its stored energy, bending is a good one, trimming the first 1/3 of all the primary leafs, cutting all the lower spindily branches off helps the rest of the plant create high times bud! ya know those beautiful pice they have! i didnt think it was going to be possible in the first 4 yrs. then i found some quality gennetics witch changed every aspect of what i was doing. wish i would have found that out before they did the brain surgery!!!!!
peace
ps
i wanted the 69 SS
looked for ever and they were just to expensive!
found this one 3 yrs before i bought it. a friend from high school had it. the cam was broke it the straight six. i got it for 1500.00 15 yrs ago. drivin it once out of the drive way turned it around and lost all oil pressure. let a buisness put cam brearing and hot tank it. the center two cam bearings came out! it was built cheap thank goodness.
not now, 480 hp 465 tq dyno'd and i got to watch the process.
lots of aluminum, up dates front end, sub frame connecters, posi rear end, new covans auto meter instriment pannle. aluminum rad. electric fans, anuminum pullies, bad ass alt. msg makes a cool aluminum 130 amp alt. very cool, billet tilt colum, billet aluminum magnum floor shifter. 3.5" electronic exhaust cutouts. race headers at a cost of 1050.00 that are built very crappy! im amazed the the poor quality of the work. this is even the second pair. the first set looked like the welds were spread with a butter knife. then followed up by a stepped exhaust with the cross over in the middle of the system. 4.5 at the collecter,the cutouts at 3.5" and then 3" from collecter to the inlet of the flow master american thunder mufflers.
to much more to name.
sorry for rambling

do you not notice any difference in the bud? im curious, why did you go hydro? yield maybe? ive tried hydo myself. i found the buds grow gigger, quicker, but at the same time loosing a little something. taste and in some cases strength. the plants are even different when growing. kinda cool, hydro is always gigger and impressive. youd never notice unless you grew and then smokes symotaniously.
theres only one reason i do this, i wish the circumstances were diff. but im stuck with it. out of all the drs perscribed meds. the cannabis works better than anything. growing hydro seemed to give me more headaches. the ash from a joint was always very light in color and smoked extreamly well no poping, very smooth. i have to many headaches already!
that being said is why i grow 100% organic and in soil. well as far as the lables go! all waste goes to outside garden. this year the soil should be the best its ever been! living where i do the soil is not conducive to anything! ive been adding organic material for 4 yrs now. 28lb water melons, 10lb potato plants, 150lbs of cucumbers! artichokes , red rasberries, red onions, cherries, peaches, asparagas, 3 typs of toms, radashes, celery, jalapano, soreano, and habanaro peppers, bell pepers, iceberg letuce, rubarb, strawberries, beans, snow peas.
crap sorry
ramblin!
peace
there is never any money made, this takes away from the 68 camaro!
a tough choice! pain kinda pushed me to the cannabis. i dont want to do this but life is very different without it!
do you treat new clones from another garden with some type pest oil or soap?

How are they coming mate :)?
Still waiting on my damn seeds in the mail.
I notice you are growing in an apartment, I will be doing the same.
Except my landlord is far too lazy and does not give any fucks about checking my place out :p
Do you have to worry about the smell at all?
I was planning on doing 2 plants at once and creating a nig rigged charcoal filter.
Can't even say how inspirational your thread is XD
Makes me incredibly stoked to start.

@Jakester
I believe I had read you grow w/ hydroponics.
Now initially this is what I wanted to start with because .. well why the fuck not!?
But I would be growing in my own room.. which I sleep in.
My buddy told me hydroponics is probably going to be smelly w/ the water.
What's your thoughts on this?

Sounds like your buddy has never grown hydroponics...
There is no smell outside of the plants themselves...

Put it this way, I'm a clean freak, if hydroponic was messier and smellier than soil, I would have grown soil the past 14yrs.... Nothing enters my grow room without me knowing... With soil, people get all kinds of bug problems over hydro...

Like with soil, you NEVER know what you're bringing into the chamber...
There is a member in here that bought a top of the line soil, and ended up with billions of them little nat flies eating his plant's root system...

You just do not get that kind of contamination with hydro...

IMO hydro gives you faster growth, larger plants, and 3 times the yields over soil..

:Namaste:

:thanks:

All I needed was one good response.. hyyyyyyydrooooo :thumb:

ya got to stay on top of hydro

i changed mine every 10 days to 14 days.
the growth was cool, process also.

Well even if I was growing my plant out of soil I would be checking it every single day to make sure my baby was doing okay.. haha.
I would not invest my time and money in to a project and half ass it, that's a typical American.. XD
Jakester if you have any hydro tips I would really appreciate some :) Pm me if you wouldn't mind sharing

sorry guys, Burton1291 had to take a little vacation, (tried explaining how to wire your own ballast kits and it got a little heated) but anyways Grow Hard is taking over the journal :).

I've almost caught up with all the messages I've missed, really guys it is invaluable information, couldn't thank you enough.

As for the girls :), theyre doing awesome, they've all hit 3 feet now, with budspots everywhere. I got some cheap miracle grow bloom booster nutrients, havent used any yet, planning on doing a 1/4 dose with the next watering. I just hope they don't get any bigger, i've ran out of room to raise my lights....everything i've researched about autoflower's say 3 feet is the max for the plant, theyre normally only around 2 to 2 and a half feet at harvest. I mean it's cool as hell that they're getting huge but it's kind of exceeding my grow expectations a little too much. so much for short plants eh?

I got my DIY Ona filter up and running, it works great too. used to when you first came through the front door it smelled like a skunks ass inside, but now you have to get a good 2 feet in front of the plants to get a good whiff.

I'll post pics as soon as my girl gets home with her phone, (only camera i've had access to.) The plants are about 4 times the size as the last pics i posted.

How are they coming mate :)?
Still waiting on my damn seeds in the mail.
I notice you are growing in an apartment, I will be doing the same.
Except my landlord is far too lazy and does not give any fucks about checking my place out :p
Do you have to worry about the smell at all?
I was planning on doing 2 plants at once and creating a nig rigged charcoal filter.
Can't even say how inspirational your thread is XD
Makes me incredibly stoked to start.

Doin great man, when was the date you ordered the seeds? has it been over 5 days? I worried about the smell a little bit, but i made one of those DIY ona odor control buckets, and it works like a charm, it actually works for the entire apartment (only a 1 bedroom). I spent probably 40 dollars total on it. heres a link to the thread DIY Odor Control Bucket

On ebay i got the gel for like 18 plus another 6 for shipping. and then i got a 9 inch fan from big lots for 15, i already had the 5 gallon bucket but you can buy those for 3-5 dollars at walmart.

Doin great man, when was the date you ordered the seeds? has it been over 5 days? I worried about the smell a little bit, but i made one of those DIY ona odor control buckets, and it works like a charm, it actually works for the entire apartment (only a 1 bedroom). I spent probably 40 dollars total on it. heres a link to the thread DIY Odor Control Bucket

On ebay i got the gel for like 18 plus another 6 for shipping. and then i got a 9 inch fan from big lots for 15, i already had the 5 gallon bucket but you can buy those for 3-5 dollars at walmart.

Thanks I appreciate it :) Can't wait to see updated pics.
I ordered them on 2/28/12.. so a little over 2 weeks.
I will continue being patient and hope I'm not one of the unlucky people who doesn't receive their orders :/
And I have a one bedroom apartment as well, so your thread is pretty much kick ass

Damn it man, sorry to hear about the seeds, i only recommended their site because of the fast shipping....i hope you don't get dicked around. did you get the confirmation email after you ordered them? i think i remember reading something about 21 or 27 days at the latest. even if customs did get ahold of your package they will send you a letter in the mail saying basically theyre taking your shit but you wont get in trouble for it. so i mean if the site did send them out, you will get something, either seeds or a letter. just hope for the best man. ill be praying for your babies to get to you :)

I'm glad this thread has inspired you though :thumb:, its cool my grow can relate to yours so you can see what works and what doesnt.

Gracias for the positive replies on my seeds.
I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst, sure it will be fine just so damn ready.
But again thanks Jakester really does give me some extra hope :p
They are looking beautiful man! :)
How is the ona stuff workin for ya?
Also is OP same as Grow?

Gracias for the positive replies on my seeds.
I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst, sure it will be fine just so damn ready.
But again thanks Jakester really does give me some extra hope :p
They are looking beautiful man! :)
How is the ona stuff workin for ya?
Also is OP same as Grow?

the ona filter works great, ive got it in the closet and you can smell the ona gel when you walk in the house, its like a clean flowery smell, they have a fresh linen smell, i might try that one next.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom