1st Grow BigBud AutoFlower

Re: 1st Grow/BigBud AutoFlower

Thanks guys, I'm going to look both of them up. The only thing about smashing and bending stems is the autoflower plant only has 2 months from seed to harvest and ive heard it's not good for any kind of clipping/trimming, since it causes too much stress for them to recoup and then start to grow again. So the screen basically slows down the vertical growth and makes them bush out?

by the end of the stretch do you mean the end of the veg stage? I'm still a little slow on the grow lingo.

from seed my strain takes 9-11 weeks to finish. it usually starts flowering after 3-4 weeks. so what do you think?

Just so i have this clear, as soon as they start flowering make them grow along the screen for about 13 days roughly?

well i'd rather follow your advice than go by my clueless ass. :)

also i didnt want to start training them against the screen until i was exactly for sure when they would be ready for it.

beautiful man, i think i will do that, would that create a better yield than the scrog way? i've got a couple pics of my setup, taken with a cellphone camera so they aren't the greatest, (i will put them on here shortly) though i am waiting till next week to get 2 more CFL's and reflectors.

Photo0465.jpg
Photo0464.jpg
Photo0461.jpg
Photo0460.jpg
Photo04592.jpg
Photo04571.jpg

and yes that is a phone charger holding up my hps light, i know its ghetto, rofl.

ill do more research on the both of them, i still got a little ways before i can start any of that though.

so you dont transplant?
ive been waiting to ask this question.
i think your buds look very nice!
i was curious about how easy it was to water in the begenning? kinda forget about it?

interested to see an autoflower thread. haven't seen many. --- personally i would think that LST would be the best method if autos go into flower due to height. tying down the arms (if you have any) wouldn't really produce more shoots and would lead to far less meds in the end. where as if you LST you can prolong the veg stage increasing root mass and create more colas from more shoots.

since i screwed up and used Miracle Grow for my soil, should i just stick with giving them spring/purified water and no nutes? As of today they are 2 weeks old from seed,
I only have about 7-9 weeks until it's finished and they will start flowering in a week.

depends on what kind of miracle grow you got --- most don't have micro neuts in it so you will need to feed. miracle grow is fine for house plants and a garden but it's not ideal for growing marijuana from what i've seen.

yeah i cant remember if it had micro neuts or not, i have some miracle grow bloom buster stuff, should i use that at like 1/4 strength and watch it for a few days? (of course ill wait until they go into flowering first, only 1 week left.)

like i said earlier i screwed up and used miracle grow.....since these are just autoflowers and take 2 months from start to finish im just gonna let them go in it,since im already a quarter of the way finished. I've heard a lot about people using miracle grow and as long as they aren't too harsh with the nutrients or they just use spring water the whole grow, they've gotten good yields/decent weed. I was also wondering since auto's only have a 3 week veg stage, should i just skip to the flowering nutrients?

but dont get me wrong, i WILL be using FOX FARMS OCEAN FOREST from here on out. :)

thanks for your input, you just gave me the idea to use plain soil to start in a jiffy cup. then switch to ocean forest when i transplant. another bad thing about auto's is you're supposed to plant it and keep it in 1 container throughout the whole grow. (keeps the stress level at a minimum) i like the autos because they only take 2 months, but they are so delicate/and so little time to grow, you cant experiment too much with them. ill just have to see how much i yield as to whether or not i'll continue growing them.

i was talking about using a harmless soil with no/low nutrients, keep it in the cup till it gets big enough to handle the stronger nutes. then transplant into your final pot. so there is no possible way of burning it up, (since ocean forest is a little too hot on young plants?)

Back
Top Bottom