1st Grow - Cheap Setup - Northern Lights

careful on the microwave quick dry!

If you heat the buds to 350*F, you'll start vaporizing off the THC and it will not be as potent. Better in the oven at the lowest possible temp.

Pic update leaves have seemed to stop dying off from that flush and molasses OD. Still damage was done to a few sugar leaves. Eitherway I still see new bud growth on the tips of the colas here's some pics.

420-magazine-mobile1812518931.jpg

420-magazine-mobile277549821.jpg

420-magazine-mobile860861553.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1775335090.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2003357103.jpg

Plain water tomorrow then back on the minor nutes I have with a reduction in the amount of molasses I was using

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sitting here reading my girls a bed time story before lights out. It's a scary story. You'd think my girls would like this story because it has to do with hair and sparkly stuff. But this is a horror story to girls of this species....

The story is of these sisters who grew up in the north and loved light and dirt...

Once these sisters were mature enough they filled out, growing long hair and magic sparkles on their new bodies.

Well one day one of the sisters hairs started to turn reddish-brown. They did not know why all of a sudden her hair was turning that color, but before they knew it both of their hair were started to change colors...

Not letting their change of hair color get them down the girls went on with their life of sun bathing for hours and hours each day and drinking plenty of water.

Until one day they girls woke up to find out their skin wasn't so sparkly anymore and had turned into a frosty white color. The girls were horrified by this at first but grew to love their new look.

And so they went on with their life, as jolly as ever and with no care in the world. Until...

One day the sisters woke up with these amber colored pimples all over their faces!!! The sisters were mortified! They stopped going out and they even stopped drinking! Both of the sisters hair was receding and they could hardly look at each other covered in their sticky pimples.

But they had hope that things would get better...One night, while they were sleeping a man came to them. They knew this man. He sometimes gave them water and food. He never blocked the light from them either. They hoped he brought something for them to recover from these deficiencies they had been suffering from lately, so they were not afraid. The man greeted them, the sisters smiled. Their smile slowly turned to confusion as this man kneeling in front of them began to weep.

They started to feel pity for this man, until they saw the man bring up some scissors! The girls cackled with glee, they were finally about to get rid of their brown hair!

The man leaned over and with one last tear running down his face he snipped and cut. Within a few seconds it was all over.

The sisters laid their in a tub filled with their limbs laying all around each other. With their last breaths they whispered to each other..."How do I look?"

That's what they fuggin get! Making me push my harvest date to then 14th...bitches.

BTW these last week's are making me crazy.

The girls trichomes seem to be mostly cloudy white right now, don't think I see any amber, so definitely 1 more week or even 2....

8 weeks with 12/12 is going to be on the 7th. Already pushed back harvest to 14th maybe even around the 21st. All depends on how fast those ambers come in and the hairs start curling in.

Man lot of hairs starting to turn brown orange today, crazy how fast it happened. What I want to know is how fast does the amber trichomes take to go from 10% amber to say 50% amber. I know every strain is probably different and even every plant is probably different.

Also I know this may sound..stupidly desperate, just call me a stoner. But is it OK to smoke sugar leaves (with trichomes on them) even if they are already dying from deficiencies?..

Man lot of hairs starting to turn brown orange today, crazy how fast it happened. What I want to know is how fast does the amber trichomes take to go from 10% amber to say 50% amber. I know every strain is probably different and even every plant is probably different.

Also I know this may sound..stupidly desperate, just call me a stoner. But is it OK to smoke sugar leaves (with trichomes on them) even if they are already dying from deficiencies?..

Once they start turning, they usually go pretty quick and should be checked every day or two. There's about a two week window for optimum harvest time, depending on how you like it.

Wow do I have two different plants that are supposed to be feminized northern lights.

Let me start off by saying Runt started off on the wrong foot and shoes tied. One of her first big leaves turned brown and fell off fast within the first few weeks. She later did not like the LSTing I was performing on her. So after releasing her of her bonds at a young age she was able to flourish producing one main cola that dwarfed all others.

420-magazine-mobile643693034.jpg

The 5 colas from the preharvest all came from Runt.

420-magazine-mobile485952414.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1689779444.jpg

Damn camera rotation crap.

420-magazine-mobile1131012021.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1364603891.jpg

Now all of Runt's buds smell.......like outdoors...not even like cannabis really....It is kind of an unpleasant smell for what you are about to smoke. But they don't taste bad at all and there is barely any harshness in the smoke. And I get pretty stoned smoking it, I also think I dried it kinda wrong but the smell is on all of the buds from the plant.

I am wondering why she smells like she smells...

Because Big Gal on the other hand smells and looks more luscious!

420-magazine-mobile2061487601.jpg

Ugly yellow leafs

420-magazine-mobile1577086193.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1563449991.jpg

LST pics

420-magazine-mobile744532707.jpg

And she is sticky, Runt was not sticky at all.

420-magazine-mobile985975018.jpg

420-magazine-mobile384951716.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2578821.jpg

All trimmed and washed up

420-magazine-mobile1776009312.jpg

420-magazine-mobile663999192.jpg

Big Gal smells awesome compared to Runt. Something went wrong with Runt genetically or something her smell is off for reasons unknown. Runt was the main one i took samples on but how that would affect smell is.....I don't know..

Either way I'm looking forward to big Gal smoking, her buds are much more plump than Runt's.

420-magazine-mobile408123524.jpg

4 days dried was a little too much , they seem a little too dry but oh well. Official smoke report to come....

WEIGH INS

Big gal came out to 40 grams dried, with maybe a gram or two taken when I was feenin.

Runt came out to 30.6 grams, but i did harvest 5 colas a week before the official harvest and i had to have taken over 5 grams during the feen.

buds are airy, gonna need to fix that next grow. Bud pics to come once my phone is charged.

420-magazine-mobile408123524.jpg

4 days dried was a little too much , they seem a little too dry but oh well. Official smoke report to come....

WEIGH INS

Big gal came out to 40 grams dried, with maybe a gram or two taken when I was feenin.

Runt came out to 30.6 grams, but i did harvest 5 colas a week before the official harvest and i had to have taken over 5 grams during the feen.

buds are airy, gonna need to fix that next grow. Bud pics to come once my phone is charged.

BE CAREFUL, BRO!!! :thedoubletake:

FYI...After four days of drying, the buds will feel crispy, but there's still a good amount of moisture on the inside of the buds. After an hour or two in the jars, the buds will soften right up.

You'll need to "burp" the jars to get the moisture from the inside to the outside of the buds so they can get a proper cure.

If you assume they're dry and don't burp them, or at least check to make sure the humidity is below 65%, you'll run the risk of mold.
:Namaste:

I think i dried them pretty darn good and they are curing just fine.

The problem is they are skin and bone. They are not dense at all, i fucked up big time skipping out on some PK nutrients during bloom. But I also think heat stress contributed to airy mother f#$%ing buds.

These two plants smoke completely different. Let me reiterate that they are Feminized Northern Lights.

Runt smells musky outsidey...
And Big Gal smells pretty dam good, would have smelled completely awesome with proper nutrients.

That said, the potency of these two plants are completely different also. Big Gal gets me way more high than Runt does and Big Gal doesnt even get me as high as i was hoping for.

But man Runt's potency is complete crap. Runt buds seemed more potent when I was quick drying her buds.

Need to gather some funds to get some more supplies for my second grow that will start TBD.

420-magazine-mobile1420415344.jpg

Back
Top Bottom