1st Medical Grow, 3 Strains in 2x4 Hydrohut

Appreciate it GT!!! I so far am pretty happy with how everything is coming along for my first go at it...!!! Except for these damn fungus gnats, things couldn't be smoother, but I guess it adds excitement to the whole thing...lol...

I couldn't be happier so far...but drying/curing makes me nervous....I know that is one of the more critical steps to achieving the best meds....I have already started researching it and will gladly accept any guidence that can be provided when that time comes....I know were still at least a month to month and a half out...my blue dragon is supposed to be a 7 week finish but the chemband and University Hill's Og are a little longer at 9 weeks I was told...

We will see and I will be watching the trichomes closely.....

Thanks for checking out my 1st grow...stay tuned as the more exciting part is getting closer!!

Anytime my friend!!! And don't be intimidated by the dry/cure, it's really very easy, environment/RH control. And you are doing that already while your growing them. As a matter of fact, you can go at the dry/cure in the same manner, repetition, and quick reaction and it will be a piece of cake. There are some great minds that will be here with us to lend some helping advice. "Sooo don't you worry, about a 'ting, cuz every little 'ting, is gonna be allllright....." :peace: God bless you bud, and your buds!:Namaste:

Today is June 9th, Day 16 of flowering...!!!

Well my mix of peppermint tea, habenero sauce, neem and tobacco juice worked well. Yesterday I sprayed all of my outsides of my pots as well as the top layer of soil in each one to deter and kill these little fungus gnat babies that were crawling all over my pots...today when I checked the pots...not one!!!!! I am winning...na na na na, na na na na, hey hey...goodby!!!! lol

The ladies buds are just getting larger and thicker, not much stretching anymore and the trichomes are really starting to develop, especially on the Chemband plants!!!

No feedings or anything today, just observing.... I think my next feeding will be in 2-3 days, its been more humid here than normal almost 50% as to the normal 38% we have been having(must be a onshore wind we are getting mixed with the typical June gloom) I also want the soil to dry out a little more than regular, just to make sure that I have addressed any larvae or eggs in the soil...

Overall the ladies are looking great!!!!

Here are today's photos!!!

Tent overview

DSC01893.JPG

My University Hill's OG's
DSC018921.JPG

My Blue Dragon's
DSC018901.JPG

My Chemband's
DSC01891.JPG

Close up of the Blue Dragon bud
DSC018941.JPG

Close up of my Blue Dragon's twin towers
DSC018951.JPG

Close up of my Chemband's bud's
DSC018971.JPG

Close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC01896.JPG

Hey everyone...take a look a the close up of my University Hill's Og and also the photo of the Blue Dragon bud close up...notice the fan leaves with half of the leaf discolored...almost looks like chlorosis??? I am thinking this is a genetic defect with this strain....any clues???

I have noticed since about week 3 of veg, both of my University Hill's OG's have been exploiting this trait. It only appears on 1 or 2 of the blades of the fan leaves, and not all of them..... and the weirder part is it only will happen to 1/2 of the blade of the fan leaf....

Is this genetic???

I know my ph right were it needs to be, no stunting of the plant at all, many of the new growths look healthy as ever, and it is only on some of the leaves....I have not done any foliar feedings since my Neem incident about a month ago so I otherwise am clueless to what is causing this....any clues???

Thanks zigzag and surfin!!! I am pretty impressed myself for my first go around with it.... I keep looking at my own photos like...damn...I did that (with a big smile)

I very much appreciate everyone's input and great advice, as well as the encouragement!!! Definitely makes it more comfortable knowing I have an audience of experience cheering me on!!! Thanks 420!!

Looking amazing, sounds like you got those little bugger under control also. Lots of nice buds popping up all over the place. very nice job, Bless...

thanks Sonzor!!! Yeah I am stoked on how many tops...I counted 36 tops/just on my Blue Dragons!!!! There getting so nice and dense and full, and I still have a month to go!!

Today June 10th, Day 17 of flowering. Not much has to be done today to the ladies. I am going to hold of at least 1 more day for watering, due to a high RH of 46%, the pots still feel heavy and are moist about 2" down in the soil. (using my moisture meter) I picked up couple of fallen fan leaves off of the top of my soil, and other than that did a inspection to see if there was any fungus gnats around....NONE!!! The peppermint/neem/tobacco/hotsauce worked!!!!

My nutrient mix is already been bubbling for 24 hours, but I am going to go another 24, to help raise the ph, as well as dry out the soil more...

Yesterday I also added more sugar to my poor man's CO2 system just to hopefully raise the ppm of CO2 in my tent slightly, I don't have a meter so I am just hopeful!!

Here are todays photos!!

Tent overview

DSC019022.JPG

My Chemband's
DSC01903.JPG

My Blue Dragon's
DSC019041.JPG

DSC019051.JPG

A close up of my Blue Dragon bud
DSC019061.JPG

A close up of my Blue Dragon twin towers
DSC019071.JPG

A close up of my Chemband buds
DSC019081.JPG

A close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC01909.JPG

Thanks 420AZluv!!! I appreciate you swinging thru to check out my 1st grow....stay tuned because I have a feeling these babies are really going to shine soon!!!

June 11th, Day 18 of flowering!!!

Fed the ladies today, gave them 4 1/2 gallons of my pre bubbled nutrient mix. Bubbled for 48hours, ph5.8 when I fed them. No ph balancing was done. Did very light pruning, lollipopping, to a few of my ladies with branches that never would make the canopy. Other than that just shot some photo's today of the beautiful nugs developing....enjoy!!!

Full Tent View
DSC019101.JPG

My Chemband's
DSC019111.JPG

My Blue Dragon's
DSC01912.JPG

DSC01913.JPG

My Blue Dragon bud close up
DSC019141.JPG

My Blue Dragon Twin towers
DSC01916.JPG

Close up of one of the Blue Dragon towers
DSC01918.JPG

Close up, side shot of Blue Dragon bud
DSC019191.JPG

My Chemband bud close up
DSC019151.JPG

A side view close up of my Chemband
DSC019201.JPG

My University Hill's OG bud close up
DSC019171.JPG

A side angle of University Hill's OG bud
DSC01921.JPG

Looking good Ice, I love the fact I can compare since were only a day apart looks like there finally starting to get denser by the day cant wait buddy to bad your in oc love to compare some medz

Thanks Crower...yeah I like checking your journal daily to compare how the different strains are filling out. Cant believe both of us are only in week 3 and have nugs everywhere!!! Man..I've never been to SD so might have a reason to come check it out and share some meds!! Your forest is looking great!!!

Thanks Crower...yeah I like checking your journal daily to compare how the different strains are filling out. Cant believe both of us are only in week 3 and have nugs everywhere!!! Man..I've never been to SD so might have a reason to come check it out and share some meds!! Your forest is looking great!!!

Nothing but love an grow support bro lol no homo level tho...Yea for sure the OG strains I will stick with just because my nug sizes are very dense like you said for 3 weeks lol an very frosty with the SSU, next week Ill be bumping up the nutes an adding the gravity an see how the ladies will act towards the increase....Never been to SD damn your missing out but then again I love Huntington Beach lol I got the Og Herijuana vegging right now an just purchased another tent setup like the one I have going right now cant wait!:cheer:

Nothing but love an grow support bro lol no homo level tho...Yea for sure the OG strains I will stick with just because my nug sizes are very dense like you said for 3 weeks lol an very frosty with the SSU, next week Ill be bumping up the nutes an adding the gravity an see how the ladies will act towards the increase....Never been to SD damn your missing out but then again I love Huntington Beach lol I got the Og Herijuana vegging right now an just purchased another tent setup like the one I have going right now cant wait!:cheer:

lmao@ no homo....hahaha...yeah I'm all about the ladies yo...one of the big reasons I love Cali!! I've been using the snowstorm on my last 3 feedings, only been giving them 5ml total for 4 1/2 gallons of water. I am still not sure if I am going to use the gravity yet because I have read mixed reviews on it....most were saying it does make the nugs rock hard, but also some mentioned that it decreased yield as well.. But the SSU is kicking ass!! All 3 of my strains are showing lots of shiny crystals already!!! I'm working on finding a good deal on another tent for a veg cause most of my clones rooted, as well as some unknown Hawaiian seeds that I want to start... Yeah never got down to San Diego yet, but I'm sure I will eventually, I heard its a lot of fun....

Today June 12, Day 18 of flowering. Not much to report on today, I noticed that my last watering did not sink well into the soil...seemed like the top layer of soil became harder than normal for some reason, so I took a spoon and lightly turned the top 1-2" of soil to assist in breaking it up, aerating it, but being careful not to disturb any roots. No fungus gnats!!! at all!!! I am very happy that my attack worked and finally they have been defeated!!!

All 3 strains now are budding nicely, the stacked bud sites are starting to fill in the gaps between and on some buds already connecting..My University Hill's og is really frosty, but popcorn style nugs... The blue dragon has tons of tops (over 30) and they are all filling in with dense tight nugs of white...I also noticed on 2 of the blue dragon buds...I saw my first amber/red hair!! Cant wait till they start turning purple!! My chembands are also thriving, stacking many bud sites, and very crystally nugs!!!

Here are the photo's for today, June 12, Day 18 of flowering!!!

Tent overview
DSC019221.JPG

Overview of my Chembands
DSC019231.JPG

Overview of the University Hill's OG's
DSC019241.JPG

Overview of the Blue Dragon's
DSC019252.JPG

Close up of Blue Dragon bud
DSC01926.JPG

The Blue dragon twin towers
DSC01929.JPG

A close up of one of the Blue Dragon twin towers
DSC01930.JPG

A close up of my Chemband bud
DSC01927.JPG

A close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC01928.JPG

Since the Ladies were looking so nice today, I decided to give them a well deserved photoshoot...lol Here are some more pics...

A close up comparison of Blue Dragon Bud
DSC019321.JPG

A side shot of the tent, showing all the lower bud developments
DSC019331.JPG

Another close up of my blue dragon's bud
DSC019352.JPG

Another Close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC019391.JPG

A nice shot of my Chemband's bud
DSC019372.JPG

An angled shot of the tent
DSC019412.JPG

Threw a rockstar can in the tent so you can see how large they are...the University Hill's Og's are at about 4' tall right now
DSC019422.JPG

Another side shot of the tent for size comparison...
DSC01943.JPG

Back
Top Bottom