1st Medical Grow, 3 Strains in 2x4 Hydrohut

Today June 13th, Day 20 of flowering!!!

Not much to report today, the ladies are really starting to fill in the space between bud sites on the colas!! Much more trichomes are forming on all 3 strains... All 3 of the strains really are starting to give off there beautiful stink....the blue dragon really has a strong undertone of blueberry, my chemband is very sweet/skunky smelling, and my University Hill's Og has that rubbery/skunky/kushy stank to it.....I am so far very happy with how everything is going.....and another bonus...still no signs of fungus gnats!!!

Either today or tomm. I will be mixing up my next feeding and putting it on bubble. I now usually bubble my mixes for 48 hours and with that bringing the ph up to around mid 5's, I don't need to use any ph adjuster....I really am starting to love organic growing!!!

Every one of my feedings I am still including my experimental juice additives of Naked brand "green machine" and "blue Machine" and so far no adverse effects....

Thank you everyone who has stopped by to comment and join me in the fun of my 1st grow!!!! very much appreciate everyone interest and assistance!!!

Here are today, June 13th, Day 20 of flowering's photos!!!
Full tent overview
DSC01944.JPG

Overview of my Blue Dragons
DSC01945.JPG

Overview of my Chemband's
DSC01946.JPG

Overview of my University Hill's Og's
DSC019471.JPG

Close up of my Blue Dragon's Bud
DSC019481.JPG

Close up of my Chemband's bud
DSC019491.JPG

Close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC019501.JPG

Close up of my Blue Dragon twin towers....wow there filling in!!!
DSC019511.JPG

A side view of my blue dragons...look at all the tops..

DSC019521.JPG

A closer side view of my blue dragons..
DSC01953.JPG

Another close up of my Chemband's bud
DSC01954.JPG

Another Close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC01955.JPG

damn you can see the leaves are already gettin frosty, i can just imagine how frosty the buds are gonna be at the end, frost already now thats crazy!!!! cant wait to see the end!!! :thumb:

Thanks Sukafree!! Yeah I'm pretty impressed as well, especially cause I am only at the end of week 3 of flowering....I can't wait to see what giving these ladies another month does...!!

Thanks Dutch for stopping in and checking out my grow....I've checked out your journal as well and your doing a really good job...stay tuned because this next month should get real interesting!!

Yeah Crower, that UV OG has finally seemed to hit the breaks and slow down...I only had another 6-8" to raise the lights so I was already considering a double layer scrog on the UVOG side of the the tent with some kind of netting..I'm sure that as the nugs get heavier I will have to come up with some solution but as of now I'm happy that they stopped stretching....

I also am starting to finally notice some either amber or purple hairs forming on my Blue Dragons.....Can't wait to see how they start shining!!

Hey there Ice! Wow! Just trying to catch up to your grow and got my chair out:) You have done an excellent job. :bravo: Really like your approach to F gnats. I hate those things to. What finally ended it for me was in the final stages of flower when I seriously began flushing. Your systems seems to have have worked great! :welldone: I am also considering going to the EJ line for this grow. It's great to see you have had so much success for your 1st grow! :cheer: Nice set up also and love the vids Bro!!!

I'm in...subbed!

:peace:

Hey there Ice! Wow! Just trying to catch up to your grow and got my chair out:) You have done an excellent job. :bravo: Really like your approach to F gnats. I hate those things to. What finally ended it for me was in the final stages of flower when I seriously began flushing. Your systems seems to have have worked great! :welldone: I am also considering going to the EJ line for this grow. It's great to see you have had so much success for your 1st grow! :cheer: Nice set up also and love the vids Bro!!!

I'm in...subbed!

Thanks Macgyver!! I appreciate you taking the time to follow along and really appreciate the kind words!!! I really tried to do my homework in every aspect from lighting, soil mixes, nutrients...all on down the line and so far it looks as if it is paying off!! :) The curing makes me a little nervous but with all the good people here at 420 mag, I know I am in good hands.:)

The fungus gnats were a pain in my grass....lol but I finally have rid them 100%... now I know next time what to do for preventive measures...and not to leave my front door open for bbq's...lol... Thanks again for stopping on by and stay tuned for the fun part!!!

:bong:

Today, June 14th, Day 21 of flowering. *Last day of week 3*

The ladies are really looking nice today, trichome formation is really becoming visible on all buds. All of the tops are starting to really thicken up and become large..and this is only week 3!!!! I'm excited!! Checked the soil ph with my cheapo meters...bought 2 of the prong kind....one 2 prong, one 3 prong...both were reading my soil right around 7 on all pots.. +/- .3... I also used the moisture gauge to see how the soil was doing since now its near impossible to lift the pots and get a true feel for how wet they are.... Soil was reading moist about 6" down so I know within the next 48 hours they will need a watering...

Mixed up 4 1/2 gallons distilled water with my nutrient mix to bubble for the next 48 hours. Used EJ line ( Grow 120ml, Bloom 60ml, Catalyst 30ml, Micro 40ml, metaK 40ml), with 30ml Hygrowzyme, 60ml Europonic Humic Acid, 5TBSP of unsulphured molassass, 10ml of AN Liquid CarboLoad, 10ml of Humboldt Snow Storm, 5ml of Humboldt gravity (says to start using at week 4), 20ml of Botanicare Cal/Mag, 10ml of BioRoot by GO, and 10ml of BioWeed by GO. Also added 10ml of each Naked "green machine" and "blue machine" fruit smoothies...

Measured the ppm and it sat at 850ppm, and ph was low at 4.1. (will come up to around 6.2 by 48 hours from now. Other than that, picked off a few yellowed leaves that were on the lower canopy, about 1 a day is coming off the plants, I think this is normal but not sure...

Here are today's photo's...Last day of Flowering week 3

Tent Overview....
DSC01957.JPG

Chemband's
DSC01958.JPG

Blue Dragon's
DSC019591.JPG

University Hill's OG's
DSC01960.JPG

Blue Dragon Bud close up
DSC01961.JPG

Chemband bud close up
DSC01962.JPG

University Hill's OG bud close up
DSC01963.JPG

My Blue Dragon twin towers
DSC01964.JPG

A side view of the Blue Dragon bud's
DSC01965.JPG

A side view of the Chemband Bud's
DSC019661.JPG

A side view of the University Hill's OG bud
DSC01967.JPG

A side view of the Blue Dragon bud
DSC01968.JPG

Another close up of the University Hill's OG bud
DSC01969.JPG

Another close up of the Chemband bud
DSC01970.JPG

A close up of my Blue Dragon bud
DSC01971.JPG

Thanks Macgyver!! I appreciate you taking the time to follow along and really appreciate the kind words!!! I really tried to do my homework in every aspect from lighting, soil mixes, nutrients...all on down the line and so far it looks as if it is paying off!! :) The curing makes me a little nervous but with all the good people here at 420 mag, I know I am in good hands.:)

The fungus gnats were a pain in my grass....lol but I finally have rid them 100%... now I know next time what to do for preventive measures...and not to leave my front door open for bbq's...lol... Thanks again for stopping on by and stay tuned for the fun part!!!

:bong:

No way I'm gonna miss your homegrown homerun! :goodluck:

June 15th, Day 22 of flowering (beginning of week 4)

Not much was done to the ladies today besides giving them there feeding of nutrients. I was going to wait another day but the ladies were really dry and my pre bubbled mix was sitting at ph 4.6. I have gone this low before and my soil is still sitting fine so I decided to fee them. I am not using any ph adjusters anymore and so far I have had no nutrient lockouts since dropping the PH UP.

Other than the watering today, not much else could be done besides giving them a photoshoot and admiring.

Here the today's photo's. June 15th, Day 22 flowering.

Tent overview
DSC019721.JPG

Chemband overview
DSC019731.JPG

Blue Dragon overview
DSC01974.JPG

University Hill's OG
DSC019752.JPG

My blue dragon twin towers
DSC019761.JPG

Close up of blue dragon bud
DSC019771.JPG

Side view of blue dragon bud
DSC019781.JPG

Side view of chemband bud
DSC01979.JPG

Top view of Chemband bud
DSC01980.JPG

Top view of University Hill's OG bud
DSC01981.JPG

Side view of University Hill's OG bud
DSC01982.JPG

Side view of blue dragon canopy
DSC01983.JPG

Side view of Chemband canopy
DSC01984.JPG

Side view of University Hill's OG canopy
DSC019851.JPG

Looking o so sweet my friend very nice dense buds coming

I'm definitely getting excited now that there swelling up so nice and looking so frosty!!!! The blue dragon really has a strong blueberry scent to it which makes my taste buds water...I'm so happy I took clones of all of these strains...most likely will grow these again for sure!!

Looks great Icemud! Nice to see you working through the ph issues. :goodluck: What will be your "triggers" for harvest?

by triggers do you mean indications for harvest time or bloom stimulators and nutrients?

Today June 16th, there is not much to report. The ladies buds really seemed to swell up since yesterday's watering. Even more bud sites are filling in and trichomes now are everywhere on the developing buds. I have been contemplating changing out my MH bulb for a HPS for the next 3 weeks since the stretch is over, but decided to stay with the dual spectrum for the remainder of the grow since so far the results are really good, and 1000w for a 3x5 tent should be plenty enough light for great bud development...

Other than that, just going to sit back and admire there beauty today!!

Back
Top Bottom