1st Time Growing - Autoflower Strain - Tutankhamon In Soil - 240W LED

I did like, oh, an ounce in my fridge, in the crisper, no smell at all, now 3-4oz, maybe a bit different...lol
Thank you so much for that information. I think I will switch today.

I have mason jars bit no cheesecloth and no paper bag.

Going to cut the buds off the stem, place in mason jar and maybe a coffee filter would work for the top to substitute cheese cloth?

Will dry them using this method then place covers on jar for curing outside the fridge...unless the curing is done this way too..curing gives the smell so I would probably seal the tops and locate them to dark areas for a while.

Thank you so much for that information. I think I will switch today.

I have mason jars bit no cheesecloth and no paper bag.

Going to cut the buds off the stem, place in mason jar and maybe a coffee filter would work for the top to substitute cheese cloth?

Will dry them using this method then place covers on jar for curing outside the fridge...unless the curing is done this way too..curing gives the smell so I would probably seal the tops and locate them to dark areas for a while.
Maybe leave open the lids now , filter may not let em breath
Most grocery store have cheese cloth in baking or do dad's isle, just get some next trip

Maybe leave open the lids now , filter may not let em breath
Most grocery store have cheese cloth in baking or do dad's isle, just get some next trip

I work in a bakery so I will take one from there. I googled alternatives for cheesecloth and coffee filter was there, dish cloth, and other items...but cheesecloth will be what I am going with.

What if the lid had holes on it..would that work until I get the cheesecloth?

I work in a bakery so I will take one from there. I googled alternatives for cheesecloth and coffee filter was there, dish cloth, and other items...but cheesecloth will be what I am going with.

What if the lid had holes on it..would that work until I get the cheesecloth?
I did mine at 1st with lid off, worked well,
Now i place em on racks in my keg-o-rater and rotate every few days
They will be fine till u get the cloth

And ya cure like normal,in jars, burping as usual outside the fridge

Some are discussing trying to cure in the fridge, not sure anyone has tried yet though
Yeah I'm not gonna cure in the fridge..will do the dry process however

Indy - congrats:high-five:

I knew that you'd end up being happy with King Tut. Not the prettiest plant but sounds like the buzz was nice ;) Did you trim the buds from the stems to go in the jars yet? I'd be interested to know the weight.

I've grown a couple autos and you can get a decent yield with them. Check out some of the Plants of the Month that are autos:

420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - July 2017

Photo's can outproduce autos because you have control over the veg period but I've seen some really crazy yields on 420mag.
:Namaste:

Oh yea - check out my link below on making bubble hash with the leaves. It's really easy and the bag cost me $30.

I plan on making cannabutter from my AVB (already vaped bud). From what I read, you need to decarbonize the weed (bake in the oven) to make cannabutter. Might be tough to do that in the house with kids. Weed for thought :blunt:

I also pluck a bud or two as much as 4 weeks before harvest to dry them out a bit and give them a smoke. I don't have the patience to wait until they cure properly for weeks. Once I get a bud or two dry, I can leave the rest untouched for a couple weeks :Namaste:

She wont weigh very much. I weighed her at 130g attached to stems. I will get something to smoke..wont last u til cheese is ready buy will do.

I'm gonna be placing in the fridge in jars tonight as recommended by @scorpio420

I'm not sure if I should leave stems on while it dries or not when placed in jars. I k ow cure u remove stems but isn't the plant still getting things during drying from the stems?

The bake in the oven can happen overnight and thry won't know..or a friends house...see what happens.

She is an ugly plant..i really wish I could say what happened..like I said..dense or not..if it works then I'm happy.

She wont weigh very much. I weighed her at 130g attached to stems. I will get something to smoke..wont last u til cheese is ready buy will do.

I'm gonna be placing in the fridge in jars tonight as recommended by @scorpio420

I'm not sure if I should leave stems on while it dries or not when placed in jars. I k ow cure u remove stems but isn't the plant still getting things during drying from the stems?

The bake in the oven can happen overnight and thry won't know..or a friends house...see what happens.

She is an ugly plant..i really wish I could say what happened..like I said..dense or not..if it works then I'm happy.
I trim mine, but keep em loose in the jars, don't pack em in

You will love em this way and be another advocate for low n slow

Indy - congrats:high-five:

I knew that you'd end up being happy with King Tut. Not the prettiest plant but sounds like the buzz was nice ;) Did you trim the buds from the stems to go in the jars yet? I'd be interested to know the weight.

I've grown a couple autos and you can get a decent yield with them. Check out some of the Plants of the Month that are autos:

420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - July 2017

Photo's can outproduce autos because you have control over the veg period but I've seen some really crazy yields on 420mag.
:Namaste:
I have seen them..i got my king tut up there in the contest.

Going to use cheese to enter the next couple rounds.

I trim mine, but keep em loose in the jars, don't pack em in

You will love em this way and be another advocate for low n slow
Oh I wasn't planning on packing them at all..but if you trim off stems that's how I will proceed with drying. Never done it before so nothing to lose. Here we go...

I am guessing half ounce is what I will get. Very tiny plant. Will post weight after cut

So @Scorpio420 what's the beat way to k ow when it is dry?

Very dumb question but where it's in the fridge it's hard to judge.

Do I window it to turn very dry dusty to feel?

My buds are NOT riggt and are loose..potent but loose..airy fluffy buds will dry quicker.

In the jars in sure there is moisture..drying outside is easy to tell..but with airy fluffy buds that lost it's thickness after the chop..whats a sure tell sign it's ready to start curing?

Small plant..small buds..weigned about 48 grams after stems removed @golfer420 filled 2 mason jars

Had lots to do with not being able to keep her flowering and had to cut earlier than I wanted due to space..missed the most crucial part..the last 2 weeks of fattening up.

Cheese shot from yesterday...fed more molasses with no nutrients. 4L of water and going strong.

420-magazine-mobile1905267696.jpg

Popped 2 seeds today (king tut auto) which will be put in a 1- 2 gallon pots just to get rid of the seeds and have some extra smoke. I figure with smaller pots she should flower quicker once she becomes root bound.

Getting rid of these seeds and sticking to photos going forward. I will NOT be doing any training on these 2..just grow natural to see what it's like seeing the last 2 were tied down.

So it's been a week of drying so far...

Started by hanging then moved to fridge.

Checked today and the buds are very dry...the outside anyways. The stems are not snapping but bend..some with a little crack but not clean dry snap.

When touching pieces fall off where it's dry.

Moved them outside the fridge and started the cure process.

Used cheesecloth on the jars to hold a piece of orange peel above the buds. Hopefully this will hydrate them a little where they are so brittle to touch and add some fruity flavor.

Will leave the peel in the jars for a few hours and then remove once outsides are not so brittle and dry.

Jars are now inside a box to be sure there is no light.

Let the burps begin

I measure the humidity in the jar with those little hygrometers. When dried well, I'm around 70%. Curing will get them to around 60-65%. Then i toss in a Boveda 62. They help to regulate the humidity

Good to see things going well :high-five:

:passitleft:

I measure the humidity in the jar with those little hygrometers. When dried well, I'm around 70%. Curing will get them to around 60-65%. Then i toss in a Boveda 62. They help to regulate the humidity

Good to see things going well :high-five:

:passitleft:
I have no way too judge humidity so I'm going by judgement.

Took a piece out of jar and smoked last night. Baked me for hours. Was very impressed.

Thanks golfer..cant wait for cheese to be done. I need another tent now so I can start a perpetual grow lol

I have to say the cheese plant is getting bigger and bigger every day..and I don't mean height growth..i mean bud formation...i love this plant!!

4 weeks into flower and filling out nice I do think so

420-magazine-mobile1783868664.jpg

420-magazine-mobile288294509.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1639090840.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1633790071.jpg

420-magazine-mobile402817820.jpg

Back
Top Bottom