2021 Grow Season! What you're planning to plant? Any new to you strains? Any goals?

Hello! Just what the title says: got a grow plan you're proud of? Any new strains you're extra excited about?

I'm sitting here in Michigan with snow on the ground, getting annoyingly excited about this year's outdoor season. My family is getting tired of me babbling about weed so I'm unloading on y'all.

I'm a noob so I'm expanding my outdoor grow in terms of number of plants and size of containers. A whole 12! I got sucked into Seedsman's black Friday thing last year and ended up with 11 strains (10 of which are new to me) to fill those pots with (Gelat.OG x2).

Alien Rock Candy
Rudeboi OG
Wedding Cake
Critical Purple Kush
Sour Diesel
LSD
Hulk berry
Triple Cheese
White Widow
Gorilla Glue 4

Part of my brain is saying 'you should stick to a few strains so you can focus more on learning the basics'. Then there's the other parts that's screaming 'VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE YOLO!!!' while bashing two pans together.

I also want to build a proper rdwc system because the masochist in me is thoroughly enjoying my current ghetto dwc grow. I

Hello! Just what the title says: got a grow plan you're proud of? Any new strains you're extra excited about?

I'm sitting here in Michigan with snow on the ground, getting annoyingly excited about this year's outdoor season. My family is getting tired of me babbling about weed so I'm unloading on y'all.

I'm a noob so I'm expanding my outdoor grow in terms of number of plants and size of containers. A whole 12! I got sucked into Seedsman's black Friday thing last year and ended up with 11 strains (10 of which are new to me) to fill those pots with (Gelat.OG x2).

Alien Rock Candy
Rudeboi OG
Wedding Cake
Critical Purple Kush
Sour Diesel
LSD
Hulk berry
Triple Cheese
White Widow
Gorilla Glue 4

Part of my brain is saying 'you should stick to a few strains so you can focus more on learning the basics'. Then there's the other parts that's screaming 'VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE YOLO!!!' while bashing two pans together.

I also want to build a proper rdwc system because the masochist in me is thoroughly enjoying my current ghetto dwc grow. I
I’d like to see your ghetto dwc setup. I’m going to start one soon. I also have a Gelato mom I haven’t had time to touch yet. I think I’m going to grow a shit load of Gelato this year. See how that goes. This is a pic of Mommy to be. She is due any day now hehe.
Also looking forward to outdoor season,think I’ll build a green house and try and keep the mights at bay. Happy growing cheers.

A601E42C-C586-4A90-9A7B-9A4CC86C0C12.jpeg

I always grow a variety in my tent. I use to have a 4x4, but just moved to a 5x5 tent. Every grown I have done have been 8 plants/strains in the tent. Some work for me and others don’t. I just started my latest grow and once again I’m doing 8 different strains for the first time. Amnesia Lemon Kush, Lemonchello Haze, Bruce Banger, Moby Dick, Diesel Drift, Chocolate Mint OG, Creamsicle, and Pineapple Chunk. I use to do Indica or leaning that way hybrids. Still doing some Indica strains, but now moving more in the Sativa side. Next grow might force me to go with fewer plants then 8 as I might just grow straight up Sativa plants, and need to room to spread the love.

Just grew White Widow(love it), LSD(good but want more psychedelic effect) Critical Purple Kush (good sleepy med) and various Glue crosses and haven’t disliked one yet (currently loving Glookies) Plus I have some Sour Diesel and Wedding Cake on its way for my next grow as well.

So glad to hear that you're excited and passionate about this new hobby and your family should be too considering the dark place you were in not too long ago!
I have a new strain I'm really excited about for 2021 (technically started her last month) that's a Pakistani landrace. Supposedly superb medicinal benefits without the medicine head afterwards.
Spoke directly with the breeder to ask what they recommended for our situation and they were very helpful and compassionate, even followed up to ask how my wife was feeling!

Alien Rock Candy
Rudeboi OG
Wedding Cake
Critical Purple Kush
Sour Diesel
LSD
Hulk berry
Triple Cheese
White Widow
Gorilla Glue 4

Hey Copper, love your post! Do you see challenges to a stationary dwc with that many different strains /varieties just due to different growth rates and stretch at bloom?
I run alot of varieties and it’s amazing the size and growth rate differences at different stages of their lives. I don’t run anything together anymore though.

I always grow a variety in my tent. I use to have a 4x4, but just moved to a 5x5 tent. Every grown I have done have been 8 plants/strains in the tent. Some work for me and others don’t. I just started my latest grow and once again I’m doing 8 different strains for the first time. Amnesia Lemon Kush, Lemonchello Haze, Bruce Banger, Moby Dick, Diesel Drift, Chocolate Mint OG, Creamsicle, and Pineapple Chunk. I use to do Indica or leaning that way hybrids. Still doing some Indica strains, but now moving more in the Sativa side. Next grow might force me to go with fewer plants then 8 as I might just grow straight up Sativa plants, and need to room to spread the love.

Just grew White Widow(love it), LSD(good but want more psychedelic effect) Critical Purple Kush (good sleepy med) and various Glue crosses and haven’t disliked one yet (currently loving Glookies) Plus I have some Sour Diesel and Wedding Cake on its way for my next grow as well.

I’d like to see your ghetto dwc setup. I’m going to start one soon. I also have a Gelato mom I haven’t had time to touch yet. I think I’m going to grow a shit load of Gelato this year. See how that goes. This is a pic of Mommy to be. She is due any day now hehe.
Also looking forward to outdoor season,think I’ll build a green house and try and keep the mights at bay. Happy growing cheers.

A601E42C-C586-4A90-9A7B-9A4CC86C0C12.jpeg
I love Gelat.OG!

My signature is a link to my current dwc. Whatever you do....get a reservoir. I'm growing without and as the plants get bigger I'm risking damaging the tops and the roots each time I do a solution change. Also it's a pain to try to keep two solutions doing the exact same thing.

Hey Copper, love your post! Do you see challenges to a stationary dwc with that many different strains /varieties just due to different growth rates and stretch at bloom?
I run alot of varieties and it’s amazing the size and growth rate differences at different stages of their lives. I don’t run anything together anymore though.
Thanks! I will never do stationary again :D. Next hydro grow will at least be a recirc system.

I'm growing the buffet'o'weed outdoors. I can't imagine trying that in hydro right now

So glad to hear that you're excited and passionate about this new hobby and your family should be too considering the dark place you were in not too long ago!
I have a new strain I'm really excited about for 2021 (technically started her last month) that's a Pakistani landrace. Supposedly superb medicinal benefits without the medicine head afterwards.
Spoke directly with the breeder to ask what they recommended for our situation and they were very helpful and compassionate, even followed up to ask how my wife was feeling!
Landrace means a totally wild legendary strain, right? Kind of like going to the Chincoteague wild horse auction and getting a mustang? (also there needs to be a pokemon game...but for strains...new forms are just improved genetics)

I've been getting my strain info from Leafly but they seem to sometimes have conflicting info about what a strain treats. Is there a better source for pharmacopoeial information?

My plans are to expand my grow area, I’ll be moving out my 4x4 tent to a larger permanent room. (Still in the layout stage)

I’ll be growing some new to me strains as well as dabbling in some sativa dominant hybrids and pure sativa strains in the new larger space.

Landrace means a totally wild legendary strain, right? Kind of like going to the Chincoteague wild horse auction and getting a mustang? (also there needs to be a pokemon game...but for strains...new forms are just improved genetics)

I've been getting my strain info from Leafly but they seem to sometimes have conflicting info about what a strain treats. Is there a better source for pharmacopoeial information?
that seems to be correct. Though to be clear these seeds didn't come off the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere but bred from wild genetics using the most stable parent plants to create optimal seed stock. My understanding is that there have been no modern or trendy genetics introduced.
As for tracking medicinal info I'm sure it's gotta be tricky to keep up with all the strains as there seem to be hundreds of new ones appearing daily LOL so as you said checking more than one source either clarifies or muddies the waters.

that seems to be correct. Though to be clear these seeds didn't come off the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere but bred from wild genetics using the most stable parent plants to create optimal seed stock. My understanding is that there have been no modern or trendy genetics introduced.
As for tracking medicinal info I'm sure it's gotta be tricky to keep up with all the strains as there seem to be hundreds of new ones appearing daily LOL so as you said checking more than one source either clarifies or muddies the waters.
Good! I'll have a look. Anything to keep my brain distracted today

Also, they kind of buried it but there's a really good section of the website i like to read with articles about cannabis for ailments...

And another that let's you filter strain reviews per ailment

I found this plant Pakistan 1975 and if you look there are plants from all over the globe. The Landrace plants are the genetic mothers of all the different strains available today. Since I am ol skewl going to keep my medicine grow the say way.:passitleft:
That's the one I'm growing!! The breeder was super friendly when i contacted them with questions.
How has your experience been with it? (Mine are still babies)

Back
Top Bottom