3rd Grow 1 Gallon Fun Run 12/12 LST-SOG and Maybe Some Topping

falcore

Hello and welcome to grow #3. This round im gonna see what plants in 1 gal containers can do. I want to focus on using nutes to get the plants to reach their potential in small containers.
Right now i have seven sprouts that are between 11 and 8 days old.( i sprouted them with cfls.) They are from some seeds i got from my first grow. I have yet to fully grow out this strain. it was a cross from t0p44 and some unamed stuff from menecino and since i have like 400 seeds i figure i should give it a name but not till after this grow.
My set up is a 400watt mh then switching to a 400watt HPS at 12/12
im growing in a 2x2x5 rebuild of my old grow box. ill post some pics
im using fox farms ocean forest w/ perlite and hemp hurd.
i want to do a 1/3 soil 1/3 perlite and 1/3 hemp hurd. So the plants are more dependent on nutes i mix than what is in the soil. I want to get better at using the ferts this time.
Im gonna be using the fox farm trio gb tb and bb plus dyna gro tekt silicon, flora nectar, and mad farmer mother of all blooms. I have seen all thease in action over it irishboys grows and i was impressed 1080w LED Inferno
The temps are good between 83 and 87 only 7 degrees hotter than my room.
Pic will be up in a few min. :tokin::welcome:

Re: 3rd grow 1gal fun run 12/12 lst-sog and maybe some topping :)

here is the new set up still kinda crappy but runs much cooler
P10100015.JPG

P10100023.JPG

P10100075.JPG

P10100081.JPG

here are the little sprouts im gonna transplant them tomorrow into their 1 gal homes
i will number them to keep track of whos who and whats what. i you look at the one in the lower left it is a 3 leafer hope its a female.
P10100056.JPG

P10100064.JPG

ill post some more 2marrow after the transplant

Ok so i did the trans plant last night and they are alive and looking good to day. The temps are for the first time ever are exactly the same as my room temps +or - a degree. :yahoo: i have always had a problem with temps in my past grows. so here are a couple of shots of them in their new buckets i ended up doing about 1/2 soil and 1/4 hemp herd and 1/4 perlite mainly because the 1 gal were even smaller than i thought they would be lol but we'll see what happends.
P10100115.JPG
P10100143.JPG
P10100152.JPG

This friday i will pick up the silica solution and start feeding them with that and Im thinking to start them on ff grow big nutes in a week or so.

hey alex welcome aboard. Ill try to make it worth the stay lol

I got paid and headed to the hydro shop some dyna gro protek silica today and pineapple rush flora nectar. Im only gonna use the silica untill they start to flower. I fed 3 of them that needed water with a 1/4 tsp per gal solution and then foliar fed the rest with the same and then took their picture.

they are starting a bit of a growth spurt.
P10100166.JPG

Hey Falcore,

Your younglings are looking great!

:popcorn:

StewyandShan- welcome i skimmed through part of your journal last night. Im very curious to know how well your 1gal gals turned out. I'll read through your whole journal when i get the chance

endive- welcome and thanx for the props

so i was reading through my post from last night. What i meant to say was that i am going to use the silica w/ the fox farm nutes and then add the pineapple rush when they start to flower. tired and medicated are not conducive to typing.

Its been a few days and i got some gooood news. :grinjoint: Of the 7 plants i have 3 confirmed females and one hermi of course. i thought it was gonna be a male but it threw out some pistils at its top node so im gonna see if it goes to mostly female or if it will be a mostly male flowering plant so it busted out the tweezers and plucked off the pollen sacks. so i have 3 to go b-4 i know how many females i have im hoping for just 5 but we will see what happens. I have yet to give them any nutes yet besides the silica. i was going to on the last watering but i used way to much of the ph down and didn't have any ph up to fix it and didnt want to over do it with the silica so i went to the store and picked some ph up to day and will feed them in a few days when they need it. I just discoverd that i have a hydro shop like 10 min from my house instead of like 30min.lol. the hemp hurd seems to be holding on to moisture a bit which it cool considering the size of containers im using so i hope i works to my advantage in the future. here are some pics
P10100082.JPG

P10100077.JPG

P10100066.JPG

P10100057.JPG

P10100044.JPG

P10100033.JPG

P10100024.JPG

P10100017.JPG

sorry i didn't have time to label them i will post some more in a few days with details

hello ok here is the next update i finally took some pics and uploaded them. The plants have not shown a whole lotta growth but they are getting there. The official tally is 4females 2males and 1 hermi. The males went this afternoon. I'm keeping a close close close close eye on the hermi pulling off any thing that looks like pollen sacks. I'm gonna switch my light to the HPS in the morning give em some red spectrum to chew on maybe it will pump up their growth a bit.
Thease are the two males that are now drying for a bit then off to the freezer for oil.
P10100104.JPG

this is the leggy female #1
P10100117.JPG

this is the three leaved mutant #3
P10100125.JPG

this is the hermi #6 looks a lot like #1
P10100212.JPG

this is the not so leggy female #5
P10100173.JPG

this is the short stack lady of the group #2
before lst
P10100182.JPG

after lst
P10100245.JPG

group shots
P10100222.JPG

P10100263.JPG

P10100271.JPG

thanx for stopping by
:tokin:

oops i forgot to add this to the post above.......
I have been foliar feeding them from the start with silica at 1/4 tsp per gal and then i added ff grow big at like a bout 1/8 tsp per gallon. im gonna feed who ever needs it tomorrow with a solution of silica at 1/3 tsp, grow big 1/4 tsp, flora nectar at 1/2 tsp per gallon. i ph'd it between 6.0 and 6.5. so we will see how that works out.

Here is a quick update fed to more plants. I looks like i got fungus gnats that must have been sucked in through my window fan and then into my grow fan at the bottom of my set up. ive been hunting them by hand for the last few days they aren't taking over yet so im gonna invest in some sticky fly paper to see if i can keep em under control. other than that all is well no nute burn from my first feeding and i am giving them a light foliar feeding still, of a really weak grow big and silica mix and if the gnats stay around im gonna stay with the silica foliar feeding to keep the ladies healthy. My hermi hasnt replaced any pollen sacs where i pinched them off and all the upper nodes look like they have only pistils but i will keep an eye on the lower branches to see if they are gonna go male or not.

this is the hermie #6 im naming hir It's Pat like on SNL from the early 90's.
P10100281.JPG

this is the leggy #1 starting to fill in a bit im naming her olive oil.
P1010028-3.JPG

this is the mutant #3 gonna call her blinky on account of having three leaves on the first two nodes. like the three eyed fish on the simpsons.
P1010028-2.JPG

this is the average one #5 gonna call her jane smith
P1010028-4.JPG

this is the short stack #2 im gonna call her nelie cuz there is this girl i used to work with who is short n stacked with very nice curves.
P1010028-1.JPG

and then here are the group shots.
P1010028-5.JPG

P10100302.JPG

P10100292.JPG

Plants look great! I've been wondering what you can get out of small containers myself.

I had some fungus gnat issues a while back, they came free with my Ocean Forest soil! I picked up some mosquito dunks ($10 at Lowes) and crumbled about a quarter teaspoon into each of the pots and watered it in. The bacteria decimates their larvae. I also keep one floating in my water reservoir. Each one is good for about 30 days. I had an infestation. After about a week and a half they've all completely disappeared.

hey raoul and welcome
thanx they are healthy but they are small lol i put some buckets under them to get them closer to the light so they don't stretch to much.
thanx for the info about the mosquito dunks as well. you just saved me and my grow from some serious nonsense as well as my vegi garden, that's where they came from. my soil was a cheap 3$ bag from rite aid that had the gnats. i think they get fd up in transit. but the gnats arnt that bad, yet. i see about 5-8 every time i tap the containers and i try to kill most of them when i see them.
did you have any issues with mixing the dunks with your nutes?

Nah, no issues, but i think the nutes could have some effect on the bacteria itself. Each dunk is good for about 30 days, and you can let them dry out intermittently. I just keep it floating in plain water (after I let the chlorine off gas) and take it out when I have to mix up a solution. It has no effect on my waters PH. I think keeping one in my water is a bit overkill since its already in the soil, but i don't want to ever mess with those things again. I hear the dunks kill root aphid and thrip larvae as well...

I hope they work out for you!

hi lebowskii welcome aboard
i burned my girls on my last grow with ff. so this one is gonna be a test of patience and focus.

yeap, ive heard of ff being a little tough, So far this grow I have been giving my girls full strength nutes, but instead of the X amount of teaspoons per gallon, I upped it to a gallon and a half so the watering wasnt TOO hot for the roots.

Also, I found I can up their nutes a little bit if I give the girls a good soaking with the hose first, then a few hours later I give em full strength or more and they love it. No sign of nute burn this grow yet. :)

im like this grow if im correct you started 12/12 from seed if so how old are the plant an what the silica for never heard of it for folar feeding

Back
Top Bottom