3rd Grow 1 Gallon Fun Run 12/12 LST-SOG and Maybe Some Topping

today was harvest day. i cut them down this afternoon and hung them up to dry. i took some pics of them with just buds left.

blinky
P1130017.JPG

jane
P1130009.JPG

nelie
P1130018.JPG

olive
P1130001.JPG

groups shot
P1130019.JPG

Nice looking plants my friend!!

Congratz on ur harvest I hope you enjoy it...

:bravo:

How tall did they get? Sorry if I missed where you posted it before..

nice... did you weigh em wet?
thanx herbsnbuds no but i will do a dry weight b4 i start to cure them.

How tall did they get?
thanx light one up. from left to right in the bottom picture. olive was around 19.5-20in.
blinky was about 18-19in. nelie was 16in and jane was 22-23in. no roots were poking through the bottom of the containers either.

when i do a dry weight and a pre-cure smoke report i will snap some shots of the roots. i haven't taken a good look at them but now they are out side cuz of the off and on fungus gnat issues.

Magnificent!
Is it more difficult to manicure he buds on the plant while its still growing or after its chopped?
thanx endive
on my last two grows i dried them with the water leaves and all. it is messier when your trim them up. but these plants were much smaller with less nodes to deal with. I think i will cut off the water leaves 2-4 days b4 i chop em from now on. their buds defiantly get bigger with less leaves. as far as trimming the bud leaf it depends on the plant. again these were little so not to hard but a larger plant may be harder to trim depending on your need to remove all the bud leaf like me. i like saving all my leaf and stems cuz its nice to have a freezer full of em when money gets tight and meds get low.
maybe do half one way and the other half another way. :tokin:

its much easier to groom em while they are still standing up in the buckets
i agree:cool:

Nice Work. :blunt:

I'm still just blown away by what those things put out. You've certainly inspired me to try this method on a couple plants during my next run when we're ready to flower.
:bravo:

Good call falcore, I've trimmed both ways and IMO it's easier to do a fresh trim straight from the growing plant, instead of hanging branches and doing it later. I also trim all water leaves with no trichomes a few days before harvest to get to the lower buds. I make bubblehash, so fresh trim is the best for the melty goodness as well. One note about trimming fresh buds is, don't let the branches sit very long in a tray, trim them immediately. If you don't, there a PITA to trim and your blade will stick to every single leaf and you will get irritated Quick and will have no fun. I usually trim with a single friend(trusting of course) and clip the big Colas first, get those out of the way and drying first. That way if you don't finish trimming in 1 night, you just let the buds grow another day and start again that night.

Great! Those look like nice nugs! Gotta rep you on a grow well done. They look tasty too! Which is the smelliest one?
thanx 619ster. they were all smelly the crazy thing was that they didn't smell the same. i see what they are like when dried
I'm still just blown away by what those things put out.
thanx raoul im stoked. its cool to see them make it in the little pots.
as they dry the buds are feeling fluffier but i haven't felt the main colas don't want them infected with mold and stuff. they look like they have way more crystals though.
i hope they are done drying by this weekend so i can weigh them, get em into jars and snap some pics.

grandaddie77-
i havent grown any thing big enough to have to dry it in pieces but it sounds like u got the method down for trimming. i love making bubble hash. I also like scissor hash. :tokin:

smoke and weight update
i was up from 3am to 6am cutting, trimming and jarring the plants.

Olive- 22.5g
nice smoke feels about 60/40 sativa so a little more on the heady side. doesnt have that much of an odor or too much flavor

Jane-20.0g
jane is about 50/50 nice body high with a nice clearheadedness. very frosty.

Blinky-17.0g
major sativa ,almost too much for me i get really worked up on sativas, i would say 70/30 or more. fruity smell with a little flavor.

Nelie-16.0g
mostly indica maybe like 30/70 very relaxing but without crazy couch-lock (my favorite after work smoke)
smells and taste like orange or citrus.

All of them are mid-grade in potency. i cant compete with the dispensaries in that way but most medi stuff i have gotten is too strong except hash of course. hehe
i hope they develop more flavor as they cure.

i will post some pics tomorrow (hopefully )

:tokin:

thanx for coming along for the ride

hey Falcore, i stopped by at beggining of this grow, then i fell of the edge of the earth lol looks great budy pleased your harvest turned out well for you, if you have a new grow post it on my journal or this one and il bure sure to tag along il be on 420 every day now

thanx 1st timer

ya the longer you cure the tastier they will get
thanx staffy they taste ok now but i like em better when they are fresh lol

thanx herbsnbuds
i just bought a light just like your t5 for vegging hope i can do as well as you with it.

thanx alex801
then i fell of the edge of the earth
flat earth society is a tough group. :smokin: man 23 plant sog no worries im in bro.

Back
Top Bottom