420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

Day 22 Flower
The girls look good on top - under the canopy there’s some leaves that are yellowing. It could be heat related as my tent got hot 2 days ago when my evap humidifier ran out of water. I read on another comparative growers page that GSC’s are heavy feeders. I have 6 more days before they are due for another top feed. If I continue to see issues, I may feed again this weekend. :morenutes:

Look at those tops!!! I have been giving a little extra at every feeding because of what I have been reading. Nothing drastic though. I would just wait until they are due for the topdress. Let the plant absorb the lower canopy nutrients and give them a proper buffet meal and watering when they are due.

Looking very nice.

Its weird how this strain looks very Indica in the beginning but the leaf's seem to go more sativa in flowering ?

Looking very nice.

Its weird how this strain looks very Indica in the beginning but the leaf's seem to go more sativa in flowering ?
@Websissy looking awesome!
Hybrid strains will always do some odd $#it..... it's in there genes.

Looking great! Your leaf color looks good and as Mocha said, I like the yellow tips a bit as well. Well done! Will be curious to see if you think the smoke ties back to your 70's experience. Happy Saturday!

Nice pics! How did you get the black background?

Your plants look great, too. They're filling out nicely.

Nice pics! How did you get the black background?

Your plants look great, too. They're filling out nicely.
Using the iPhone’s Portrait Studio feature. Also, to get a bit more focus I press my finger on the screen and hold it until the AF lock comes on, then you can slide the little side bar on the square to adjust your exposure.

Looking nice in there Sis :high-five: I see the girls had a manicure, I give mine the same, I like the yellow tips, she's right on cue, good work :passitleft:
I only did a bit of lollipoping at the start of flower underneath. I got rid of a few fans leaves up top then too. Someone mentioned not to get rid of fan leaves that seemed to be blocking light as they do the photosynthesis needed and the plant used up the lower canopy leaves for nutrition until the next feed. So I’ve left them alone the past few weeks.

Yesterday, I noticed little gnats busying themselves around a couple of my plants’ topsoil. I didn’t see that a lot were on the glue paper so I put diatomaceous earth on all the plants topsoil and added some new glue paper. Noticed a lot of bugs on the glue paper traps this morning. I’ve been using the SNS-209 as recommended - will give it some more on next watering. We actually have higher humidity the past couple of days in the desert from monsoon rains - plants pots feel heavy so won’t water again until tomorrow or Tuesday. Will be able to feed them again the GeoFlora Bloom on Thursday.

I read on another breeders site that GSC’s are aggressive feeders and needed extra cal/mag. I’ve been putting that in my waterings since late Veg when I started to see some deficiencies.

Day 24 Flower -

The girls canopies/bud growth looks good. Underneath the canopy though I continue to lose fan leaves on a couple of the plants that have had some major stretching. Wondering if the growth has led to more of the nutrients being taken from the lower leaves? Don’t see any more signs of gnats. Gave the 4 plants a 1/4 gallon of water each with a some mag/sulfur added. I didn’t want to water too much as our humidity is higher and I will be feeding @Geoflora Bloom and thoroughly watering on Thursday.

No pics this morning - at work now. Seeing more leaf yellowing/death under canopy of 2 largest plants. I think they are nutrient deficient - probably potassium and phosphorus. I will probably feed those two tonight - 2 days before the recommendation of 14 days.

I’m going out of town again for a long weekend - will have to find a caregiver to keep water in the evap humidifier. I’ll set up the ultrasonic one with distilled water too just in case. If I water them well on Thursday morning - they should be okay to go till Sunday for another watering. I have an auto watering system I’ll set up too (just to make sure). Need to test it a bit to get the right amount. I can set it for days/times and duration it flows.

It is the first time I've used a granule style of nutrients for growing my favourite herb.

When viewing several journals in the vegetative stage every body looked like they had an extra good dosage of nitrogen.

But when you come around to the transition of flowering & the first few or so weeks of forced flowering we may expect some early signs of nutrient deficiency's which the most common to be expected will be P - phosphorus & k - potassium in my own experience.

I'm kind of thinking of extra @GeoFlora Nutrients perhaps an extra tbsp or 2 on date of flip as to pre load the soil with nutrients & to allow time for the microorganisms to get to work to avoid any potential nutrient defs in the early stage of flowering.

But general yellowing fan leaf's may be expected with this strain or batch of seeds.

Please don't let others scare you into deviating from the GF 2 week schedule. My huge and very needy plants are doing just fine so far on the suggested amounts at the suggested times. If Geoflora were somehow weak and you needed extra or faster applications for needy plants, mine would be showing that. After growing several rounds of plants now from beginning to end in Geoflora, I am convinced that there is more than enough nutrition in there if we are applying at the suggested rate and that any problems I have been having have been related to other factors, temperature and bugs mostly. An organic grow is very susceptible to bugs since in this type of grow there are no readily available nutes coming in to supply the nutrition on a regular basis, even managing to feed damaged roots. In an organic grow, if the roots are not in tip top shape, or are being attacked in any way, deficiencies oftentimes occur even though everything needed is there, because the roots and the microbes being attacked gets in the way of the organic feeding cycle.

Day 24 Flower -

The girls canopies/bud growth looks good. Underneath the canopy though I continue to lose fan leaves on a couple of the plants that have had some major stretching. Wondering if the growth has led to more of the nutrients being taken from the lower leaves? Don’t see any more signs of gnats. Gave the 4 plants a 1/4 gallon of water each with a some mag/sulfur added. I didn’t want to water too much as our humidity is higher and I will be feeding @Geoflora Bloom and thoroughly watering on Thursday.

Websissy, I wouldn’t change anything, right on track. Cheers

Thanks for the info and reassurances. @Emilya - your plants look so healthy! I’ll have to go back and read your methods for future grow. I’m away for the next 4 days :surf: Watered PH set - about 1/2 gal. in each of the 4 three gallon cloth pots (sitting on drainage elevators).Left the lights as is - still some stretching but I think it’s slowed down a little.

I added another humidifier to the tent. Have a caretaker coming to refill the evap humidifier’s water (uses about 6 gallons a day on high).

Thinking my buds look fine. Lots of Trichomes on the higher buds’ sugar leaves. :yummy: Hoping they will be okay still when I return.

They look wonderful, Sissy. Enjoy your long weekend.

Back
Top Bottom