420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora

Hey 420.

Today GSC #1 decided to flop so I was forced to get off my backside and find some kind of way to support her. I chopped down some bamboo and have propped her up a bit. She is still a little way off yet but I'm sure it won't be long....

The second GSC is looking very close to being finished up. I'm thinking another week or so but it's looking good from here....

To say I'm impressed is an understatement. These plants are great.
Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Hey 420.

We're getting closer to the end now for GSC #2 and I'll probably be pulling her in the next few days. If not then it'll definitely be next weekend. Hopefully GSC #1 will be getting a bit closer by then also. Both are showing some foxtails and but #1 just doesn't look quite there though I think she is in the mostly cloudy trichome range. These pics are from yesterday so they are from flowering day 48 but today is actually day 49. So here they are just shy of week 8....

GSC #1....

GSC #2....

Drooling! Lol.

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

This will likely be the last update before we chop the first two plants in this journal. I am hoping to have a go at the harvest on Sunday which is just shy of week 9. Both are shooting out foxtails and both have mostly cloudy trichomes with some amber showing on GSC #2 and some just beginning to come through on GSC #1.....

GSC #1.

This plant is a big, floppy mess. If not for the stakes then it would be touching the sides of the pot as it hung upside down. Thankfully, the reason for this irritating trait is that her flowers are super heavy. Although they aren't all that dense just yet, they are really big. Much bigger than the tight flowers which her shorter sister sports. They seem to have a purple tinge coming through and look pretty.
There is a good amount of frost on her which is really greasy. It's slick at first and then sticks like glue.
The smell is becoming earthy and kind of skunky and It is a bit familiar. It smells really strong and I can see this plant being particularly potent....

GSC #2.

A frost monster indeed. I love this one and have been guilty of a bit of favouritism but it's easy to see why. So different to her sister and not just in appearance. She has a much more fruity scent now but is still very funky though I would say that her sister is the most pungent of the two now.
Despite being much shorter and more stocky she is still a bit floppy but nothing like her sister. The flowers on this one are much tighter and are already very dense....

The new plants on the block are ready to flower. I've topped these a few times but have done little else. They are already different in appearance from being grown in coco. Time to see how they flower....

Happy growing everyone.

Ok, so I took some bonus pics after messing around with the lighting and the camera. I thought as it's close to the end I had better get some more pics. These plants are very photogenic lol....

Thankfully, the reason for this irritating trait is that her flowers are super heavy.
Yeah, I agree. That is irritating. It's still weird that even with the added silica in your nutrients that they were still floppy. So far, my indoor are showing no signs of it. I did have some branches on the outdoor gsc that had to be tied up or they would be leaning every which way.

So are we concluding that it's genetics then? Could it be improved with different training? This might be a good topic to continue in thw group thread. I can't remember honestly if you brought it there or only here.
She has a much more fruity scent now but is still very funky though
My outdoor girl had been put up to a couple different noses in the house (my daughter's) and both got a little sweet piney/kinda fruity or sweet is what they described AND mint! I think my outdoor pheno hit on the mint terps!

Oh, I forgot to comment on the new pics. They look incredible by the way! So thick! Loving the look of both but yeah, I can see why she's your favorite. She caught my eye immediately too. She aged perfectly!

Yeah, I agree. That is irritating. It's still weird that even with the added silica in your nutrients that they were still floppy. So far, my indoor are showing no signs of it. I did have some branches on the outdoor gsc that had to be tied up or they would be leaning every which way.

So are we concluding that it's genetics then? Could it be improved with different training? This might be a good topic to continue in thw group thread. I can't remember honestly if you brought it there or only here.
I don't think my plants were 100% when I hit flower which may have caused them to have weak branches but I think that they may just be a bit floppy. A net would have been good for these two if not for the difference in height. I needed both pots in the same tray so I could water them at the same time.
I seem to remember someone else having wobble or floppy plants but I'm not sure who now. It might have been @ChefDGreen.
My outdoor girl had been put up to a couple different noses in the house (my daughter's) and both got a little sweet piney/kinda fruity or sweet is what they described AND mint! I think my outdoor pheno hit on the mint terps!
I'm really looking forward to trying both of these and comparing flavours. The look and the smells are different so I imagine that there will be some nice variation in the taste as well.
Oh, I forgot to comment on the new pics. They look incredible by the way! So thick! Loving the look of both but yeah, I can see why she's your favorite. She caught my eye immediately too. She aged perfectly!
Lol. Cheers Baked. I wonder how she will look when run with the organic nutrients.

I don't think my plants were 100% when I hit flower which may have caused them to have weak branches but I think that they may just be a bit floppy. A net would have been good for these two if not for the difference in height. I needed both pots in the same tray so I could water them at the same time.
That would definitely explain it. Plants will do stuff like that if they need supports.

I seem to remember someone else having wobble or floppy plants but I'm not sure who now. It might have been @ChefDGreen.

Yeah at 4 weeks I took my plants out to get them in the bigger tent and they were literally dragging on the ground. It was crazy.

Yeah at 4 weeks I took my plants out to get them in the bigger tent and they were literally dragging on the ground. It was crazy.
Lol. I'd like to get a pic of each of these individually at the end but I know that when I move one it'll be game over. TIMBER!
At least we know for next time.
Beautiful colors on those buds! I really like the purple. :thumb: :drool:
Cheers Azimuth.

I didn't think I'd be getting much colour from either of these but plant #1 is turning beautifully.
Hey Proff! Meant to leave a comment earlier but forgot :hmmmm: :lot-o-toke:

Those are stunning. I don't even know where to start, but I love that last shot :drool: :bravo:
Lol, Thanks Rex.

I used to have more time for taking pics but since the kids have grown up and their needs increased (much like the plants) I barely get any time at all. It's always flying visits to the grow room nowadays. Soon they'll both be at school though. Hallelujah!

I cut back on organic silica to test difference to first 5 grows with large buds which I never staked. Needed to stake this grow. Buds were large …good…and stems floppy. Genetics or silica? I will run another test next organic soil grow in the planning phase now. Cheers

I'm "leaning" towards Chef on this one. Yep, I just went there.

This round has been grown using MC and silicon and both plants are heavy and floppy as hell. #2 is only staying up because of her short branches. If I move her and she leans too much one way then she will topple.
The next round which begins on Monday will be GeoFlora with no added silicon. Stakes are at the ready lol.

I've also been using GeoFlora and silica since seed and my girls were very floppy, too. :battingeyelashes:

I've also been using GeoFlora and silica since seed and my girls were very floppy, too. :battingeyelashes:
I haven't used any silica my entire grow. Not sure but so far, the girls inside have shown no signs of it. They are still young though. I have support poles at the ready too!

I find it strange everyone else was experiencing floppy plants.. What was your feed schedule like? Did you ever allow your plants to dry out or did you keep the soil moist 100% of the time? I grew my plants in promix using the @GeoFlora Nutrients and no added silica and I had fairly strong stems, I use 16” fan on the wall to keep a good air flow moving around and I occasionally let my soil dry to the it feels like there’s air in the buckets, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I didn’t grow massive plants this time around but good enough size that a floppy plant would have been seen for sure. Still amazing smoke nonetheless!

I often come by here to remind myself what leaves look like.....

Back
Top Bottom