420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14

Ok getting back been tied up with friends extended visit. We hadda full house.

Too bad they gone we need a trim crew now.

Harvested last Thursday so 63 days in flower.

Hadda chop drop and bud wash.

All plants hanging dry right now.

Trim party starting tomorrow
looks like.

Pics before harvest:

Pics right before chop

20210825_081912.jpg

20210825_081903.jpg

20210825_081851.jpg

20210825_081844.jpg

20210825_081834.jpg

20210825_081828.jpg

20210825_081823.jpg

20210825_081810.jpg

20210825_081805.jpg

Ok getting back been tied up with friends extended visit. We hadda full house.

Too bad they gone we need a trim crew now.

Harvested last Thursday so 63 days in flower.

Hadda chop drop and bud wash.

All plants hanging dry right now.

Trim party starting tomorrow
looks like.

Pics before harvest:

Pics right before chop

20210825_081912.jpg

20210825_081903.jpg

20210825_081851.jpg

20210825_081844.jpg

20210825_081834.jpg

20210825_081828.jpg

20210825_081823.jpg

20210825_081810.jpg

20210825_081805.jpg
Impressive, Enjoying the grow start to finish

Most all smell like dank soil with a little cat piss in there for effect. lol

2 of the plants had a slight berry smell. This should improve with the curing process.
I've found anything possible during cure.

A friend of mine and me banged out the trim yesterday. Full 8 hours x 2 people was a good time. I found listening to Channel One Sound System to help with motivation. Highly recommended = old school Jamaican Sound System, 2 guys + sound machine + turntables and DUB.

No weights yet.... still a little moist. The stash in jars without lids.

Edit - smells more like berries today than dank. Estimated haul 14-16 zips trimmed in the cans.

Most all smell like dank soil with a little cat piss in there for effect. lol

2 of the plants had a slight berry smell. This should improve with the curing process.
I've found anything possible during cure.

A friend of mine and me banged out the trim yesterday. Full 8 hours x 2 people was a good time. I found listening to Channel One Sound System to help with motivation. Highly recommended = old school Jamaican Sound System, 2 guys + sound machine + turntables and DUB.

No weights yet.... still a little moist. The stash in jars without lids.

Edit - smells more like berries today than dank. Estimated haul 14-16 zips trimmed in the cans.
Bobrown, with you on the cure transformation. My GSC odor was extremely foul and equally frosty…simmered down to skunky pine with some citrus funk. This is pre-cure…testers have me floored. Cheers

In the jars and curing.
Put lids on the jars yesterday.

So I consider it dried and now the best part starts. Curing. Woot

Here's my rundown with the numbers.

Summary of how this run went.

Seeds = @Weed Seeds Express Girl Scout Cookies Feminized. No issues with these seeds. The breeder worked this line and I could tell by the quality and consistency of the plants. No herms which for GSC any other breeder I've used always had herms. Not these plants. So shout out to Weed Seeds Express for quality and constancy. I'm impressed with them. Thank you very much.

Link for seeds:
Girl Scout Cookies seeds (feminized) | WSE | Delivery Guaranteed

Lighting = @Mars Hydro FC-E6500 650W LED light bar Pro lamp with Blue and red/far red spectrum + full spectrum. Highly recommend this lamp. I've been completely happy with the result and performance and I'm impressed with the quality and yield.

Link to lamp:

NEW Mars Hydro FC-E6500 650W Commercial LED Grow Light For Indoor Plants

Soil = Coots mix fresh 1st run in 4 gal automated watering system.

Amendments = other than Coots mix which is already water only I supplemented with top dress @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG and FLOWER 3 x in VEG and 3 x in flower 3/4 cup of each in all the pots. Normally in a 4 gal pot start to finish without Geoflora my plants usually run out of steam. Coots mix is should be used in min 7gal containers if going start to finish. So VERY happy with GeoFlora. I've also been using this outside for sun grown and my plants LOVE it.

GeoFlora nutrient link:

Geoflora Nutrients

Gotta give another shout out to @Mars Hydro for the discount on the 5x5 tent I used. VERY VERY good quality tent HIGHLY recommend this one.

Link for tent:

Mars Hydro 5'x5' Indoor Grow Tent Plant Room 100%Reflective Mylar Home Box 600740983153 | eBay

Sale on now! Grab one HIGH-LY recommend.

Setup:
Normal setup with 5x5 Mars-Hydro tent fans on plants and extraction fan. My AC system is set up with filters that tco the weed smell. Only time I could smell plants was 15 minutes after lights out for about 10 minutes and it wasn't bad at all. Even in the room with the tent closed.

Organically grown - no pesticides no mildicides no special sauces nothing but water and no training or topping. I like to run seed I've never grown before all natural with minimum input from me. I'd run these again the exact same way. Maybe increase yield with a larger container. That wood be my only change, move to a 7.5gal coots mix up-can before flip to double yield.

Rundown with the numbers:

GSC #1 - 114g in the can dried

GSC #2 - 108g in the can dried

GSC #3 - 84g in the can dried

GSC #4 - 91g in the can dried

GSC #5 - 80g in the can dried - Lost about 20g to mold on the top cola.*

Grow totals = 477g total or 17 zips in the can plus some laf we puff while trimming.

1 pound + 1zip in a 5x5 @650w.

Quality is there in spades - more to come with a smoke report.

Note:
* We went away for a week vacation. Before we left RH in the grow room was low at around 50% rh - while we were in Canada the remnants of a hurricane came thru and dumped 10" of rain while we were away.

I had turned off my de-humidifier due to low humidity.

Came home soon as I walked in the door I could feel the humidity even with AC running. RH was +70%. GSC #5 was in the back corner with not a lot of air flow. Prolly all I needed to do was turn on the de-humidifier to avoid and do a wetable sulfur foliar in VEG to avoid the mold. All good cut it out toss and burn.

Thank you to all the sponsors :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:
@Weed Seeds Express
@GeoFlora Nutrients
@Mars Hydro
@420 for hosting and support. You guys rock.

I'm probably missing a few folks and also thanks to all the growers that took part in this comparative grow. I'm humbled and honored to be a part of something so cool and fun.

Good job everybody. Weed Good! Love Love Love

Cheers!

Good harvest bud :thumb:

The terpene profile of this strain has been of interest I'm sure you will enjoy :green_heart:

Excellent job, Bo. Your flowers look and sound great. You do have me a little worried about mould though. I don't think my plants have experienced an RH lower than 80% for their entire lives lol. It's the time of year and I can do little about it other than keep my fingers crossed.

Good job buddy.

What a fantastic show Bo, as usual. Job well done brother! :high-five:

Two things for sure, you grow some great cannabis and take excellent pictures.

That haul is impressive, gonna have to get some pointers when the time comes for me to grow.
Keep up the great work my friend, hope to be part of your next adventure as well :passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom