420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora

Them buds look fire mate congratulations on out of trim jail lol but you can't wait to try some after cure?
Cheers bud.

I had to try a few samples while trimming lol. It tastes pretty good already, especially #2. You're right though. I can't wait to try them again in a couple of weeks.

Great update Prof. Things are looking very pretty. Can’t wait to see that hash :p
Cheers, Donkey.

You'll have to wait a little longer as my arm hurts more today. The good thing is that this trim will get to cure in some jars for a bit before making any hash which is something I've not done before.

Hey 420.

It's been crazy busy recently with sick kids and doctors appointments so I apologize for the absence.
The flowers from the first round of plants are now in jars but I've yet to take a pic of that. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here are some pics from yesterday which was flowering day 16 for the new girls....

I was expecting some kind of resistance from these but so far so good. I didn't pee on them in the end and just added some flower nutrients on flowering day 14. I think I was lucky with the veg nutrients but both plants haven't had any for over 2 weeks and seem good.
There are a couple of differences I am noticing with these compared to the first. Firstly they seem more sturdy and don't sway like the coco grown plants did. That might just be because of how they were grown which was a bit rushed before. It could be that these are just happier with the GeoFlora though. They certainly look much happier.
The other thing is that these two hardly drink anything compared with the first two. I'm not waiting for the pot to dry out and instead have been watering them with a couple of litres of plain tap water every couple of days. The previous plants were drinking 10 litres a day between them for much of the flowering period. These two are still getting ready though so I expect them to pick up the pace but don't expect them to become quite as hungry.

So that was those two. Here is what I finished off last night before going "weed blind" or "harvest blind" as I sometimes call it....

I will weigh it up and do a better update for tomorrow. There were 8 jars in total though and enough trim to perhaps get around 2 ounces of bubble hash. I wanted to make that tonight but I hurt my arm and don't think it wise to do 3 hours of intensive stirring. We will be seeing some hash soon though.

Like I said, sorry for the absence but we should be back more frequently from now on.
Well that's all from me for today.
Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:
Well done on the harvest and congrats on making it to the finish line. Im sure your like me and eagerly waiting to sample your GSC.

Well done on the harvest and congrats on making it to the finish line. Im sure your like me and eagerly waiting to sample your GSC.
Thanks, Baron.

Indeed I am. Heres the harvest results for the first attempt coming up right now.

Hey 420.

So, the results are in. For the first round we achieved a total of 226g with GSC #1 coming in at 137g and GSC #2 being 89g.

I'm pretty happy with that considering the rocky start. Also I could most definitely have gotten another jar or more if my eyes and trimming patience were a little better. Still though, not bad at all. There is still the hash to come from these as well which will hopefully be done sometime over the next couple of days.

Here are some pics of the first harvest....

Now that those are jarred and ready for the curing to begin we can focus on these two....

I will be giving these two a better trim than the last two received. I'll give them another couple of days then hit them hard and clean up the bottoms a bit more. It's nice having a bit of trim but last time it was a bit too much. I'll try for more useable flower this time around and get the light to reach further into the plants....

There's a little bit of burn to some of their leaves and they are both slightly more pale than they were a few days ago but I think we are still doing alright

Happy growing everyone.

Nice harvest from the coco grown GSCs, Prof.

:ciao: Hi Prof. Congrats on the harvest. I’ve not done a smoke report yet, but the GSC I grew in my tent is, I believe, the strongest weed I’ve grown so far. The taste is smooth and creamy and it just gets me STONED. :yummy:
Hey, Boo!

I know what you mean. Both of mine are quite different early on but number 2 is my favourite. That one is creamy and sickly, sweet and is incredibly moreish.

Hey 420.

Quick update for today. This time around I managed to give them a decent trim. Here's what we did today....

It didn't take that long as the plants are far easier to work with than the previous two. I did notice that there was some white growth of some sort on top of the soil. It had been covered by leaves and was receiving little airflow prior to the trim and I hadn't seen it appear. I've dumped some more flower nutes granules on top of it and watered it in. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt me....

The plants are still growing well and look ok after the trim. They'll be back in no time....

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 4 for the new girls and I can say with certainty that I am more impressed with these than the previous attempt. Although not perfect, the plants feel so much more alive this time around and I haven't got the same anxiety as I did before. I'm aware that we are not out of the woods quite yet and there is still the transition to flowering nutes to deal with but I do feel like we are winning. Here we are on flowering day 4....

Notice how GSC #2 is larger than GSC #1. She really must not have been happy last time around lol.

As soon as the flowers have finished drying I will do an update on that and also plan for a hash round using GSC trim. Should be groovy. Here's those flowers teasing me with their slow drying....
DSC01716.JPG

Nearly there.

Happy growing everyone.

Great harvest…see some fat frosty buds and some purple…looks just like mine hanging after chop basically. Nice. Cheers

General question for anyone that had floppy plants, I actually ended using coat hangers cut into small pieces to pull the plants open more, not doubting anyone had to deal with it but never was staking them up a thought thankfully, but I do admit yours look a little on the heavier side lol.
I had to stake this GSC grow…first ever, but, new genetics and I did back down on organic silicon. Took silicon back to my usual dose my new grow. But happy the GSC buds were heavy and needed some support. Cheers

Great harvest…see some fat frosty buds and some purple…looks just like mine hanging after chop basically. Nice. Cheers
Cheers, cr8.

It'll be interesting to see if the colours are more pronounced on this round as the temps are around 10C cooler than they were for the first attempt. It was reading around 27C during lights on before whereas now we barely reach 17C. The plants still seem happy though.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 28 and despite growing the same plants again, things feel very different in the grow room. The environment is considerably cooler than it has been and is also a bit less humid. I'm not complaining though and neither are the plants. Temps are low when the lights are on so I guess they must be pretty low at 3am. We haven't hit 20C for a little while but the plants haven't noticeably slowed. The pace of waterings have slowed because of this but I haven't been waiting for the pots to dry out fully before watering. They have slowed to only a single watering this week which is something worth taking note of but I'm not going to worry just yet.
The plants themselves are looking great and seem to be getting everything that they need from the GeoFlora nutrients. This round has been even easier than before and I was expecting it to have at least a minor complication. Nothing yet though and I'd say that we are coming up to the half way point with these. I may allow these to go for a week or so more though that depends on the humidity levels as I always get a bit twitchy when the buds get fat lol.
Here we are this week....

And we also have this....

I didn't get quite as much I had hoped for because I made a mistake and thought that my arm had healed enough to make hash. Half an hour into the stirring and lifting and I realised my error. My arm still hurts now. We ended up with 25g in the end which is far better than nothing.
Anyway, hope you've all been good and happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 28 and despite growing the same plants again, things feel very different in the grow room. The environment is considerably cooler than it has been and is also a bit less humid. I'm not complaining though and neither are the plants. Temps are low when the lights are on so I guess they must be pretty low at 3am. We haven't hit 20C for a little while but the plants haven't noticeably slowed. The pace of waterings have slowed because of this but I haven't been waiting for the pots to dry out fully before watering. They have slowed to only a single watering this week which is something worth taking note of but I'm not going to worry just yet.
The plants themselves are looking great and seem to be getting everything that they need from the GeoFlora nutrients. This round has been even easier than before and I was expecting it to have at least a minor complication. Nothing yet though and I'd say that we are coming up to the half way point with these. I may allow these to go for a week or so more though that depends on the humidity levels as I always get a bit twitchy when the buds get fat lol.
Here we are this week....

And we also have this....

I didn't get quite as much I had hoped for because I made a mistake and thought that my arm had healed enough to make hash. Half an hour into the stirring and lifting and I realised my error. My arm still hurts now. We ended up with 25g in the end which is far better than nothing.
Anyway, hope you've all been good and happy growing everyone.
Awesome update Prof!

Sorry to hear that you're are still hurts, but I'm glad you got something to help with the pain! Hash looks Yum!!

Awesome update Prof!

Sorry to hear that you're are still hurts, but I'm glad you got something to help with the pain! Hash looks Yum!!
Cheers, Rex.

Not sure what happened with the arm but it is sore throughout most of the day and then really throbs at night. The Girl Scout Cookies is certainly helping out lol. Best go and have another blast.

Hope you're well bud.

Cheers, Rex.

Not sure what happened with the arm but it is sore throughout most of the day and then really throbs at night. The Girl Scout Cookies is certainly helping out lol. Best go and have another blast.

Hope you're well bud.

You know, you could call your doctor about it. :battingeyelashes:

Also, could you please provide the following info to me so that I can update my own info?
  • On what date did you start this grow?
  • What medium are you using?
  • Are you using any supplements in addition to GeoFlora?
:thanks:

You know, you could call your doctor about it. :battingeyelashes:
I know but we're trying to keep excursions to the docs to a minimum. Over the phone I'm pretty sure they'll just say "keep an eye on it".

Also, could you please provide the following info to me so that I can update my own info?
Yes ma'am!

On what date did you start this grow?
The current two were put into flowering on the 27th of September. Can't remember when I took the clones though.

Are you using any supplements in addition to GeoFlora?
Nope.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Forgot the medium. I'm using a cheap bag of soil from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom