420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora

I've also been using GeoFlora and silica since seed and my girls were very floppy, too. :battingeyelashes:
I harvested my first plants last night and I was right. As soon as I moved them they toppled in a spectacular fashion lol.
I haven't used any silica my entire grow. Not sure but so far, the girls inside have shown no signs of it. They are still young though. I have support poles at the ready too!
You wait for those flowers to get some weight to them. I think GSC #1 would have split right down the middle if she weren't supported.
I find it strange everyone else was experiencing floppy plants.. What was your feed schedule like? Did you ever allow your plants to dry out or did you keep the soil moist 100% of the time? I grew my plants in promix using the @GeoFlora Nutrients and no added silica and I had fairly strong stems, I use 16” fan on the wall to keep a good air flow moving around and I occasionally let my soil dry to the it feels like there’s air in the buckets, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I didn’t grow massive plants this time around but good enough size that a floppy plant would have been seen for sure. Still amazing smoke nonetheless!
Was that question to me? If so then I used coco and bottom feed them. They had 10 litres of water dumped into the tray every 2 days and they just suck it up. Air flow was good but the humidity for most of the grow was insane.
Like you said though, still amazing smoke. More on that in a mo.
I often come by here to remind myself what leaves look like.....
Lol. We'll see if we can do it again with the organics this time.

Hey 420.

So last night I chopped down both GSC and hung them up ready to start the drying. I've still to wash them which I'm hoping to do today.
I can't believe that they didn't go mouldy as they were so dense with growth underneath. I left the larfy bits in the hopes of getting some trim to make some GSC hash but it's crazy how much the plants produced. I'm going to get so much hash from these two lol. To be honest I'm still not really sure what a good score is when it comes to making bubble but I know we will be able to get at least an ounce from the trim from these two plants.
Ok, so last night was day 55 for these two and I left them in the tent without the lights on all day before they were cut down. I then started to trim them up nicely but quickly realised that I would be there all night. It wasn't long before I had been interrupted several times so I just thought screw it. Let's cut them, hang them and deal with the trimming when it's dry.
So here are the final pics of the plants before they were pulled from the tent....

I then got them out of the tent. Here is GSC #1 after being propped back up. She is small but huge if that makes sense....

I was too scared to pull GSC #2 from the tent as there is nothing to prop her with and as you can see she had been leaning on GSC #1. This plant is much smaller but is still packing the flowers....

I thought I'd tackle #2 first as she looked less intimidating. I was wrong lol. Sticky nightmare! It smells so sickly sweet and has floral candy tones. I tried to fit both plants in this tent to dry but they were never going to fit lol....

This next one was insane. The smell is really skunky and like piss and paint stripper. I couldn't get the smell from my hands even after washing them with alcohol and then having a shower. The amount of growth on this thing is just crazy and the plant was so heavy. Really impressed but also intimated lol. I can't believe it didn't go mouldy as all of that was hidden inside the plant....

So now that those two have been moved to one side it is time for the next generation to take the spotlight. So, have I been looking after the new veg plants? I'll let you decide....

I think I have gotten the hand of using the GeoFlora nutrients. One problem is that I am officially out of the veg nutes though lol. Never mind though I refuse to use any MC on these so if worse comes to worse I'll just wee on them or something. How difficult can it be to provide some extra nitrogen for a couple of weeks? Famous last words.

Those two above are on flowering day 1 by the way.

Happy growing everyone

:passitleft:

I harvested my first plants last night and I was right. As soon as I moved them they toppled in a spectacular fashion lol.

You wait for those flowers to get some weight to them. I think GSC #1 would have split right down the middle if she weren't supported.

Was that question to me? If so then I used coco and bottom feed them. They had 10 litres of water dumped into the tray every 2 days and they just suck it up. Air flow was good but the humidity for most of the grow was insane.
Like you said though, still amazing smoke. More on that in a mo.

Lol. We'll see if we can do it again with the organics this time.
General question for anyone that had floppy plants, I actually ended using coat hangers cut into small pieces to pull the plants open more, not doubting anyone had to deal with it but never was staking them up a thought thankfully, but I do admit yours look a little on the heavier side lol.

General question for anyone that had floppy plants, I actually ended using coat hangers cut into small pieces to pull the plants open more, not doubting anyone had to deal with it but never was staking them up a thought thankfully, but I do admit yours look a little on the heavier side lol.
It is strange. The new soil plants which have just hit flower are much sturdier than the coco plants were when they hit flower. Maybe these will stay up more.

Congratz on the harvest bud :green_heart:

Excuse me for being a numptie but where do people hang the whole plant or sections of the plant with so many leaf's ?

I think I'm missing some sort of thing...

Personally I trim before drying with trim frozen down for bubble bag hash, I got some pop corn bud this time round which I'm going to experiment with live rosin.

Congratz on the harvest bud :green_heart:

Excuse me for being a numptie but where do people hang the whole plant or sections of the plant with so many leaf's ?

I think I'm missing some sort of thing...

Personally I trim before drying with trim frozen down for bubble bag hash, I got some pop corn bud this time round which I'm going to experiment with live rosin.
Cheers, Fuzzy.

Recently I have been trimming my flowers and then hanging them but this time I hung them simply because I didn't think that I had time. I would have had to have gotten the kids ready for school as I was finishing up the harvest lol.
When it's all dry most of it is easily plucked from the plant with fingers and can result in a decent amount of finger hash. That's one of the few pros of doing it this way.

Hope you're well buddy.

I find it strange everyone else was experiencing floppy plants.. What was your feed schedule like? Did you ever allow your plants to dry out or did you keep the soil moist 100% of the time? I grew my plants in promix using the @GeoFlora Nutrients and no added silica and I had fairly strong stems, I use 16” fan on the wall to keep a good air flow moving around and I occasionally let my soil dry to the it feels like there’s air in the buckets, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I didn’t grow massive plants this time around but good enough size that a floppy plant would have been seen for sure. Still amazing smoke nonetheless!
These GSC genetics were the tallest I’ve grown so far and the longest I’ve ever vegged, so pushing my grow style. Less organic silicon also as a test. The buds were hefty…the perfect storm. I staked with a soft wire ring…worked great.
B26ACABD-092E-46E3-8E68-45349CCCD3CC.jpeg

These GSC genetics were the tallest I’ve grown so far and the longest I’ve ever vegged, so pushing my grow style. Less organic silicon also as a test. The buds were hefty…the perfect storm. I staked with a soft wire ring…worked great.
B26ACABD-092E-46E3-8E68-45349CCCD3CC.jpeg
Love the colors that come out in your crate room, do you have rough estimates of your total harvest weight? What are the dimensions of inside the box?

Love the colors that come out in your crate room, do you have rough estimates of your total harvest weight? What are the dimensions of inside the box?
Camaro1691, Dried cured bud weight 7 ozs organic soil bud weight 4 plants, 3.5 ozs very frosty sugar leaf for hash and extracts. Cabinet is 33” x 34” to allow me to move it through the basement doors in case of a future move. These GSC cured buds look to be spectacular. Testers agree. Cheers

Camaro1691, Dried cured bud weight 7 ozs organic soil bud weight 4 plants, 3.5 ozs very frosty sugar leaf for hash and extracts. Cabinet is 33” x 34” to allow me to move it through the basement doors in case of a future move. These GSC cured buds look to be spectacular. Testers agree. Cheers
Those are good numbers for a space that size. And no doubt on the testers agreeing on amazing buds. My run has been a home run, the strongest of the plants I’ve found is the one that puts off the cat piss odor, very sweet and smooth inhaling it as well, and holy, it knocks me into my chair and makes me question my tolerance levels. Haha. Cheers mate.

Cheers, Fuzzy.

Recently I have been trimming my flowers and then hanging them but this time I hung them simply because I didn't think that I had time. I would have had to have gotten the kids ready for school as I was finishing up the harvest lol.
When it's all dry most of it is easily plucked from the plant with fingers and can result in a decent amount of finger hash. That's one of the few pros of doing it this way.

Hope you're well buddy.
Love me some finger/scissor hash. I’ve always been a wet trimmer personally, I don’t sell much of my bud off soo for me it’s about looks on the cut and I like the way the buds have that nice tight clean appearance after shrinking down trimmed, if I was just banging out a big batch, I’d probably hang and trim it dry

Love me some finger/scissor hash. I’ve always been a wet trimmer personally, I don’t sell much of my bud off soo for me it’s about looks on the cut and I like the way the buds have that nice tight clean appearance after shrinking down trimmed, if I was just banging out a big batch, I’d probably hang and trim it dry
I'm still not entirely sure which method I prefer. One thing is for sure and that is that it takes longer to dry when just hung. Mines still drying and the weather has just turned wet so I will likely remove the flowers from the stems and lay them out on some net trays.
I did manage to get a little tester from each plant and despite not even being dry, I can already taste the turps. We are all in for a treat with these genetics.

I'm still not entirely sure which method I prefer. One thing is for sure and that is that it takes longer to dry when just hung. Mines still drying and the weather has just turned wet so I will likely remove the flowers from the stems and lay them out on some net trays.
I did manage to get a little tester from each plant and despite not even being dry, I can already taste the turps. We are all in for a treat with these genetics.
That’s probably why I trim wet mostly, I live in a humid environment, and out of fear of bud rot, I trim when I cut to speed up drying, I’ve still had it take close to 2 weeks before I learned to hang my bud over my flourescant fixture, just enough heat to pull the humidity but not dry it toooo quick. Once dry I jar it for a day, dump it back on the net till dry again then it goes into jars for cure. And I agree, as soon as it was dry enough to smoke the taste was amazing already and very smooth, now that it’s been curing, it’s even more amazing!

That’s probably why I trim wet mostly, I live in a humid environment, and out of fear of bud rot, I trim when I cut to speed up drying, I’ve still had it take close to 2 weeks before I learned to hang my bud over my flourescant fixture, just enough heat to pull the humidity but not dry it toooo quick. Once dry I jar it for a day, dump it back on the net till dry again then it goes into jars for cure. And I agree, as soon as it was dry enough to smoke the taste was amazing already and very smooth, now that it’s been curing, it’s even more amazing!
I can't wait to get this stuff curing. That could be a little while away yet if I don't act soon.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 4 for the new girls and I can say with certainty that I am more impressed with these than the previous attempt. Although not perfect, the plants feel so much more alive this time around and I haven't got the same anxiety as I did before. I'm aware that we are not out of the woods quite yet and there is still the transition to flowering nutes to deal with but I do feel like we are winning. Here we are on flowering day 4....

Notice how GSC #2 is larger than GSC #1. She really must not have been happy last time around lol.

As soon as the flowers have finished drying I will do an update on that and also plan for a hash round using GSC trim. Should be groovy. Here's those flowers teasing me with their slow drying....
DSC01716.JPG

Nearly there.

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Quick update for the end of the first week of flower for the second round of plants.
It's crazy how different these two feel now. I was actually worried that I had somehow mixed them up lol. Not the case though and it would seem that the different nutes and medium create very different plants. Beautiful plants too....

We are pretty close to having dry flowers from the first round now as well. Parhaps in the next update they will be ready to show off before getting a good cure.

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Quick update for the end of the first week of flower for the second round of plants.
It's crazy how different these two feel now. I was actually worried that I had somehow mixed them up lol. Not the case though and it would seem that the different nutes and medium create very different plants. Beautiful plants too....

We are pretty close to having dry flowers from the first round now as well. Parhaps in the next update they will be ready to show off before getting a good cure.

Happy growing everyone.

Quality picture there mate looking good in there aswell

Hey 420.

It's been crazy busy recently with sick kids and doctors appointments so I apologize for the absence.
The flowers from the first round of plants are now in jars but I've yet to take a pic of that. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here are some pics from yesterday which was flowering day 16 for the new girls....

I was expecting some kind of resistance from these but so far so good. I didn't pee on them in the end and just added some flower nutrients on flowering day 14. I think I was lucky with the veg nutrients but both plants haven't had any for over 2 weeks and seem good.
There are a couple of differences I am noticing with these compared to the first. Firstly they seem more sturdy and don't sway like the coco grown plants did. That might just be because of how they were grown which was a bit rushed before. It could be that these are just happier with the GeoFlora though. They certainly look much happier.
The other thing is that these two hardly drink anything compared with the first two. I'm not waiting for the pot to dry out and instead have been watering them with a couple of litres of plain tap water every couple of days. The previous plants were drinking 10 litres a day between them for much of the flowering period. These two are still getting ready though so I expect them to pick up the pace but don't expect them to become quite as hungry.

So that was those two. Here is what I finished off last night before going "weed blind" or "harvest blind" as I sometimes call it....

I will weigh it up and do a better update for tomorrow. There were 8 jars in total though and enough trim to perhaps get around 2 ounces of bubble hash. I wanted to make that tonight but I hurt my arm and don't think it wise to do 3 hours of intensive stirring. We will be seeing some hash soon though.

Like I said, sorry for the absence but we should be back more frequently from now on.
Well that's all from me for today.
Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

It's been crazy busy recently with sick kids and doctors appointments so I apologize for the absence.
The flowers from the first round of plants are now in jars but I've yet to take a pic of that. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here are some pics from yesterday which was flowering day 16 for the new girls....

I was expecting some kind of resistance from these but so far so good. I didn't pee on them in the end and just added some flower nutrients on flowering day 14. I think I was lucky with the veg nutrients but both plants haven't had any for over 2 weeks and seem good.
There are a couple of differences I am noticing with these compared to the first. Firstly they seem more sturdy and don't sway like the coco grown plants did. That might just be because of how they were grown which was a bit rushed before. It could be that these are just happier with the GeoFlora though. They certainly look much happier.
The other thing is that these two hardly drink anything compared with the first two. I'm not waiting for the pot to dry out and instead have been watering them with a couple of litres of plain tap water every couple of days. The previous plants were drinking 10 litres a day between them for much of the flowering period. These two are still getting ready though so I expect them to pick up the pace but don't expect them to become quite as hungry.

So that was those two. Here is what I finished off last night before going "weed blind" or "harvest blind" as I sometimes call it....

I will weigh it up and do a better update for tomorrow. There were 8 jars in total though and enough trim to perhaps get around 2 ounces of bubble hash. I wanted to make that tonight but I hurt my arm and don't think it wise to do 3 hours of intensive stirring. We will be seeing some hash soon though.

Like I said, sorry for the absence but we should be back more frequently from now on.
Well that's all from me for today.
Happy growing everyone.
Them buds look fire mate congratulations on out of trim jail lol but you can't wait to try some after cure?

Back
Top Bottom