420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen

Thanks @beez0404 . The Rx blend is really keeping them happy and the @Atreum Lighting gear has got them growing very fast.

Today is flip + 18, day 110 total. These plants I guess had more stretch in them yet, cause they’ve gotten even bigger. The flowers are coming out in troves now as well. I think we’re very close to being done with the height game. In the next couple days they should be switched to full bloom, no more growth… I hope. I’m starting to see frost on the fans already too… that’s a great sign.

that’s all for today… I think I’ll slowly defoliate everyday until I’m happy with how deep the light is penetrating. This watering almost every day is getting old… I keep telling myself it’s just another 40 days…
:morenutes:

i agree that it is hard to notice. That's a good thing though, i dont want to be too drastic with it at one time. I'll keep taking leaves little by little until it is fairly noticeable.

I'm running them a full 12/12. precautions? :hmmmm:

I should probably wear glasses lol

right now my lights are set to 74%. I dont think i can go much higher without lowering the plants down a bit.. which i dont see why thats a good option exactly, id be adding more heat with more power. I think i'm deciding to leave them be as we speak.

is it just me or do both my plants look like durban leaners?

hey GSC group,
been quite a few days since my last GSC update. I've been working crazy hours and haven't even had much time to see the plants myself, much less show you all. I'm pleased to report that they're both looking killer and stacking up nicely. i havent gotten into the tent to remove more foliage yet... and I'm not sure I want to...

What do you guys think about continuing the defol?

im seeing pretty decent bud growth down low, what do yall see?

I'd continue to clean out enough to make sure you get better airflow above the surface of the soil than at the canopy.
Right. Like pick a point, say maybe a third up from the bottom, and clear out everything other than the main stems up to that point. All the leaves and small buds. Everything goes. Allows for much better air flow down low and saves the nutes for the large top buds without wasting it so much on what will be larf.

Plants are looking good! :goodjob:

That makes sense although probably also depends on space between plants. Easier to get good air flow with more leaves still on if you get good spacing between them or, like you, can space the plants out a bit outdoors.

Crammed together in a tent makes it more challenging. Maybe a few small fans down low could help as well.

And when I say crammed together in a small space, I'm speaking from experience. ;)

Looking great, Chef.

I'd say you could still remove a bit more. They seem to fatten up quite quickly.

Yours look like sativa leaners to me. I have one that looks like yours but my other is straight up indica. Short, fat, kush looking thing....

Shorty smells better and legs is the better growing plant.

Cheers, Chef.

I'd continue to clean out enough to make sure you get better airflow above the surface of the soil than at the canopy.

Those colas are really starting to stack now. :nice:
I did just that! Pics are at the bottom.
Right. Like pick a point, say maybe a third up from the bottom, and clear out everything other than the main stems up to that point. All the leaves and small buds. Everything goes. Allows for much better air flow down low and saves the nutes for the large top buds without wasting it so much on what will be larf.

Plants are looking good! :goodjob:
I took only branches that weren’t at proper canopy height. I also took a few leaves to try and get that good light lower down. A lot better airflow though, as you can see from the photos.
I try to leave as many fans as possible in flower to prevent the plant from feeling the need to replace them rather than focusing on flowers. Lower flowers on the other hand, get plucked. #nolarf

If I'm going to lollipop I only do it in veg.
The leaves near the bottom get drained of their nutrients and left for dead anyhow, so I took some of them off.
That makes sense although probably also depends on space between plants. Easier to get good air flow with more leaves still on if you get good spacing between them or, like you, can space the plants out a bit outdoors.

Crammed together in a tent makes it more challenging. Maybe a few small fans down low could help as well.

And when I say crammed together in a small space, I'm speaking from experience. ;)
i agree that in the crammed space you’ve gotta be a lot more aggressive with the defoliation, especially compared to outdoor.

There’s plenty of air movement - high and low.

Looking great, Chef.

I'd say you could still remove a bit more. They seem to fatten up quite quickly.

Yours look like sativa leaners to me. I have one that looks like yours but my other is straight up indica. Short, fat, kush looking thing....

Shorty smells better and legs is the better growing plant.

Cheers, Chef.
Hey thanks Prof!

Your gals look great! I definitely got some taller lankier gsc girls… then again it’s hard to judge phenos between grows cause environmentals can be so drastically different that the same pheno may look different even though it’s actually not. I was thinking about that yesterday. Unless we know our temps, humidity, and par values are very close.. it’s hard to say. Definitely got a pair of thin leaf girls though, I think that may be the only valid Indicator… even then, I wouldnt be surprised if a fat leaf variety puts out thin leaves in the presence of more light. My plants smell great though, kind of fruity and tropical.

There you can see, nice airflow

Back
Top Bottom